Elna57

@Elza

No news yet buddy?

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Elna57 said:

@TinaH

Sadly not much to update.

All Roomies

We are sitting at OR Tambo waiting for our flight out of South Africa tonight. It has been very difficult saying goodbye to family and friends and Kitty Cat. She will only be flying out on 30th January. We have decided to put our furniture in storage and go on our 3 month holiday visa.

Looks like we will be seeing Thailand or Fiji even though it was never part of the plan.

It is all very exciting and we can only pray that everything will go well.

Aos been paid but approval letter not yet received. It is quite frustrating.

I would like to thank all the Roomies once again for all your support. We could not have come this far without this forum.

@Elna57  good luck for the  new chapter in your lives.  God speed!  Thank you for your support in each and every way. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you @Benoni61 and  @Onthemove

So sorry we could not do a meet up in Jhb but it was a hectic time here. Us Durbanites really suffered badly in your traffic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elna57 said:

Thank you @Benoni61 and  @Onthemove

So sorry we could not do a meet up in Jhb but it was a hectic time here. Us Durbanites really suffered badly in your traffic.

@Elna57   :lol:  apology not required .... travel safely and happy landings.  Farewell :cry:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@Elza

No news yet buddy?

@Elna57..... Wow! Lucky fish!!  Such wonderful news that you guys are on your way! I am wishing you the best of luck and safe travels for you guys  and your little kitty cat!!

We have no news at all from our side, no phone call, no request for payment, nothing! 

I pray all is okay, I have to admit I'm really stressed!! It's like the world stopped spinning for me!!

I will let you all know as soon as I hear anything!!

I hope we have a time in the future to meet, have a little coffee and chat of our journeys!

ALL THE BEST DEAR FRIEND!!:ilikeit::rolleyes::ilikeit:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@TinaH

All Roomies

We are sitting at OR Tambo waiting for our flight out of South Africa tonight. It has been very difficult saying goodbye to family and friends and Kitty Cat. She will only be flying out on 30th January. We have decided to put our furniture in storage and go on our 3 month holiday visa.

Looks like we will be seeing Thailand or Fiji even though it was never part of the plan.

I would like to thank all the Roomies once again for all your support. We could not have come this far without this forum.

Good luck and safe travels. 

Today I did the first update email in a while and it's only on the 19 March. 

Wishing everyone waiting a speedy AOS approval :) 

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:12 AM, TinaH said:

@KevinLee yes it's been approved. I've just come back from holiday and got a letter advised the AOS has been accepted.

How come the processing time is still 12 March 2015. It's been 2 weeks already. 

@TinaH

Is this the first communication from Centrelink since you submitted your AOS application on 6 Nov 2017 ?

Was there no phone call to your son at all? Simply the approval letter?

If only a letter: Was the letter sent to you or your agent.?

20 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@TinaH

All Roomies

@Elna57

I hope your AOS approval letter comes through soon so that you can get this thing behind you!

I think that I will be in the same boat as you soon.

We are still in Perth on our 3 month holiday Visa and are due to go back to SA next week (been her nearly 3 months and Visa only allows 3 months per visit)

.I intend putting our house in the market,doing all the various Telkom,MTN,Bank issues etc that @Dirkzadvised us about  and then simply going back to Perth on the holiday Visa again.....while waiting for the AOS,Case officer  and eventually the VISA.

The medical was probably the only thing that could have failed any of us.Since that is over and done with, there is no point in stressing about the AOS any longer.

As you say :Thailand or Fidji "Here we come"

To those in the waiting room I can just say,"Hang in there." It is definitely worth the wait. Australia  is an Awesome Country to live in .!!! We are so fortunate that we are able to spend the rest of  our lives is such a place...not to mention being near to our children and grandchildren.

The TV news is BORING.!!!  (very, very little Violence. to report there......)

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, data said:

Hi All, 

On 12 Jan 18 my folks received their email advising that they can submit remaining documents and do medicals.

Will advise other dates in due course.

@data

Please can you advise whether the first paragraph of their letter was similar to the one  below that I received.:

"Your parent visa application is not yet assigned for assessment by a case officer

However, we are offering the opportunity for clients to commence preparing some of the required documents and checks ahead of assessment in order to streamline the processing of their application.

