Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

1 hour ago, Marchhawker said:

VISA GRANTED!!! 

@Marchhawker congratulations!!!! So incredibly happy for you!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @Elza hopefully you're not to far bbehind. We are completely shocked how quickly it came! Visa payment and approval happened the same day! 

• Like 1

Been watching the movement of everyone for a year its time to participate. Logged in Nov.2015 so about another 10 months to wait. We will be going to the Gold Coast. So happy for all who are over there already and to those on their final run. Watching and reading all your progress makes me very envious. Will stay positive and hope the time flies by.:)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marchhawker said:

VISA GRANTED!!! 

Very happy for you! We also got ours a few hours after they received the payment. 

Now you will be able to see how New Year is celebrated in Australia. First world country. No expenses spared :ilikeit:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JIG said:

Been watching the movement of everyone for a year its time to participate. Logged in Nov.2015 so about another 10 months to wait. We will be going to the Gold Coast. So happy for all who are over there already and to those on their final run. Watching and reading all your progress makes me very envious. Will stay positive and hope the time flies by.:)

Welcome to the thread JIG. 

It's a good place to keep tread of what's happening with other roomies regarding the 143 visa.

The Gold Coast is awesome. Just expanding too fast with lots of Australians migrating from Sydney and other cities to come and live here.

Also a lot of South Africans here. We've been invited to many barbecues of old Saffas and have made some nice friends in 3 months.

The most difficult is to adapt to the hot weather here if you're not from Durban or further North. But that's a very small price to pay :) 

• Like 1

Hi Roomies!!

Been very busy packing, moving, house sitting, packing again, sorting papers for my Kitty Cat etc etc.

Our stuff finally left all packed in our move cube into storage until we  have a better idea of when our visas will be granted. At  least now we will be able to travel around without all our stuff. The storage will cost just over ZAR 200 per week which we think is very reasonable AND we get 2 weeks' storage free in SA and 2 weeks in Aus for free. I am very impressed with Seven Seas service. They were closing down until first week in January and even though I left it very late, they arranged for our cube to be delivered and go into storage within 2 days after i contacted them!

The medium move cube is BIG. It can take 3 cubic metres of goods.

@Marchhawker Congrats!!! Yay. @Elza, move your butt buddy. My turn in your seat now.:lol:

@JIG Welcome back. Enjoy the ride with us. A rollercoaster ride of emotions.

@Onthemove Long time, no see. Been missing you. What have you been up to?

@DGT Are you applying 173 or 143 visa?

And finally : MERRY CHRISTMAS ROOMIES!

Wishing all parents who are Australia on holiday, those of us sitting at home wishing we were in Australia,  those who are spending their holidays with family at home in Aus or SA, wishing you all a blessed Festive Season and loads of VISAS GRANTED in 2018 and richest blessings in 2018.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with us in this very special place and thank you for your support @Dirkz , ex-roomies and current roomies.

• Like 3

Hi Guys and Gals

Thought I would post my time line dates for future and present room mates interested. Also, just a reminder to check up on things as you go along. Never "assume"  anything. Always check.

This is my process so far :

Elna57 Lodged:                                                                                                                                                                                        25 Feb 2015

Medicals etc request received :                                                                                                                                              22 Nov 2017

All documents submitted including application for AOS:                                                                                                  24 Nov 2017

NB!! Noticed that nothing showed up on Emedical on DIBP site, did enquiries and discovered that Medicals were never uploaded a week later. :nah: 

Medicals uploaded on :                                                                                                                                                          30 Nov 2017

All visitors to our little thread: please join, we would love to meet you all and believe me, the wonderful people on this thread will support you all the way. We all need the moral support and the wisdom of people who have been there and done that.  

@JaneandGraham

Oh man! The process with Kitty cat is now becoming harder than the 143 process.

I have encountered some snags but hopefully, thanks to the lovely Facebook forum DOGMA - Dogs (and other pets) Migrating to Australia and the wonderful people on that forum, we are hoping to have all issues resolved early in the new year when people return to work and reality.

How is it going with your process for the little sausages?

Hi Roomies and ex- roomie @Dirkz.

Do any of you hold or know how one applies for the 12 month visitor visa? 

Visitor visa (subclass 600)

Features

This visa lets you visit Australia:

to visit or for business visitor purposes

for up to three, six or 12 months.

Just now, Elna57 said:

Hi Roomies and ex- roomie @Dirkz.

Do any of you hold or know how one applies for the 12 month visitor visa? 

Visitor visa (subclass 600)

Features

This visa lets you visit Australia:

to visit or for business visitor purposes

for up to three, six or 12 months.

I have never seen an option where one can ask for the longer stay one although I have only applied twice so far. Asking for a friend.

Welcome @JIG I hope your stay is short ;) In the waiting room. 

We arrive in Brisbane on the 31st just in time to celebrate the new year :) And we will be cheering for AOS approvals to start coming through for all the roomies early 2018. Xx 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elna57 said:

I have never seen an option where one can ask for the longer stay one although I have only applied twice so far. Asking for a friend.

We had a three year visa, where we could stay for a maximum of 12 months at a time. Then had to leave before reentering. 

This is why we need to do the Australia police certificate. 

Just over 50hrs until we arrive in Brisbane! 

