Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

5 hours ago, data said:

Hi, just an update on dates - 

Medicals - completed on 25 Jan 18

AOS - lodged 18 Jan 2018 (just the initial application - interview and payment pending)

Police clearance and form 80s - submitted1 Feb 18

Edit: updated AOS status.

Hi @data

Well done. It sure feels good to get this out of the way.:)

In my invitation letter I was requested to keep all the docs until I have them all in my possession and then to submit them all together. .

NEXT STEPS

-       Once medical examinations are complete the results will automatically be sent electronically from the clinic directly to us.

-       Please retain scanned copies of all requested documents and submit at the one time when they are all ready. The information will be stored on the visa record until assessment of the visa application takes place.  This will be our next contact with you.

-       If your application is assessed by a case officer before all of the documents are available please then submit the documents as they become available.

Was this paragraph also in your letter?

• Like 2

On 02/02/2018 at 4:30 PM, DGT said:

@Dirkz

Thanks very much for your continued support for helping us even though you are now a South African Settler:) in Aus.

I notice that you went for your medicals and Police clearance on 18 and 19 April 2017 and we know that they both expire after 1 year.

Could it be that our latest entry date is probably exactly one year after our medical and Police clearance. Basically we have to enter with a valid Medical and Police clearance.

I wonder whether we could redo the Police and Medicals should we run short of time or wish to extend our stay in SA?

You are actually correct DGT, you can not enter Australia on your new PR visa if your Police Clearance is not still valid.

Which means that you have one year to activate your PR visa from the date your Police Clearance was done.

In my case we renewed our PC just before we actually got asked to submit it and do the medicals, etc. So it would have expired in April 2018. That's probably why our visa stated that we must not enter after that date for the first time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DGT said:

Was this paragraph also in your letter?

@DGT yes it was. That's why we submitted all forms and PCCs on the same day. @Elna57 has this as her pt 5 which is spot on.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, data said:

@DGT yes it was. That's why we submitted all forms and PCCs on the same day. @Elna57 has this as her pt 5 which is spot on.

@data Thanks for the info.

I misunderstood the instruction in the invitation letter. I was under the impression that the AOS approval letter was also part of the docs that were to be included in one email with the  PC and Form 80.

I therefore ,wrongly, kept the PC and Form 80 back until I eventually  receive the AOS approval letter.

You have now alerted me to the section in the attachment that we received in the Invitation letter that clearly shows that you are correct.

Page two of the attachment:

"Advising DIBP of the Assurance of Support outcome

Department of Human Services (Centrelink) will provide advice of the outcome of the AoS assessment directly to DIBP and the proposed assurer/s.  Evidence of the outcome of the AoS assessment from a party other than Department of Human Services (Centrelink) will not be accepted by DIBP. "

Thanks for pointing out my error. I shall immediately get my agent to forward the PC and Form80 of to DIBP.!!

By the way My AOS was initiated on 13 Oct 2016 and still no news.:(

• Like 1

@DGT Thank you,. It has been so long that most of us have forgotten half the process already. :lol:

The process in a nutshell   (factor in what is explained in the quote above, ie. what we believe was the "old system" and then there is the 'new" system. We are not sure about the cut off date, but I suspect it was about end of Feb 2015.) 

1. Application form 47PA completed and sent to Department Of Home Affairs Australia with all supporting documents.

2. Pay first Visa Application charge (non refundable) receipt of which will be sent a couple of days to weeks later.

3. You will receive an Acknowledgement letter confirming that your application was received with the date on which it was received by Home Affairs. This will be your lodgement date.

Then you will have to sit back, relax and wait and wait and wait some more :lol: for about 3 years

4.You will receive a letter from Dept of Home Affairs Australia 'inviting you to start preparing additional forms (80), go for medical examination and get police clearance and for your sponsor to apply for Assurance of support at Centrelink. The medicals and assurance of support can ONLY be done once you have a HAP number which you will get with this request.

5.Medicals will be uploaded online by the medical professional, you email the completed and signed form 80 as a REPLY to the request for those and attach a copy of your police clearance certificate as well.

