Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

2 hours ago, Benoni61 said:

Hi Guys,

Re the new AOS requirement. This may not help those of us that are "almost there" but it is perhaps an option for some: https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/about-us/blog/

What I'd like an answer to is whether they will strictly apply the Assurers current salary for the previous 2 years or whether they will consider the overall average income over the passed 2 years (in which case we could still possibly be ok ). Any feedback/confirmation would be appreciated.

@Benoni61

Thanks for the most informative link.

I  don't want to copy and paste from that blog as I am unsure about the protocols /etiquette  involved.

If I were you I would wait a while until the "new" regulation is properly interrogated and fully understood by the various Agents/advisers, before making any decisions .

• Like 1

@DGT I agree. While we might be ok, we're exploring Plan B.

@bernadette24 Last week when I checked they were still indeed still at 20 April 2015 but I suspect/hope they have just not updated the link ;-) 

when we had our medicals in Dec. they took 2 vials of blood which we handed in at the lab. counter, presumably to test for aids and hepatitis.  The doctor never indicated whether we would pass the medical until some weeks later when the visa was granted to my wife and I.

@bernadette24

My health Examination called only for the following:

Medical examination (501)

HIV test (707)   

Chest x ray (502)

So the blood test was only and aids test.

1 minute ago, antipodian said:

when we had our medicals in Dec. they took 2 vials of blood which we handed in at the lab. counter, presumably to test for aids and hepatitis.  The doctor never indicated whether we would pass the medical until some weeks later when the visa was granted to my wife and I.

Thank you.

Hi guys,

Have a look at assurance of support checker to see if you are eligible:

https://www.centrelink.gov.au/custsite_aoscalc/aoscalc/eligibilityPage.jsf?wec-appid=aoscalc&wec-locale=en_US#stay

Assurance of support financial requirement checker to see if you pass the income test:

https://www.centrelink.gov.au/custsite_aoscalc/aoscalc/financialCalPage.jsf?prg_id=7f70d7e8c6f24ec1bda24d4424eb92cf&wec-appid=aoscalc&page=D6A8C3632D6A43798B75AB1A8F69682B&wec-locale=en_US#stay

Also attached AOS checklist AOS checklist - attachment (1).pdfsent by PVC team 1

• Like 1

Hi everyone, just to let you know my mom visa has been GRANTEEED yesterday. We've got the request to pay 2nd VAC on Tuesday 10/4/2018. Thank you very much everyone for your help and support during the most stressing time of my life. :)

Good luck and speedy visa to all parents in this waiting room!!! xoxo :wub: 

I've put all my date details in the signature for reference. 

Edited by TinaH
  • Like 4

@SueP. Thank heavens my daughter's last task was to pay the Aos fee and get the bank guaranteed cheque to the Perth Immigration office for our second vac payment, so once that was done our visa was speedily granted, so hope your experience will be a good one as ours. Many times we used to say to each other: let's just wait and see maybe that piece of paper will arrive or it might not.

• Haha 1

Hi All, 

I have just spent the past few hours reading this topic from page one.

My father (60 years old) is going to be  applying for the  143 in the coming days. The forms are printed and will sent shortly. Out of interest, can applications for the 143 be made online?

In reading the topic, i didnt seen any new applications from members since December 2016?

Cheers,

Robbie

• Like 1

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2018L00425/Html/Text

Hi All,

refer to the above site to calculate income for AOS

Congrats Tina - best wishes to your mum.

@antipodian - wow your application went quick - your visa granted a few weeks after you did your medicals - great stuff well done - good luck

@Viet - sorry mate about the AOS new rules  - hope all works out for you

@DGT - any news from PVC regarding your AFP and Polio Vaccination - do they still want it? Centrelink seems to be taking a long time with your AOS. Lets hope all gets sorted out soon.

@Data - Congrats - you already there. Should not long before you get your visa. hope all smooth from here on.

@On the move - I am waiting for you  - keeping fingers crossed

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JTN said:

@On the move - I am waiting for you  - keeping fingers crossed

@JTN  LOL, I’m also waiting for me :D .... in anticipation things will happen sooner rather than later. 

Hoping for a smooth run for all of us. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robbie_P said:

Hi All, 

I have just spent the past few hours reading this topic from page one.

My father (60 years old) is going to be  applying for the  143 in the coming days. The forms are printed and will sent shortly. Out of interest, can applications for the 143 be made online?

In reading the topic, i didnt seen any new applications from members since December 2016?

Cheers,

Robbie

@Robbie_P 143 Visa cannot be applied for online.

Best wishes with your Dad,s application.

7 hours ago, JTN said:

@DGT - any news from PVC regarding your AFP and Polio Vaccination - do they still want it? Centrelink seems to be taking a long time with your AOS. Lets hope all gets sorted out soon.

7 hours ago, JTN said:

@JTN My agent replied to our CO,politely asking clarification on the AFP issue.

I have in the meantime seen the actual letter from the CO and it is clear to me that he did not  request a Polio Certificate.

He actually said :If you are from one of the countries listed below ,or spent 28 days or longer in these Countries On or after 5 May2014 encourage you to  have a polio Vascination prior to departing to Australia.

Yes the AOS situation strange.

@TinaH Congrats! 

@Robbie_P Welcome. 

I am sure there must have been applications for the 143 Visa after December, we just do not know about them yet. Sooner or later people find their way to our waiting room. 

Good luck with your Dad's application.

• Thanks 1

My mom is applying for her 143 tomorrow. The long wait starts. 

• Like 1

@Mel-B Good luck to you and your Mom! We going to be applying in the next few days.  Did your Mom use an agent for her application?

Hi all, 

We going to be submitting our 143 very soon! Once the application has been formally submitted, is it possible to add documentation to it?

For example, my brother is a NZ permanent resident now, but in a few months time he will have NZ citizenship. Rather that hold up a 143 application, could we rather add his NZ Citizenship documentation after the 143 have been submitted? 

I can imagine, being a 3 year waiting period, there are bound to be numerous changes along the way, so it would make sense that its possible to updater your documentation as your situation changes.

Cheers,

Robbie

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Robbie_P said:

Hi all, 

We going to be submitting our 143 very soon! Once the application has been formally submitted, is it possible to add documentation to it?

For example, my brother is a NZ permanent resident now, but in a few months time he will have NZ citizenship. Rather that hold up a 143 application, could we rather add his NZ Citizenship documentation after the 143 have been submitted? 

I can imagine, being a 3 year waiting period, there are bound to be numerous changes along the way, so it would make sense that its possible to updater your documentation as your situation changes.

Cheers,

Robbie

@Robbie.

Hi. Yes. There is a form (929 I think) for change of circumstances etc. Also a form for change of address. We had to submit quite a few in the last couple of months before our visas were granted.

12 hours ago, Mel-B said:

My mom is applying for her 143 tomorrow. The long wait starts. 

Welcome and all the best!