Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Hello all, I am new here.

Visa lodgement date 8/5/2015. But until now I havent recieved any updates from the depsrtment yet. Not even notification to prepare police check and health check.

I lodeged 103 then changed ton143 last year. Not sure would that be a reason...

• Like 1

Welcome @vc93

You will hear from them soon I am sure. 

No, I don't think switching visas would have made a difference. If I remember correctly, Immigration actually encouraged folks to do the switch. They did say that if people switched, that they would not "lose" their time already spent in the queue.  I quote : "Note that if switching from a 103 to a 173 or 143 visa your original application lodgement date will be taken into account for your new application thus ensuring that you are not disadvantaged"

Good luck.

I hope you hear from Immi soon.

My son finally got back to Perth after his Africa business trip, and the AoS letter was in his mail box, dated 26 February.  So we have paid our AoS payment!! One more payment to go and then i can book my flight ticket!! So exited, Not long now...... +/- 6 weeks!!!!

• Like 4

@Elza very exciting indeed!

my sister received a call last week requesting additional AOS information. They noted that the call was the interview and once my sister had submitted the outstanding docs, she would post out the letter to take to Com Bank. Expecting this to be done Monday. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Elza  excellent news :)  May the time fly until your visa is granted.

@data  I'm pleased your process is going smoothly - good luck!

• Thanks 1

@Elzaa and @data.

Great news! So happy for you. Keep the good news flowing peeps.

Great to see movement again with the processing.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Elza said:

My son finally got back to Perth after his Africa business trip, and the AoS letter was in his mail box, dated 26 February.  So we have paid our AoS payment!! One more payment to go and then i can book my flight ticket!! So exited, Not long now...... +/- 6 weeks!!!!

@Elza~ I'm sure you'll get the request to pay 2nd VAC soon. 

I'm still waiting for the CO. ....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TinaH said:

@DGT ~ have u got the AOS done?

Nope.My Son-in Law paid Centrelink a visit again today. At least they could confirm that I am on their system B)

• Sad 2

Good news. Immi is presently assessing 16 April 2015

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)
We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 16 April 2015.

This is really slow progress ,however it must be this specific period of the year .

Last year they were also struggling ........

On 3 Feb 2017 they were on 19 Aug 2014

On 14 Mar 2017 they were on 21 Aug 2014  Therefore they progressed only 2 days  

This year 2018:

On 2 Feb 2018 they were on 9 April 2015

On 12 Mar 2018 they are on  16 Apr 2015 Therefore they progressed only 7 days.

The GOOD NEWS is that Last year they really took off after 14 March and done 32 days in the following 17 days!!!

Lets hold thumbs that this happens in 2018 too .Hold on to your seats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It seems that I'm able to get onto the forum again after being blocked out for a while. 

Welcome to all the newbies on the forum. There is a lot of info to clear things up a bit.

@DGT I'm sorry you lost some processing time with your AOS not being put on the system initially. We had a similar problem but as they say, "this too will pass"!

@Elza I sincerely hope your AOS processing will not be as time consuming as ours was. Holding thumbs for you.

The rest of the roomies, just be patient. With a waiting time of up to 39 months and  38500 applications in the pipeline, just be lucky that you can still get here. It's worth the wait! When we applied in Nov 2014, the waiting time was 18 months, but it changed to 33 months by the time we got our visa the end of August last year.

Read through the old posts to get an idea of the procedures so you can prepare yourself and not waste time.

Good luck 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DGT said:

Nope.My Son-in Law paid Centrelink a visit again today. At least they could confirm that I am on their system B)

Did they say how long you have to wait?

19 hours ago, DGT said:

Then you'll be expecting a telephone interview soon. Everything is so slow now. 

@ Elza and @ Data  -  great news - at long last, the waiting almost over. very happy for you. Soon you will be on flight out of here.

@ DGT - it is a matter of time now - we just have to be patient.

Any movement by the DIBP is welcome - slow but sure.

@Tina  - just a quick question  - if your AOS was paid in December 2017 and AOS approved on 8th January 2018 why have they not asked for the 2nd Vac payment especially if they assessing 16th April 2015 applicants.

Wishing all waiting in this forum all the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JTN said:

@ Elza and @ Data  -  great news - at long last, the waiting almost over. very happy for you. Soon you will be on flight out of here.

@ DGT - it is a matter of time now - we just have to be patient.

Any movement by the DIBP is welcome - slow but sure.

@Tina  - just a quick question  - if your AOS was paid in December 2017 and AOS approved on 8th January 2018 why have they not asked for the 2nd Vac payment especially if they assessing 16th April 2015 applicants.

Wishing all waiting in this forum all the best.

@JTN ~ they said assess up to 16th April 2015, didn't mean prior to that date all applications were assessed. 

There are some other people applied in March and still waiting for the contact from CO. So now all we can do is patient.T.T

On 23/02/2018 at 10:41 AM, TinaH said:

Hi guys,

I've updated the schedule. 