6. Your sponsor will at the same time apply at Centrelink to be an Assurer  (Sponsor)

7. Your assurer will be contacted by Centrelink for a telephonic interview explaining exactly what a sponsor's responsibilities are and will probably get advised that the sponsor can fetch letter from Centrelink to take to Commonwealth Bank in order to obtain a Bond  for the Assurance of Support amount.

8. Sponsor goes to Commonwealth bank, pay the AOS bond and gets a receipt (Proof of payment)

9. Your sponsor needs to take the proof of payment letter back to Centrelink and the system will be updated 

10. Centrelink will send your sponsor a letter confirming AOS  approval and they will advise Dept of Home Affairs. If sponsor receives an email before the letter arrives, they may email to Dept of Home Affairs

11. You will receive an e-mail requesting the second visa application fees

12. Once you have paid the second VAC you will be granted the 143 Contributory Parent PR visa.

13. You may now enter Australia as a permanent resident and live happily ever after.

On 2/3/2018 at 3:23 PM, data said:

Indeed. It was only the initial application. Interview and payment are still pending.

@data

Where in Aus are you situated please?

I am trying to see whether different Centrelink Offices process AOS faster than others.

TIA

15 hours ago, data said:

@Elna57 we lodged in Sydney (Bondi Junction).

Thanks @data. Ours was done in Brisbane, Fortitude Valley.

So wishing to see ANY news. Nothing is happening Roomies. 

@Elza How are you doing? Missing our chats. Drop me an e-mail please bud?.

4 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Thanks @data. Ours was done in Brisbane, Fortitude Valley.

So wishing to see ANY news. Nothing is happening Roomies. 

@Elza How are you doing? Missing our chats. Drop me an e-mail please bud?.

@Elna57 ~  after you paid the AOS bond money, it should have approved within 1-2 weeks time. How many weeks have you been waiting already? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TinaH said:

@Elna57 ~  after you paid the AOS bond money, it should have approved within 1-2 weeks time. How many weeks have you been waiting already? 

@TinaH AOS paid and bond receipt handed in on same day 5th January 2018.  More than 4 weeks ago.

@Elna57 I've heard nothing..... today is 12 weeks since we handed in the AoS. We have called to check and have been told to be patient and nothings wrong. I am so dispondant right now so please forgive me everyone here but I'm going to sign out of this site for now. I end up more confused and anxious when I read about different time frames etc. It seems like nobody else in the room has had to wait as long as me for the AoS..?????

I need to just stop and climb off this  for a moment and just re-group again....

• Sad 1

@Elza. Respect your wish but still feeling sad.

We are all in the same boat.  Keep well buddy.

Roomies.

This is too much. Haven't heard of ANYONE who got their Visa grant yet this year.

Anyone else perhaps heard anything to the contrary?

Should I go to Centrelink???

It has been 11 weeks since AOS submitted.:rolleyes:

On 2/1/2018 at 3:46 AM, Elna57 said:
Name Date Lodged Meds etc req Meds done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS PAID AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted😊 Destination
Ashmount 1 Oct2014 25Jan2017         May2017 14Jun2017 3 Jul2017 13Jul2017  
JaneandGraham 20Oct2014 1 Feb 2017 20Jun2016 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16   12 Apr 17   31May2017 2 Jun 2017 Noosa
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr2017   25 Aug 2017 30 Jun 2017 25 Aug 2017 27 Aug2017 Brisbane
melbourne3000 22Dec2014 8 Oct 2017   23 Sep 2017 8 Oct 2017   26 Oct 2017   8 Nov 2017 14 Nov2017  
Elza  10Feb2015 11 Nov 2017 14 Nov 2017 13 Nov 2017 6 Nov 2017           Perth
Elna57 25 Feb 2015 22Nov2017 23Nov2017 23Nov2017 24Nov2017 5Jan2018         Brisbane
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015 24 Nov 2017   173 visa         18 Nov 2017 19 Dec2017 Brisbane
TinaH 13 April 2015 10 Oct 2017 1 Nov 2017 6 Nov 2017 Nov 2017 Dec 2017 Jan 2018       Sydney
DGT 20 April2015 12 Oct 2017 15 Oct 2017 13 Oct 2017             Perth
data 9 May 2015 12 Jan 2018                  
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                   Melbourne
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                   Melbourne
JTN 10 Jul 2015                   Melbourne
Nazmeen 17 Aug 2015                   Sydney
KevinLee 24 Sep 2015                    
Tazzy 9 Oct 2015                    
JIG 1 Nov 2015                   Gold Coast
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                   Perth
gsb733 Nov 2015                    
Robyn2259 Jan 2016                    
Jarryd13 Jun 2016                   Brisbane
PatPar Nov 2016                    
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016                    

@Elna57 ~ the AOS paid date was in Dec 2017 not Nov 2017. I believe this is extra column added?

