Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

4 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@TinaH

The email comes from PVC team 1 and merely states that the process has reached the stage where a 2nd VAC is required and shows the amount payable with instructions regarding payment.

@Elna57 ~ how many methods of payment that we have for the 2nd VAC?

• Like 1

@TinaH. Bank cheque or credit card. The letter mentioned an invoice which would contain other info but only for certain applications. Don't know which, no invoice with our instructions.

Good luck.

• Like 1

@TinaH check the dates for @Dirkz it only too 2 days from the AoS to visit granted..... Is this correct? I see all the others are like 6 Weeks....

• Like 1

On 12/03/2018 at 1:57 AM, TinaH said:

@Elza~ I'm sure you'll get the request to pay 2nd VAC soon. 

I'm still waiting for the CO. ....

@TinaH I really do hope all is wrapped by the end of April for me.... Only a few weeks to go....

• Like 2

On 12/03/2018 at 1:12 PM, Dirkz said:

@Elza I sincerely hope your AOS processing will not be as time consuming as ours was. Holding thumbs for you.

@Dirkz I hope so too.... Do you remember the time you waited between your AoS payment and 2nd payment? I figured about 6weeks...

• Like 1

It's been so quiet recently. No changes, no contacts. I just want to get all paperwork sorted then I can planned in advance when my mom is here. 

• Like 1

Elza, There is a big difference between paying the AOS bond and getting the AOS approved (AOS Acceptance Letter).

In our case my son submitted AOS documents on 21 April 2017. He was only contacted for interview on 5 July. Asked to do the bond on 12 July. Completed bond on 17 July. Then we waited for the AOS Acceptance letter which was only issued on 23 August. When they received that AOS Acceptance Letter we were immediately requested to pay the 2nd VAC. And when they received the bank cheque 2 days later,  we were issued our visa the same day (the 25th August). At that stage we were in direct contact with our CO because we had already arranged for our container to load and had bought our flight tickets. We flew out on 29 August. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Dirkz thank you for the info..... I  was checking on the time frame comparisons when I saw your dates. So, wow! What took you 12 weeks in process we did in 4 weeks, shame man!! How stressful that must gave been for you! I now wait for the acceptance letter, which I calculated I should receive near the end of April...... about 4 weeks to wait still!! Tell me did you get your letter through snail mail?

• Like 1

On 13/03/2018 at 6:43 AM, TinaH said:

Then you'll be expecting a telephone interview soon. Everything is so slow now. 

@TinaH just to add, my son received an email asking for him to phone the Sydney off for the interview..... strange hey??

@DGT

• Like 1

@Elza

My son received the AOS Acceptance Letter in his Centrelink account. He was checking for it every day at that stage. When he received it, he immediately downloaded it and emailed it to us.  We then emailed it to our CO. 

The letter also states that the Dept of Immi and Border Protection has also been notified so they can proceed with te visa application

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys,

This is my first post, have been observing this forum for a while and it helped me a lot. Just wanted to share our journey with you guys and hope you all will get there.

We got the visa granted yesterday class 143, The applicants are Pakistanis. The application was lodge on 11 Mar 2015. The application was for my mother and dependent sister. It was a bit challenging for her to be proven dependent as she was over 25 but luckily it worked. I could not find much info about applications having dependent over 25, so filling up the questioner was tough. Co assigned on 04-01-2018 and requested for more documents, medical and AOS. After AOS was submitted 2nd VAC payment was requested on 16-03-2018.

Cheers,

Joe

• Like 3

10 hours ago, joe911 said:

Hi Guys,

This is my first post, have been observing this forum for a while and it helped me a lot. Just wanted to share our journey with you guys and hope you all will get there.

We got the visa granted yesterday class 143, The applicants are Pakistanis. The application was lodge on 11 Mar 2015. The application was for my mother and dependent sister. It was a bit challenging for her to be proven dependent as she was over 25 but luckily it worked. I could not find much info about applications having dependent over 25, so filling up the questioner was tough. Co assigned on 04-01-2018 and requested for more documents, medical and AOS. After AOS was submitted 2nd VAC payment was requested on 16-03-2018.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi , thanks for sharing your updates.

I have almost similar situation . i have applied for my father and and younger brother (above 25) in nov 2015. When i applied there was no age limit. I tried to find out a lot how to prove dependency of my brother on my father. He is a full time student. I will be very grateful if you share some information . wat immi ask?.  Wat docs should I keep ready?.  Thanks 

• Like 2

@VGill

I understand your pain. It drove me nuts when I could not find any info about dependents.

When I was submitting the documents, my friend she is a migration agent gave me few tips. I did submitted tons of documents. " Be very careful as the wrong documents can back fire and make things complicated". We also made sure while the CO was assigned my sister was still enrolled in University and we also mentioned that if the visa was granted she will transfer her credits to Australian university. Few points that worked in our favor are my sister has minor hearing issue which does make it difficult for her to find a job in Pakistan. She had her degrees in textile engineering and in Pakistan the textile industry is dying so she enrolled in MBA to get a better paying job.

The focus is that your brother is completely dependent on your Father (When the application was lodged and while it is being assessed). Also should not have any serious medical conditions that will be a burden on Australian system. A case I found was of down syndrome 41 years old dependent. The applicant withdrew him from the application as it got complicated.

The list of documents I submitted:

For my mother side (income tax papers, bank statements, property documents, utility bills, grocery invoices)

For my Sister side (medical certificate for hearing and hearing aid,  uni enrollment certificates/letter, university invoices and payments drafts, income tax certificate stating that she never paid income tax as she never earned enough to qualify for income tax)

I have attached the form of questioners which department might ask your brother to fill. if you need detailed info about the answers private message me.

Dependency Questionaire.pdf

Edited by joe911
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@joe911 and @VGill.

Welcome and thanks for the info Joe.

Congrats @joe911

I sure am glad to see some movement Roomies.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, joe911 said:

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Joe

Congratz Joe!!!! Very good news in a long time. 

• Thanks 1

Congrats Joe911 - what a relief it must be  - glad that at long last your family will be with you in OZ - best wishes

@ VGill - welcome  - i am sure all be fine  - another 6 to 8 months and they will be there.

@ Dirkz, thanks for all the information - much appreciated

@ Elza - well, you will be in OZ very soon - goodluck

• Thanks 2

@JTN 

Many Thanks!!!! The moment I saw the email visa granted on my cell, I burst into tears. It sure feels good now the stress is finally gone.

Again Thanks to all of you here, you guys have provided extremely valuable information.

On 3/22/2018 at 3:11 AM, joe911 said:

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Joe

@joe911 Well done.Now for a great start of the rest of your mothers and your sisters life in a great Country.:D

Thank you very much for sharing your timeline with us.Every bit of info (especially actual experience) is very valuable.

• Thanks 1

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 20 April 2015.

• Like 1