Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

@Marchhawker Enjoy every moment and never look back. All the best for 2018. Hope it will exceed all your expectations!.

• Like 1

Roomies

If I go MIA for a few days in January between the 9th and 19th', I won't have a lovely message prepared like @Dirkz. He is far too organised to even try follow in his big footsteps. I should be back soon after that. It is going to be hectic with Kitty cat's papers, the farewells :(, the Movecube etc etc. We can hardly keep up the pace.. battling to remember who we paid what amount and the dates are the worst. Perhaps after we have been there and done that we will post all about it but right now, if only I had all my ducks in a row  like Dirk, I wouldn't have been so stressed out. Please read Dirk's posts carefully and  put them all on your calendar, believe me, if I did that I would not have had all this pressure. Thank you @Dirkz . I tried my very best but just could not keep up  with it. I guess we all have our individual  circumstances, but without you and the other Roomies especially @Orphan as well, we would never have made it this far. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

We are nowhere near the finishing line, loads of things can still go wrong but we are just taking this huge leap of faith hoping that everything will fall into place just like it did with our house sale, renting from our lovely neighbours and now house sitting for friends. We have been very blessed throughout our process with everything happening at exactly the right time. We can only hope and pray that it will keep on going in the right direction.  Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts. 

@Elna57 Yes, in November we began the importation process for our two Dachshunds. As you know it is a seven month process. The first milestone was to have the microchips implanted and then vaccination for rabies. Blood samples have been taken and sent Onderstepoort for further tests. Complicated and costly exercise.

In your Destination column please, for us, insert Noosa.

@Marchhawker Very many congratulations.

Best wishes to all on this forum for the New Year.

Graham Ross.

• Like 2

@JaneandGraham Where is Noosa? When will you be going Graham? I remember you mentioning that you had to stay to tie up loose ends.

5 hours ago, JaneandGraham said:

@Elna57 Yes, in November we began the importation process for our two Dachshunds. As you know it is a seven month process. The first milestone was to have the microchips implanted and then vaccination for rabies. Blood samples have been taken and sent Onderstepoort for further tests. Complicated and costly exercise.

In your Destination column please, for us, insert Noosa.

@Marchhawker Very many congratulations.

Best wishes to all on this forum for the New Year.

Graham Ross.

Indeed Graham. And then one has to deal with some of the pet transport people who do not have a clue about things as well, causing one additional stress. My Kitty's papers are finally in order but she can only be accommodated  end January 2018.  I am just happy that all will be sorted by the time we leave.

Dear Elna,

Noosa is in Queensland, Sunshine Coast about 140 Kms north of Brisbane.

Yes,  I am still commuting between Stellenbosch and Noosa and the final move is expected to take place in mid 2018.

Best regards,

Graham.

Edited by JaneandGraham
  • Like 1

@Dirkz Happy new year mate.

Please may I ask how does one cancel one's SABC tv license.

I read just last week on Facebook that a guy who is now living in Australia was blacklisted by SABC for not paying his TV license in SA!!  Shocking!

Been a few years since we did ours,

There is a form you need to fill in which needs to be submitted together with either a letter from the person who bought your TV and a copy of their TV licence, or from a TV shop stating that the TV was not repairable and has been destroyed.

Basically, be super diligent and you can get it done, make copies of everything so that you can resend if needed, make sure it is filled in exactly as needed and completely, keep records if you talk to them

Ours was pretty painless but we had everything lined up

• Like 1

On 23/12/2017 at 10:30 AM, Elna57 said:

Hi Roomies!!

Been very busy packing, moving, house sitting, packing again, sorting papers for my Kitty Cat etc etc.

Our stuff finally left all packed in our move cube into storage until we  have a better idea of when our visas will be granted. At  least now we will be able to travel around without all our stuff. The storage will cost just over ZAR 200 per week which we think is very reasonable AND we get 2 weeks' storage free in SA and 2 weeks in Aus for free. I am very impressed with Seven Seas service. They were closing down until first week in January and even though I left it very late, they arranged for our cube to be delivered and go into storage within 2 days after i contacted them!

The medium move cube is BIG. It can take 3 cubic metres of goods.

@Marchhawker Congrats!!! Yay. @Elza, move your butt buddy. My turn in your seat now.:lol:

@JIG Welcome back. Enjoy the ride with us. A rollercoaster ride of emotions.

@Onthemove Long time, no see. Been missing you. What have you been up to?

@DGT Are you applying 173 or 143 visa?

And finally : MERRY CHRISTMAS ROOMIES!

Wishing all parents who are Australia on holiday, those of us sitting at home wishing we were in Australia,  those who are spending their holidays with family at home in Aus or SA, wishing you all a blessed Festive Season and loads of VISAS GRANTED in 2018 and richest blessings in 2018.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with us in this very special place and thank you for your support @Dirkz , ex-roomies and current roomies.

Well hello there @Elna57 :rolleyes:

to you and all our roomies, belated Compliments of the Season :) I've been keeping a low profile - nothing happening on this front and it'll likely take some time yet before anything does start happening.   Until then I'll keep on checking in with PVC - fingers crossed they'll soon kick into gear again and get the processing speeding up in no time!

Your question regarding TV Licences:     I have cancelled my TV Licence with the SABC - it did take numerous follow-ups for them to finally email written confirmation that the cancellation was in fact successful!   They were full of excuses during that time <_< Submitted my application for Licence Cancellation  on 7th Feb 2017, and finally received their Letter of Confirmation to this effect on 18 July 2017.   I used the information provided in the attached Word Doc to get this done.  Email your TV Licence Cancellation to :  tvlic.info@sabc.co.za   Very important to keep all correspondence with them - good luck!   