• Thanks 1

Good day to all Roomies.

After much deliberation and careful consideration, I have decided not to keep the Process sheet going. 

If anyone feels like updating it themselves, they are most welcome to copy and paste but I will no longer be "responsible" for any information published therein.

Thank you all for your co-operation and support.

Speedy visas to all!!

• Sad 3

Thanks Elna for all the support and help in this discussion. @Elna57  xoxo

Everyone can update their part themselves. If anyone needs help, please let me know. I'll do the update for you. 

Good luck everyone. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Good day to all Roomies.

After much deliberation and careful consideration, I have decided not to keep the Process sheet going. 

If anyone feels like updating it themselves, they are most welcome to copy and paste but I will no longer be "responsible" for any information published therein.

Thank you all for your co-operation and support.

Speedy visas to all!!

@Elna57  a well deserved rest. Farewell good friend, may your future be blessed, happy and content. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Onthemove @JIG and Roomies.

No no no. I am not going anywhere!! It is just the sheet that I won't be keeping anymore.

I am still here waiting with all of you. Sorry but I am stuck like everybody else.

Wish I did have some good news. 

In the meantime... keep those posts and updates rolling... we need each other and the newbies will need all the info they could possibly find because the whole process is changing, it would appear.

I have heard rumours that some of the May 2015 applicants have been contacted and their AOS process is different from what we were used to. Apparently the sponsor can now apply online.

Whether it is true or not, I do not know for sure. Guess we will know soon when some of our own roomies get their request for medicals etc.

• Thanks 1

@data

Your parents' application 8 May 2015. Were you asked to do your Assurance of Support application online or at Centrelink offices?

Thanks.

12 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@Onthemove @JIG and Roomies.

No no no. I am not going anywhere!! It is just the sheet that I won't be keeping anymore.

I am still here waiting with all of you. Sorry but I am stuck like everybody else.

Wish I did have some good news. 

In the meantime... keep those posts and updates rolling... we need each other and the newbies will need all the info they could possibly find because the whole process is changing, it would appear.

I have heard rumours that some of the May 2015 applicants have been contacted and their AOS process is different from what we were used to. Apparently the sponsor can now apply online.

Whether it is true or not, I do not know for sure. Guess we will know soon when some of our own roomies get their request for medicals etc.

@data ~  Is your AOS process the same with us?

@Elna57 ~ I think it should be the same?  From what I know, I don't think the sponsor can apply online coz Centerlink needs to check the sponsor ID and eligibility in person. 

Hi Roomies,....sadly we wish to advise that we have withdrawn our application.We know we have come so far - however, we wish everyone well, and all the best for their futures in Australia. Please can we be removed from the schedule.

Speedy visas to you all!   Regards    Nannandbaz

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nannandbaz said:

Hi Roomies,....sadly we wish to advise that we have withdrawn our application.We know we have come so far - however, we wish everyone well, and all the best for their futures in Australia. Please can we be removed from the schedule.

Speedy visas to you all!   Regards    Nannandbaz

@Nannandbaz   sad indeed loosing my running mates :cry:only one day apart for lodgement date.  I wish you God speed for the future - stay safe.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@data

Your parents' application 8 May 2015. Were you asked to do your Assurance of Support application online or at Centrelink offices?

Thanks.

@Elna57 It didn’t really specify. It just said to provide the letter to Centrelink. This was done in person and not online. 

7 hours ago, TinaH said:

@data ~  Is your AOS process the same with us?

@TinaH it appears to be.

@Nannandbaz wishing you all the best. 

• Thanks 1