Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Hi @Robbie_P definitely you can complete the initial application and all forms after that online.  In our case we sent our form by courier to our daughter who opened it and advised them that she was to be our sponsor then mailed them on to Perth, they replied to us by email that the application had been received and not to contact them for the next 2 years as they would advise us on the next steps we would have to take, which ended at 32 months before we heard about the invitation to start documentation.  I'm sure there have been many applications since Dec 2016, probably on other forums on this site.  All the best for an easy way ahead.

Hi @Mel-B I presume your mom doesn't use a computer, much easier to go to the site

Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection, download the form 47PA onto your screen and complete them and save them, that way you can delete things that you have made mistakes with and complete those blocks correctly.  Cheers Antipodian

57 minutes ago, antipodian said:

Hi @Robbie_P definitely you can complete the initial application and all forms after that online.  In our case we sent our form by courier to our daughter who opened it and advised them that she was to be our sponsor then mailed them on to Perth, they replied to us by email that the application had been received and not to contact them for the next 2 years as they would advise us on the next steps we would have to take, which ended at 32 months before we heard about the invitation to start documentation.  I'm sure there have been many applications since Dec 2016, probably on other forums on this site.  All the best for an easy way ahead.

@antipodian

I know that in April 2015 it was definitely not possible to do the 143 Application online.They wanted a Paper application.

As you know we can send an "empty " email to parents@immi.gov.au  and the they will email you the latest info on the parent visas situation e.g. the date that they are processing and also other general info.

I copy from their latest info email:

ALL subclass 143, 173 and 103 Parent applications and form 1436 additional applicant applications, must be mailed or couriered to the PERTH Parent Visa Centre.

b.    Our mail address is:  Parent Visa Centre, Department of Home Affairs, Locked Bag 7 NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865

c.     Our courier address is: Parent Visa Centre, Department of Home Affairs, 836 Wellington Street WEST PERTH WA 6005.

PROVIDING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
There is no option to use the ImmiAccount for provision of documents for any visas processed by our section, as all our applications are paper lodged.  Multiple documents should be saved in one PDF file if possible and attached to your email.  We also accept jpg files.  Links to web PDF files such as Google drive and One Drive cannot be accepted due to our IT Security configuration.

The way I understand it, the original application cannot be emailed, but later communications i.e. Change of addresses ,new passport or other circumstances can be done via email.

Perhaps someone more recently applied can advise.?.

quite right @DGT sorry about that, not explaining myself too well. We filled the original form on line, after having downloaded it,  printed it and went to the couriers who sent it to Aus. as without a signature on real paper they would not have entertained our application. cheers Antipodian.

11 hours ago, Robbie_P said:

Hi all, 

We going to be submitting our 143 very soon! Once the application has been formally submitted, is it possible to add documentation to it?

For example, my brother is a NZ permanent resident now, but in a few months time he will have NZ citizenship. Rather that hold up a 143 application, could we rather add his NZ Citizenship documentation after the 143 have been submitted? 

I can imagine, being a 3 year waiting period, there are bound to be numerous changes along the way, so it would make sense that its possible to updater your documentation as your situation changes.

Cheers,

Robbie

@Robbie_P Always just do what they ask and tell the truth. Yes you can change information originally submitted on your Form 47PA by completing some forms for that purpose and email it to WA Parents with very specific information in the subject line. I don't have the subject line info but it should be in your Visa Application Acknowledgement Letter - something like your Application ID or File number, name, etc.

The Forms you could use are: Form 1022 - Notification of changes in circumstances; Form 929 - Change of address and/or passport details.

You might also be asked to complete Form 80 (even if you did initially) towards the end of the assessment process.

In our case we sold our house, my parents died and my youngest son got married. So I submitted both Forms 929 and 1022 while in the waiting room.

Good luck and a speedy process!

Edited by Dirkz
  • Like 1

@Robbie_P and others interested:

Change of Circumstances:

If the applicants experience any changes in circumstances, the Department must be notified in writing within 14 days of the event. Forms to be used are:

Change of Address Notification:Form 929 ‘Client Change of Address’

Changes in Circumstance: Form 1022 ‘Notification of Change of Circumstance’.

If you find that you have given any incorrect information to the Department, you must advise the Department as soon as possible using form 1023 ‘Notification of Incorrect Answers’.

Contact Details

You can contact the Parent Visa Centre via e-mail or by post at Parent Visa Centre, Locked Bag 7, NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865.

In all correspondence, you should ensure that the Primary applicants name and Reference Number (F2014/******) is quoted. If, in your application, you nominated another person to receive correspondence about your case, all correspondence will be sent to that person and it will be taken that you have received it. Even if this is the case, you must still notify the Department of any change in your address.

Due to the large number of applications received in the section, enquiries about the receipt of documentation and the general status of an application may not be answered.

Hope this helps :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Robbie_P said:

@Mel-B Good luck to you and your Mom! We going to be applying in the next few days.  Did your Mom use an agent for her application?