143 VISA TIMELINE SCHEDULED AS AT 13/03/2018

Name Date Lodged Meds etc req Meds done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS PAID AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Visa Granted😊 Destination
Ashmount Wednesday, October 1, 2014 25-Jan-17         May-17 14-Jun-17 03-Jul-17 13-Jul-17  
JaneandGraham Monday, October 20, 2014 01-Feb-17 20-Jun-16 01-Apr-17 08-Jun-16   12-Apr-17   31-May-17 02-Jun-17 Noosa
Dirkz Thursday, November 6, 2014 01-Apr-17 19-Apr-17 21-Apr-17 18-Apr-17   25-Aug-17 30-Jun-17 25-Aug-17 27-Aug-17 Brisbane
melbourne3000 Monday, December 22, 2014 08-Oct-17   23-Sep-17 08-Oct-17   26-Oct-17   08-Nov-17 14-Nov-17  
Elza Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11-Nov-17 14-Nov-17 13-Nov-17 06-Nov-17   26-Feb-18       Perth
Elna57 Wednesday, February 25, 2015 22-Nov-17 23-Nov-17 23-Nov-17 24-Nov-17 05-Jan-18       20-Feb-18 Brisbane
Marchhawker Wednesday, March 25, 2015 24-Nov-17   173 visa         18-Nov-17 19-Dec-17 Brisbane
TinaH Monday, April 13, 2015 10-Oct-17 01-Nov-17 06-Nov-17 01-Nov-17 Dec-17 08-Jan-18       Sydney
DGT Monday, April 20, 2015 12-Oct-17 15-Oct-17 13-Oct-17             Perth
data Saturday, May 9, 2015 12-Jan-18 25-Jan-18 18-Jan-18 01-Feb-18            
Viet Friday, June 12, 2015                   Perth
Onthemove Wednesday, June 24, 2015                   Melbourne
JTN Friday, July 10, 2015                   Melbourne
Nazmeen Monday, August 17, 2015                   Sydney
KevinLee Thursday, September 24, 2015                    
Tazzy Friday, October 9, 2015                    
JIG Sunday, November 1, 2015                   Gold Coast
gsb733 Sunday, November 1, 2015                    
Benoni 61 Friday, November 13, 2015                   Perth
Robyn2259 Friday, January 1, 2016                    
Jarryd13 Wednesday, June 1, 2016                   Brisbane
SueP Thursday, July 14, 2016                    
PatPar Tuesday, November 1, 2016                    
Bdupreez Tuesday, December 20, 2016                    

Edited by TinaH
  • Like 1

Hey Roomies 

Don't know if this will be of much help, but when we went into Centrelink to enquire about our AOS acceptance letter, the lady who assisted us told us that the letter should show up on my son's Mygov account. When I asked him to check whether it was there, we established that all his accounts on Mygov were not linked correctly and that was the reason why he could not access the info. 

Perhaps one's sponsor should check that all accounts are linked properly to their MyGov accounts  just in case? 

I really and truly do not know whether this will be of any help to anyone, but, in my case, it would have taken a LOT of stress out of the equation if I had known that everything was in order and that we had to just wait patiently for the 2nd VAC request. 

Also, I still do not know how one is able to tell whether one had been allocated a CO. We certainly never received any correspondence mentioning a CO or a name, Only difference we noticed, was that the emails came from PVC team 1.

Best of luck everyone! 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 9:12 PM, Dirkz said:

It seems that I'm able to get onto the forum again after being blocked out for a while. 

Welcome to all the newbies on the forum. There is a lot of info to clear things up a bit.

@DGT I'm sorry you lost some processing time with your AOS not being put on the system initially. We had a similar problem but as they say, "this too will pass"!

@Elza I sincerely hope your AOS processing will not be as time consuming as ours was. Holding thumbs for you.

The rest of the roomies, just be patient. With a waiting time of up to 39 months and  38500 applications in the pipeline, just be lucky that you can still get here. It's worth the wait! When we applied in Nov 2014, the waiting time was 18 months, but it changed to 33 months by the time we got our visa the end of August last year.

Read through the old posts to get an idea of the procedures so you can prepare yourself and not waste time.

Good luck 😊

Hi @Dirkz

Great to see you back!!  

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2018 at 9:57 AM, TinaH said:

@Elza~ I'm sure you'll get the request to pay 2nd VAC soon. 

I'm still waiting for the CO. ....

@TinaH  I have an idea that only once you start receiving any communication signed PVC Team 1, it means that you have a case officer.  No big announcement or anything formal to tell you that you have been assigned a CO., just the email signed PVC team 1 and some number which I presume is the CO's number. Very clinical hey?

• Like 1

Hi Roomies,

Latest update:

"OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 20 April 2015"

another 4 days progress !!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@TinaH  I have an idea that only once you start receiving any communication signed PVC Team 1, it means that you have a case officer.  No big announcement or anything formal to tell you that you have been assigned a CO., just the email signed PVC team 1 and some number which I presume is the CO's number. Very clinical hey?

Thanks Elna57. I assume when the application was allocated to an officer, it will say case officer's name and position number. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Hey Roomies 

Don't know if this will be of much help, but when we went into Centrelink to enquire about our AOS acceptance letter, the lady who assisted us told us that the letter should show up on my son's Mygov account. When I asked him to check whether it was there, we established that all his accounts on Mygov were not linked correctly and that was the reason why he could not access the info. 

Perhaps one's sponsor should check that all accounts are linked properly to their MyGov accounts  just in case? 

I really and truly do not know whether this will be of any help to anyone, but, in my case, it would have taken a LOT of stress out of the equation if I had known that everything was in order and that we had to just wait patiently for the 2nd VAC request. 

Also, I still do not know how one is able to tell whether one had been allocated a CO. We certainly never received any correspondence mentioning a CO or a name, Only difference we noticed, was that the emails came from PVC team 1.

Best of luck everyone! 

@Elna57 ~ what will the email look like when they contact you for 2nd VAC?

Edited by TinaH

@TinaH

The email comes from PVC team 1 and merely states that the process has reached the stage where a 2nd VAC is required and shows the amount payable with instructions regarding payment.

• Like 1