Applicants should be aware that the requesting of these documents and checks does not imply that the primary criteria have been assessed and are met."

I am trying to establish whether your folks are also on the "new system" as they are just after me on @Elna57 list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DGT said:

@TinaH

Is this the first communication from Centrelink since you submitted your AOS application on 6 Nov 2017 ?

@DGT @Elna57 @TinaH  @Marchhawker @Onthemove  So difficult to try an work out a sort of pattern with the process steps.... Tina submitted their application months after I did in 2015, was requested AoS  a week before me and has had approval with no call...... Perhaps different processes at different offices??

Before I go totally insane, Is there anyone out there who can help me understand all this?? I have been waiting for my AoS for 10 months now!!

Edited by Elza
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Elza said:

@DGT @Elna57 @TinaH  @Marchhawker @Onthemove  So difficult to try an work out a sort of pattern with the process steps.... Tina submitted their application months after I did in 2015, was requested AoS  a week before me and has had approval with no call...... Perhaps different processes at different offices??

Before I go totally insane, Is there anyone out there who can help me understand all this?? I have been waiting for my AoS for 10 months now!!

I think you should contact them and make sure everything is going okay. They really won't mind. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elza said:

@Elza

Please don't let this AOS thing get to you.Remember that it is quite possible that @TinaH is also on the "new system"hence her request for docs before you. This does not mean that she will be assessed before you.. Same with me. I am definitely on the "new system".I probably wont be assed before March /April  even though my AOS approval is (hopefully) imminent.(Submitted 13 Oct 2017)

I assume you made a typo error with the 10 Months that you have been waiting for your AOS?:)  I got it as two and a bit months? (13 Nov 2017) Also remember that they were most probably either closed or on skeleton staff over the Xmas period. Don't be dismayed. I submitted my application exactly 1 month prior to you.  Apparently 8 (normal) weeks is not extraordinary for them to perform.

I understand that you have already enquired a while back? Furthermore we are specifically requested not to enquire too much at Centrelink as it slows them down ,according to PVC.

At this moment we are  in Centrelinks hands.We may as well just try to relax and let it happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Elza said:

@Elza @DGT  I have not, as yet, received the letter of invitation to commence preparing some of the required documents and checks ahead of assessment but am waiting in an-ti-ci-pa-tion for it to arrive ;)   Thought I might just go ahead with the Police Clearance around mid-Feb ?!    @data you're just some 6+ weeks before me, and with a bit of Irish luck, using the same time difference, I might just receive this all power motivator towards the end of February. :huh::unsure:

Sent 2 test messages to PVC yesterday, never got a reply to either;  seems they're sitting on 19th March 2015 since the last week Friday (12/1).  Fingers crossed next week will show a big jump forward :)

• Like 1

@DGT....... yes yes! Not months!!! Weeks!!!:D:blush-anim-cl::oops:

assume you made a typo error with the 10 Months that you have been waiting for your AOS?:) 

• Like 1

@DGT

Thank you! Yes it's weeks, Monday coming will be 10 weeks ...... Yes I  did ask them to check everything was in order on 8 weeks. The enquiry actually  coincided with an sms my son received a little while before saying all our docs were in, so the check was based on the response to the sms.  Wonderful lady who helped said it was uploaded in a different way and not the norm, however she corrected it and said they still would have seen it. She also said she could see a case officer had not yet been assigned yet...... 

Gosh, thank you for your reply,  I do feel better after reading  it.....  I  need to just relax and take it easy, and like you say let it happen.....:whome:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DGT said:

@data

Please can you advise whether the first paragraph of their letter was similar to the one  below that I received.:

"Your parent visa application is not yet assigned for assessment by a case officer

However, we are offering the opportunity for clients to commence preparing some of the required documents and checks ahead of assessment in order to streamline the processing of their application.

Applicants should be aware that the requesting of these documents and checks does not imply that the primary criteria have been assessed and are met."

I am trying to establish whether your folks are also on the "new system" as they are just after me on @Elna57 list.