Nope, we hacked it together ourselves! Tight budget :( We initially did our own PR visa so it seemed doable. You using an agent?

Hi Roomie,

Has any 9/2015 lodger received an invite from Home affairs to prepare docs yet?

Regards,

Kev

Hi Fellow 143 applicants, 

Are there any of you that will reach the end of their wait and then for the AoS "sponsor person part " (not the deposit)  their sponsor who is their child (and partner) have not been earning the new required much higher minimum the past 2.5 - 3 years, and therefore will not be able to sponsor them?  

Especially when only one of your children are working and the other is stay at home mom.  For a sponsor with a partner and 2 children, who wants to sponsor their 2 parents, the calculator says they have to earn as a couple a combined minimum of $117 000 taxable income, that year and the past 2 years as well. 

Suddenly it seems that this visa application is going nowhere for us.

What to do? 

• Confused 1

@MelW 

It is my understanding that the new regulations will apply to AOS applications LODGED on or after 1 April 2018.

My sponsor lodged his application in Oct 2017 and is still waiting for the Centrelink phone call.My sponsor should therefore not have to comply with the new income requirements.

I should have clarity about the situation soon and will let you know.

@MelW

When did your Son receive his" invitation to prepare documents"?

When did he Lodge his AOS application with Centrelink?

8 hours ago, DGT said:

@MelW 

It is my understanding that the new regulations will apply to AOS applications LODGED on or after 1 April 2018.

My sponsor lodged his application in Oct 2017 and is still waiting for the Centrelink phone call.My sponsor should therefore not have to comply with the new income requirements.

I should have clarity about the situation soon and will let you know.

@DGT ~ I don't think you'll be affected since your application was lodged in Oct 2017. The new rules only applied to new AOS application from 1/4/18.

On 4/17/2018 at 8:21 AM, KevinLee said:

Hi Roomie,

Has any 9/2015 lodger received an invite from Home affairs to prepare docs yet?

Regards,

Kev

Hi Kevin

The last person on this thread to be contacted to prepare docs is Viet - their application date is 12th June 2015.

The next person in line is Onthemove - application date 24th June 2015

2 others DGT and Data still waiting for AOS letter

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MelW said:

Hi Fellow 143 applicants, 

Are there any of you that will reach the end of their wait and then for the AoS "sponsor person part " (not the deposit)  their sponsor who is their child (and partner) have not been earning the new required much higher minimum the past 2.5 - 3 years, and therefore will not be able to sponsor them?  

Especially when only one of your children are working and the other is stay at home mom.  For a sponsor with a partner and 2 children, who wants to sponsor their 2 parents, the calculator says they have to earn as a couple a combined minimum of $117 000 taxable income, that year and the past 2 years as well. 

Suddenly it seems that this visa application is going nowhere for us.

What to do? 

Hi MelW

One will have to get another person to sponsor any one of the applicants.

The calculation of the income requirement is as follows for 2 adults ( Parents ) being sponsored by one sibling ( Assurer ) who is married with 2 children:

Newstart Allowance ( NSA ) = AUD 29430 mutliplied by 4 (2  Parents  + 2 adults ( sibling plus spouse ) = AUD 117720 plus 10% of AUD 29430 multiplied by 2 ( children of sibling ) = AUD 5886 - therefore total income required will be AUD 123606.

What i am not sure about is how the income is calculated if both the sibling and the spouse give joint sponsorship.

Let us hope that all on this thread will be able to achieve this goal.

Best of luck  

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 4:21 PM, DGT said:

Again.!!

Sorry for the mes up I made  with my reply to @JTN

Hi DGT

No problem. Hope all goes smoothly for you.

3 hours ago, JTN said:

2 others DGT and Data still waiting for AOS letter

Received confirmation of AOS today so just waiting for case officer/confirmation to pay 2nd VAC now... 

• Like 1

Great news thing are moving. Elza what is happening with your application?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, data said:

Received confirmation of AOS today so just waiting for case officer/confirmation to pay 2nd VAC now... 

Hi Data

Congrats - well done. Your app went quick - good show. Pack your bags. Best wishes

• Like 1

Hi All,

Silly question.. 

We are about to submit our 143 application, however we are 1 certified document short.. Its a marriage certificate, but we only have a copy (not certified). 

The turn around time for the marriage certificate through the South African High Commission is 12 months. If we go directly to a home affairs in South Africa it may be a bit sooner (3-6 months) 

Seems silly to hold off submitting our 143 (which takes 2-3 years) while we wait for one certified document.

Do you think a copy of the marriage certificate will be fine (for now), then when we get the orignal to certify (in 3-12 months), we can add it to the application?

Cheers,

Robbie

What did the sponsors use to show you have been living here in Oz for 2 years? Will gas accounts and a rental agreement do it?

@Mel-B How about employment contract or payslip? I know my payslip has the start date of my job.

Just now, Robbie_P said:

@Mel-B How about employment contract or payslip? I know my payslip has the start date of my job.

That started 6 months after arrival... will mean were time short :(