Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

8 hours ago, TinaH said:

I notice that @Data was not updated - refer his post on the 14th January - his folks received the email from DIBP requesting further documents etc.

By the way my destination is Melbourne.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KevinLee said:

@Onthemove and @Nannandbaz, have you received the invitation from DIBP to supply additional doco yet?

@KevinLee

I have a friend who has not joined our thread who applied in middle May 2015 who has received her invite to do medicals etc.

Also found someone on Facebook who applied in Mid Feb 2015 who got their AOS letter of approval on 6 Jan 2018 after paying AOS bond in Dec 2017.

Hope this helps.

I find the whole process very confusing and inconsistent right now but what the heck, as long as we get there eventually, right?

On 1/26/2018 at 3:19 PM, JIG said:

Happy Australia Day to all. Please can someone help with change of address and change of address for sponsor forms.

I also asked if anyone knows if one needs a unabridged marriage certificate. Home affairs cant supply me with one have applied

twice. 

@JIG

Sorry about the delay in the reply.

Change of address form for applicant(s) as well as sponsor is form 929. https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Forms/Documents/929.pdf

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TinaH said:

@Elza Maybe you should call Centerlink or visit their office to find out? It's long waiting so you make sure  you come when they just open.

@TinaH

Did you get your AOS approval letter by snail mail or e-mail please? 

On 1/19/2018 at 11:56 PM, Onthemove said:

@Elna57   :lol:  apology not required .... travel safely and happy landings.  Farewell :cry:

@Onthemove

Not leaving my roomies yet. Still waiting for AOS letter of Approval.  But will still be around just like @Dirkz who still takes the time to help us all out with advice and kind support even though they have gotten their PR what feels like AGES ago already. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2018 at 7:05 PM, Marchhawker said:

Hello everyone! 

Australia life is treating us very well. Still feels like we are just on holiday! 

It was just on the news that Centrelink have just employed 200 new staff.... I hope this helps with the AOS! 

Thanks for the info @Marchhawker.  And yes, isn't it just amazing how time flies in Aus? Why are the days so short here? :lol:

On 1/21/2018 at 6:44 PM, DGT said:

@data

I am quite certain that you are also on the "new System" That is really good news .:)

For the sake of those who are after us on @Elna57 list,I truly hope that all of them will also fall under this system.

To Clarify, for the sake of those behind us on Elna57's List,:

The new system takes away a serious amount of stress. It is allows one much more time to prepare the various docs that will be required when we are eventually contacted by our Case Officer.

1)Basically nobody can go for medicals without first receiving a HAP Number. You need the Number to get an appointment by the doctor.

2) Nobody can go to CentreLink to initiate the AOS application without the letter from PVC.

Now suddenly we are given both the letter as well as the HAP number far in advance. What a pleasure.!!

It is important to note that we will not necessarily be Assessed earlier by our CO. It only gives us more time than before  to prepare all the docs and to do the various tests.

A very big advantage also is that we can now initiate the AOS application long before our CO is appointed.(probably 2 to 4 months earlier than on the old system)

For those who don't know:  CentreLink  is an independent Government body (similar to SARS in SA) that has to approve the AOS .(Approval of Support) They are overloaded and generally take a few months to attend to our applications., which results in long delays for the actual Visa to be granted. Now suddenly we don't mind as much because our Assessment date is still a few months away anyway.

Roomies, if you could all please help with this and add/edit/correct the following for any newbies:

The process in a nutshell   (factor in what is explained in the quote above, ie. what we believe was the "old system" and then there is the 'new" system. We are not sure about the cut off date, but I suspect it was about end of Feb 2015.) 

1. Application form 47PA completed and sent to Department Of Home Affairs Australia with all supporting documents.

2. Pay first Visa Application charge (non refundable) receipt of which will be sent a couple of days to weeks later.

3. Wait and wait and wait some more :lol: for about 3 years

4.You will receive a letter from Dept of Home Affairs Australia 'inviting you to start preparing additional forms (80), go for medical examination and get police clearance and for your sponsor to apply for Assurance of support at Centrelink. The medicals and assurance of support can ONLY be done once you have a HAP number which you will get with this request.

5.Medicals will be uploaded online by the medical professional, you email the completed and signed form 80 as a REPLY to the request for those and attach a copy of your police clearance certificate as well.