Telkom is another institution that took forever to cancel and confirm my cancellation of the internet line.

How to Cancel your TV Licence.docx

• Thanks 1

@Onthemove

Hi stranger. :D

Thank you so very much. We will give it a go.

Still battling to get rid of Telkom. It is so frustrating.

15 hours ago, Nev said:

Been a few years since we did ours,

There is a form you need to fill in which needs to be submitted together with either a letter from the person who bought your TV and a copy of their TV licence, or from a TV shop stating that the TV was not repairable and has been destroyed.

Basically, be super diligent and you can get it done, make copies of everything so that you can resend if needed, make sure it is filled in exactly as needed and completely, keep records if you talk to them

Ours was pretty painless but we had everything lined up

Thanks a lot. 

17 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@Onthemove

Hi stranger. :D

Thank you so very much. We will give it a go.

Still battling to get rid of Telkom. It is so frustrating.

@Elna57   Yep, Telkom is very frustrating - also needs constant follow-up: I submitted cancellation request on 1/11/2016 ; re-submitted on 1/12/2016 (non-receipt given as reason); several trips to their store and many many emails later, got sms confirmation of cancellation on 5/1/2017.  In my case they wanted to treat date of cancellation as 1/12/2016 instead of the original 1/11/2016 - this took re-explaining several times as it would have otherwise meant an extra month of billing from their side.  Just wasn't to prepared to sponsor their inefficiencies.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

this morning's response from PVC to my test email

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 12 March 2015

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi Roomies!!!

My son received the magical phone call from Centrelink and told him that he can fetch the letter from Centrelink tomorrow!!!! 

Yay!!

@DirkzI am too excited to even go through my list of things to do. Please remind me what to do next. He is going to go to Commonealth Bank with the golden letter and ask for the bond, right? Then send a copy of the golden letter via email to Immi? 

• Like 3

@Dirkz See you for coffee in a couple of weeks mate!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Hi Roomies!!!

My son received the magical phone call from Centrelink and told him that he can fetch the letter from Centrelink tomorrow!!!! 

Yay!!

@DirkzI am too excited to even go through my list of things to do. Please remind me what to do next. He is going to go to Commonealth Bank with the golden letter and ask for the bond, right? Then send a copy of the golden letter via email to Immi? 

Hi Elna,

Sorry I was away on our first road trip to good friends in Rockhampton (about 740km North up the coast) for a few days. We had such a good time and so much wine, I never got to any emails :rolleyes:

And we went past Noosa, which is the top end of the Sunshine Coast, about 2 hours North of us. And I had to register my car on GoVia to go through the toll road in Brisbane. And the roads were lovely.

To answer your question, once your son gets the AOS  letter from Centrelink, he takes that to Commonwealth Bank to register the Assurance Bond with them (it was $14000 for us). Then he has to take the Bank Proof of Bond Letter back to Centrelink for them to carry on with the AOS. They register it online and the Assessment gets done at AOS main offices in Canberra I think.

As I said before, tell your son to double check the bank AOS proof of bond letter to the letter. They made a mistake with ours and my son had to go back to the bank and back to Centrelink again and then Centrelink had to rectify it on their system. The lady at the bank spelled my wife's name incorrectly and made another mistake.

After your son has taken the Comm Bank Proof of Bond payment back to Centrelink, the latter will then tell him that they will let him know when the AOS has been approved, in about 5-9 weeks or whatever it is now. That is the AOS Acceptance Letter that you need for them to complete your Visa grant. And in our case that was what held us back in the end. 

Note: Centrelink AOS Dept also sends Immi a copy of the AOS Acceptance Letter by email once a week when it is finally approved. But if your son gets it from them before Immi gets the email, you can save a few days to get the visa.

We have met a lot of Saffas in the Gold Coast and have been invited for barbies and champagne evenings on the beach. Quite a lot of old Saffas living in Australia!

A blessed year ahead for all in the waiting room. Just be patient and look forward to a wonderful life in Australia. I'm enjoying every minute of it !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Hi Roomies!!!

Yay!!

Wooohoo @Elna57 that's great news! So close now! 

Hopefully @Elza has heard as well! 

We arrived on the 31st and really enjoying life here. 

1 tip I would give is getting your taxfile number so you can work (we are only 54, so a few years left) but had trouble getting it because of the system was down! 

Everything cross that things keeps moving! 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:59 AM, Elna57 said:

Hi Roomies!!!

Yay!!

This is great news @Elna57. You sure are close to the finishing line now. My apologies for the late reply.I have been away ,without my computer or a while.

You asked whether I am on the 173 or 143.   I am on the 143.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KevinLee said:

@TinaH has your AOS been approved yet?

@KevinLee yes it's been approved. I've just come back from holiday and got a letter advised the AOS has been accepted.

How come the processing time is still 12 March 2015. It's been 2 weeks already. 

• Like 1

Hi All

A very happy new year and best wishes for 2017.

Just got back from beautiful Melbourne - enjoyed every moment.

Congratulations Elna, the wait has paid off. I am sure all will go well from here on. Lets hope that the AOS goes through quickly. Thank god the exchange rate has improved .

Does anyone know if the SA drivers licence can be renewed without the driver been present in SA. Can it be done via the SA embassy in OZ? 

• Thanks 1