• Like 1

Name Date Lodged Meds etc req Meds done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted😊 Destination
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017       May 2017 14 Jun 2017 3 Jul 2017 13 Jul 2017  
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017 20 Jun 2016 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16 12 Apr 17   31 May 2017 2 Jun 2017  
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr2017 25 Aug 2017 30 Jun 2017 25 Aug 2017 27 Aug2017 Brisbane
melbourne3000 22 Dec 2014 8 Oct 2017   23 Sep 2017 8 Oct 2017 26 Oct 2017   8 Nov 2017 14 Nov 2017  
Elza 10 Feb 2015 11 Nov 2017 14 Nov 2017 13 Nov 2017 6 Nov 2017         Perth
Elna57 25 Feb 2015 22 Nov 2017 23 Nov 2017 23 Nov 2017 24 No2017         Brisbane
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015 24 Nov 2017   173 visa       18 Nov 2017 19 Dec 2017 Brisbane
TinaH 13 April2015     6 Nov 2017            
DGT 20 April2015 12 Oct 2017 15 Oct 2017 13 Oct 2017            
data 9 May 2015                  
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                 Melbourne
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                 Melbourne
JTN 10 Jul 2015                  
Nazmeen 17 Aug 2015                 Sydney
KevinLee 24 Sep 2015                  
Tazzy 9 Oct 2015                  
JIG 1 Nov 2015                  
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                 Perth
gsb733 Nov 2015                  
Robyn2259 Jan 2016                  
Jarryd13 Jun 2016                 Brisbane
PatPar Nov 2016                  
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016                  

31 minutes ago, Marchhawker said:

We had a three year visa, where we could stay for a maximum of 12 months at a time. Then had to leave before reentering. 

This is why we need to do the Australia police certificate. 

Just over 50hrs until we arrive in Brisbane! 

How lucky are you!! Enjoy!!

How does one apply for a 12 month stay please.

10 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@JaneandGraham

Oh man! The process with Kitty cat is now becoming harder than the 143 process.

I have encountered some snags but hopefully, thanks to the lovely Facebook forum DOGMA - Dogs (and other pets) Migrating to Australia and the wonderful people on that forum, we are hoping to have all issues resolved early in the new year when people return to work and reality.

How is it going with your process for the little sausages?

Received wonderful news. Kitty Cat's snags have all been sorted!! Yay. Now just need a visa for ourselves. :rolleyes:

@Elza You are awfully quiet Buddy. Quite boring here without you. 

We need some action in this room people!! Come on, someone, anyone, give us some good news!

@Marchhawker Enjoy the fireworks. It is absolutely spectacular. I am so envious. See you on the Brisbane riverbank then in  Dec 2018?

@Elna57

Have recently gone through the Tourist Visa 600 applications process for both of my parents (in separate applications). Mom received a visa valid for 3 years, with a 12 month maximum stay in any 18 month period. Dad received a visa valid for 3 years, with a 3 month maximum stay at a time.

We applied online through my Immi account - which I would seriously recommend, rather than applying manually through the Australian Visa Processing Centres in South Africa (TLScontact). I was able to upload colour scans of documents like passports and photos without having to have paper copies certified. You do still have to visit one of the TLS centres for biometirics (fingerprints and eye scan), but that was easy, and it saved a few hundred Rand doing it online.

If I remember correctly, there is an option to tick what stay you would like - 3, 6 or 12 months. Mom applied for the 12 month stay, but had to do a medical. Dad applied for 3 month stays and didn't have to do a medical.

For both applications I wrote a letter inviting them over, and requested a visa with maximum validity (i.e 3 years).

The documents I had to scan and upload for Dad (applied 17 Oct, granted 13 Nov) were:

* evidence of financial capacity (I did a statement from his Commbank account in his own name)

* Travel history (entry/exit stamps in passport)

* Travel document (photo page of passport)

* Intention to return (He is self employed, so he wrote a letter confirming business details and dates of intended travel and return)

* Invitation (letter from me saying he will be visiting us and grandkids)

* Evidence of tourist activities (same letter from me).

Happy to PM if anyone would like more specifics.

• Thanks 1

@Robyn2259

Oh thank you so very much! . Yes if you could please PM me any info so that I can  pass on to her,  I will be very grateful. 

Wishing you a blessed 2018 in beautiful Australia. Hoping to be there soon. 

:yourock:

@Marchhawker and @Robyn2259 and anyone who knows...

Hi, in regards to the visitors visa with 12 month stay...if you stay in Aus for the full 12 months must you then leave the country for the next 6 months due to the 18 month thing? Or how does it works?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers

Aneldari 

My understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that if you stay in Aus for the full 12 months, then you would need to be out of Aus for the next full 6 months. After that, you can return for another full 12 months (assuming your visa is still valid of course).

However, I also understand that it is a rolling calendar, which means if you don't stay the full 12 months (but come and go for a few months at a time) you would need to keep track of your time in and out of Aus.  In the last 18 months you are only allowed to have been in Aus for a total of 12 months.

Perhaps @Robyn2259 can give us some info regarding this subject. I do not know of anyone (except the lady who sat next to me and did not ask her about it - stupid me) who has had this 12 month visitor visa. It should all be explained on the visa grant letter. @Aneldari 

• Like 1