6. Your sponsor will at the same time apply at Centrelink to be an Assurer  (Sponsor)

7. Your assurer will be contacted by Centrelink for a telephonic interview explaining exactly what a sponsor's responsibilities are and will probably get advised that the sponsor can fetch letter from Centrelink to take to Commonwealth Bank in order to obtain a Bond  for the Assurance of Support amount.

8. Sponsor goes to Commonwealth bank, pay the AOS bond and gets a receipt (Proof of payment)

9. Your sponsor needs to take the proof of payment letter back to Centrelink and the system will be updated 

10. Centrelink will send your sponsor a letter confirming AOS  approval and they will advise Dept of Home Affairs. If sponsor receives an email before the letter arrives, they may email to Dept of Home Affairs

11. You will receive an e-mail requesting the second visa application fees

12. Once you have paid the second VAC you will be granted the 143 Contributory Parent PR visa.

13. You may now enter Australia as a permanent resident and live happily ever after.

Right folks. Here we go. Any suggestions, changes? We will need to update the latest changes as we go along, but for now, the basic steps. Did I leave anything out? 

Edited by Elna57

Name Date Lodged Meds etc req Meds done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS PAID AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted😊 Destination
Ashmount 1 Oct2014 25Jan2017         May2017 14Jun2017 3 Jul2017 13Jul2017  
JaneandGraham 20Oct2014 1 Feb 2017 20Jun2016 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16   12 Apr 17   31May2017 2 Jun 2017 Noosa
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr2017   25 Aug 2017 30 Jun 2017 25 Aug 2017 27 Aug2017 Brisbane
melbourne3000 22Dec2014 8 Oct 2017   23 Sep 2017 8 Oct 2017   26 Oct 2017   8 Nov 2017 14 Nov2017  
Elza  10Feb2015 11 Nov 2017 14 Nov 2017 13 Nov 2017 6 Nov 2017           Perth
Elna57 25 Feb 2015 22Nov2017 23Nov2017 23Nov2017 24Nov2017 5Jan2018         Brisbane
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015 24 Nov 2017   173 visa         18 Nov 2017 19 Dec2017 Brisbane
TinaH 13 April 2015 10 Oct 2017 1 Nov 2017 6 Nov 2017 Nov 2017 Nov 2017 Jan 2018       Sydney
DGT 20 April2015 12 Oct 2017 15 Oct 2017 13 Oct 2017             Perth
data 9 May 2015 12 Jan 2018                  
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                   Melbourne
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                   Melbourne
JTN 10 Jul 2015                   Melbourne
Nazmeen 17 Aug 2015                   Sydney
KevinLee 24 Sep 2015                    
Tazzy 9 Oct 2015                    
JIG 1 Nov 2015                   Gold Coast
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                   Perth
gsb733 Nov 2015                    
Robyn2259 Jan 2016                    
Jarryd13 Jun 2016                   Brisbane
PatPar Nov 2016                    
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016                    
Edited by Elna57
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@TinaH

Did you get your AOS approval letter by snail mail or e-mail please? 

They sent to my centerlink online account, no post or email. Starting from this week, it'll be MyGov account coz Centerlink online account will be linked to MyGov. @Elna57

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinaH said:

Processing date 9th April 2015 guys :cowboy::cowboy:

@TinaH   Woohoo :D  they are motoring 

• Like 2

On 31.1.2018 at 5:03 PM, Elna57 said:

@Onthemove

Not leaving my roomies yet. Still waiting for AOS letter of Approval.  But will still be around just like @Dirkz who still takes the time to help us

@Elna57  comforting news indeed and very much appreciated. -  you take good care of yourself ! :yourock:

• Like 1

Guys, just want to ask how long do we have to come to Australia after visa granted? Coz we'll need to do a lot of things such as selling our house, disconnect all services including telephone water electricity....

• Like 1

On 12/19/2017 at 7:52 PM, Marchhawker said:

VISA GRANTED!!! 

@Marchhawker ~ after the visa granted, how many days they give you to fly to Australia? 

For example, they are giving you 28 days to arrive in Australia from the date visa granted or you can come whenever you want after the visa granted?

• Like 1

@TinaH

To answer your question, I just had a look at my Visa Grant Letter.