@DGT

Their letter was exactly the same.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, data said:

The letter was exactly the same.

@data

I am quite certain that you are also on the "new System" That is really good news .:)

For the sake of those who are after us on @Elna57 list,I truly hope that all of them will also fall under this system.

To Clarify, for the sake of those behind us on Elna57's List,:

The new system takes away a serious amount of stress. It is allows one much more time to prepare the various docs that will be required when we are eventually contacted by our Case Officer.

1)Basically nobody can go for medicals without first receiving a HAP Number. You need the Number to get an appointment by the doctor.

2) Nobody can go to CentreLink to initiate the AOS application without the letter from PVC.

Now suddenly we are given both the letter as well as the HAP number far in advance. What a pleasure.!!

It is important to note that we will not necessarily be Assessed earlier by our CO. It only gives us more time than before  to prepare all the docs and to do the various tests.

A very big advantage also is that we can now initiate the AOS application long before our CO is appointed.(probably 2 to 4 months earlier than on the old system)

For those who don't know:  CentreLink  is an independent Government body (similar to SARS in SA) that has to approve the AOS .(Approval of Support) They are overloaded and generally take a few months to attend to our applications., which results in long delays for the actual Visa to be granted. Now suddenly we don't mind as much because our Assessment date is still a few months away anyway.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2018 at 5:43 PM, DGT said:

@TinaH

@DGT there was a short phone call from Centerlink to explain the responsibility for the sponsor under AOS. After that they posted out the letter for bond requested.. I went to Centerlink, asked for the copy of letter coz I couldn't wait for the post. I brought the letter straight to CBA and paid the bond amount. I went back to Centerlink the next day to submit my bond receipt letter. Then I went holiday, came back checked My Centerlink online account, I found the letter of approval. I didn't receive hard copy of the approval letter in the mail box. 

Sorry I only have time now to sit down and write this whole story to share with everyone. Anyways, long story short the total process took me around 7-8 weeks. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:46 PM, Onthemove said:

@Elza @DGT  I have not, as yet, received the letter of invitation to commence preparing some of the required documents and checks ahead of assessment but am waiting in an-ti-ci-pa-tion for it to arrive ;)   Thought I might just go ahead with the Police Clearance around mid-Feb ?!    @data you're just some 6+ weeks before me, and with a bit of Irish luck, using the same time difference, I might just receive this all power motivator towards the end of February. :huh::unsure:

Sent 2 test messages to PVC yesterday, never got a reply to either;  seems they're sitting on 19th March 2015 since the last week Friday (12/1).  Fingers crossed next week will show a big jump forward :)

@Onthemove

I agree with you.I really trust that you also will be on the new system and get your invitation letter  with the HAP number and AOS letter, soon.

Probably be OK to do your Police Clearance mid Feb this year.

If you have not done your Form80 yet,I would suggest that you also get that done now while you are still reaxed:)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TinaH said:

@DGT there was a short phone call from Centerlink to explain the responsibility for the sponsor under AOS. After that they posted out the letter for bond requested.. I went to Centerlink, asked for the copy of letter coz I couldn't wait for the post. I brought the letter straight to CBA and paid the bond amount. I went back to Centerlink the next day to submit my bond receipt letter. Then I went holiday, came back checked My Centerlink online account, I found the letter of approval. I didn't receive hard copy of the approval letter in the mail box. 

Sorry I only have time now to sit down and write this whole story to share with everyone. Anyways, long story short the total process took me around 7-8 weeks. 

@TinaH

Thank you so much for this info.It really helps us a tremendous amount.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2018 at 11:48 PM, data said:

@DGT

Their letter was exactly the same.

@Data and @DGT - please advise if the email letter from DIBP attached a separate letter to take to Centerlink for the AOS or does one just take the email letter to Centerlink. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JTN said:

@Data and @DGT - please advise if the email letter from DIBP attached a separate letter to take to Centerlink for the AOS or does one just take the email letter to Centerlink. 

@JTN

DiBP sent the letter in an attachment. We printed out the attachment and gave it to CenterLink.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JTN said:

They also sent a separate attachment with our HAP details etc which has to be given to the Doctor.

• Like 1