Our visa was granted on 25 August 2017 and it states that Initial arrival must be made by 3 April 2018. 

It also states Last Date to Arrive as 25 Aug 2022 ( I presume that is to settle).

So you have about 7 months to sort everything out before you must enter on your PR visa

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dirkz said:

@TinaH

Our visa was granted on 25 August 2017 and it states that Initial arrival must be made by 3 April 2018. 

It also states Last Date to Arrive as 25 Aug 2022 ( I presume that is to settle).

So you have about 7 months to sort everything out before you must enter on your PR visa

@Dirkz

Thanks very much for your continued support for helping us even though you are now a South African Settler:) in Aus.

I notice that you went for your medicals and Police clearance on 18 and 19 April 2017 and we know that they both expire after 1 year.

Could it be that our latest entry date is probably exactly one year after our medical and Police clearance. Basically we have to enter with a valid Medical and Police clearance.

I wonder whether we could redo the Police and Medicals should we run short of time or wish to extend our stay in SA?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirkz said:

@TinaH

@Dirkz That's the answer I wanted. Thank you very much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirkz said:

@TinaH

From what I know, PR is valid for 5 years, that's why they said last date to arrive as 25 Aug 2022.

For example, If we are oversea after this date and want to come back Australia, we'll have to apply for Australian Resident Return Visa unless we become citizen prior than that. Every Permanent Resident Visa is only valid for 5 years.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:26 PM, Elna57 said:

Roomies, if you could all please help with this and add/edit/correct the following for any newbies:

The process in a nutshell   (factor in what is explained in the quote above, ie. what we believe was the "old system" and then there is the 'new" system. We are not sure about the cut off date, but I suspect it was about end of Feb 2015.) 

1. Application form 47PA completed and sent to Department Of Home Affairs Australia with all supporting documents.

2. Pay first Visa Application charge (non refundable)

3. Wait and wait and wait some more :lol: for about 3 years

4.You will receive a letter from Dept of Home Affairs Australia 'inviting you to start preparing additional forms (80), go for medical examination and get police clearance and for your sponsor to apply for Assurance of support at Centrelink. The medicals and assurance of support can ONLY be done once you have a HAP number which you will get with this request.

5.Medicals will be uploaded online by the medical professional, you email the completed and signed form 80 as a REPLY to the request for those and attach a copy of your police clearance certificate as well.

6. Your sponsor will at the same time apply at Centrelink to be an Assurer  (Sponsor)

7. Your assurer will be contacted by Centrelink for a telephonic interview explaining exactly what a sponsor's responsibilities are and will probably get advised that the sponsor can fetch letter from Centrelink to take to Commonwealth Bank in order to obtain a Bond  for the Assurance of Support amount.

8. Sponsor goes to Commonwealth bank, pay the AOS bond and gets a receipt (Proof of payment)

9. Your sponsor needs to take the proof of payment letter back to Centrelink and the system will be updated 

10. Centrelink will send your sponsor a letter confirming AOS  approval and they will advise Dept of Home Affairs. If sponsor receives an email before the letter arrives, they may email to Dept of Home Affairs

11. You will receive an e-mail requesting the second visa application fees

12. Once you have paid the second VAC you will be granted the 143 Contributory Parent PR visa.

13. You may now enter Australia as a permanent resident and live happily ever after.

Right folks. Here we go. Any suggestions, changes? We will need to update the latest changes as we go along, but for now, the basic steps. Did I leave anything out? 

@Elna57

Well summarized Elna. In the beginning I really found Orphan's summaries very helpful, but things have changed and will certainly change again. Thanks for bringing us up to scratch.

Thanks also to @Dirkzfor all his valuable  summaries of various issues that we encountered during our time in the waiting room.

May I  suggest that, at your POINT 3, you include  that applicants should be on the lookout for the Acknowledgement letter?

• Like 1

Hi, just an update on dates - 

Medicals - completed on 25 Jan 18

AOS - lodged 18 Jan 2018 (just the initial application - interview and payment pending)

Police clearance and form 80s - submitted1 Feb 18

Edit: updated AOS status.

Edited by data

@data nice going! Be interesting to see how long it’ll take for your AOS approval. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onthemove said:

@data nice going! Be interesting to see how long it’ll take for your AOS approval. 

Indeed. It was only the initial application. Interview and payment are still pending.

• Like 1