Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

@Marchhawker

Exciting times ahead!  The holidays are going to set us all back a bit but let's hope that will soon change in the new year. It would have been just tremendous if we could all have gotten a lovely surprise from Santa, but I think it is highly unlikely. not that I am giving up hope, not yet.  Only by the end of next week shall I give in :lol:

@DGT

Hope that @Elza and myself receive news pretty soon  bus ecause I somehow think that Immi will not proceed with  "new process" applications  (invitation to prepare docs) before all "old process" applications (28 days to submit) have been finalised. It is only a personal opinion and I have no concrete facts to base my assumption on though. 

On 12/9/2017 at 3:27 AM, DGT said:

Lets hope it is a Typo-error :D

O notice that the Email format has also changed.

Yes, indeed it has changed quite significantly. 

I nagged my son again on Friday re the magical phone call from Centrelink, but he has also not gotten the call yet.

I will be sending him off to Centrelink next week to just check up that all docs have been uploaded and are all in order although I know already that it is not going to be a request that will be met with too much enthusiasm. :lol: He firmly believes that Aussies do not make mistakes but we have all seen how one missing signature or one spelling error can make a difference. 

Good luck all Roomies and have a fantastic week. 

DIBP correlate the processing date

PROCESSING CONTRIBUTORY PARENT VISAS

In the 2017-18 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.  Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014, processing time for these is expected to exceed 30 months.

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 11 March 2015.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

it's official, all documentation has now been issued to immigration. 

The final wait begins. Our letter says a decision will be made on or before the 22/12 with or without our documents. 

So excited! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marchhawker said:

it's official, all documentation has now been issued to immigration. 

The final wait begins. Our letter says a decision will be made on or before the 22/12 with or without our documents. 

So excited! 

@Marchhawker ~ have you submitted AOS, Med, PCC and Form 80 already? So after sending email to you, it’ll take about 1.5 weeks to process your application?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TinaH said:

@Marchhawker ~ have you submitted AOS, Med, PCC and Form 80 already? So after sending email to you, it’ll take about 1.5 weeks to process your application?

@TinaH 

We are a 173 visa, We don't require the AOS until we apply for the second part of the visa. 

Everything about the visa is the same apart from;  you pay a smaller amount on approval and no AOS required, within 2 years of approval you have to apply for the second part of the visa to stay forever and that's when we pay the AOS and the next part of the visa payment but this is done whilst living in Australia. 

And yes confirmation was made quickly by immigration that all documents have been received, but again no AOS so no requirements for extensions. (most AOS take months to approve but at least its all over when you get your approval ;) ) 

Edited by Marchhawker
  • Like 1

@Marchhawker

I am so glad for you. You are  nearly there. Well done.

Please can you clarify a few questions regarding the 173 Visa.

1)How long are you allowed outside of Aus to still qualify to apply for the 143 after two years. For example can you go back to SA for say, one year and then apply for the 143 ?even though you were only in Aus for 1 year?

2)Do you have to do another medical after the first two years when you apply for the 143.?

3) Do you receive a Permanent Residence Visa(PR)  with the 173 Visa ?

4)Do you automatically qualify for the free Medicare on arrival?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DGT said:

@Marchhawker

I am so glad for you. You are  nearly there. Well done.

Please can you clarify a few questions regarding the 173 Visa.

1)How long are you allowed outside of Aus to still qualify to apply for the 143 after two years. For example can you go back to SA for say, one year and then apply for the 143 ?even though you were only in Aus for 1 year?

2)Do you have to do another medical after the first two years when you apply for the 143.?

3) Do you receive a Permanent Residence Visa(PR)  with the 173 Visa ?

4)Do you automatically qualify for the free Medicare on arrival?

I believe everything is the same as the 143 but it has an end date and we must apply for the 143 within two years. 

We are 100% staying in Australia we love, and our only grandchildren are there. 

At the time of applying we were told 18-20 month visa processing time which prompted the 173. 

One thing to watch out for, if you spend long periods of time outside of Australia is applying for citizenship. I think they have some restrictions. 

Thanks to everyone for the good luck we are hoping to fly out on the 29 Dec and start the new year in Australia. Let's hope they take our money soon ;) hopefully these AOS are processed quickly for everyone. :D 

• Like 1

@Marchhawker

You are right about the Citizenship.  I understand that we have to be in Aus for 4 out of the 5 years to qualify.

The website is  ambiguous regarding this issue. (for me).

Please advise.

• Like 1

@DGT I got these from the website which confirm access to medicare and usually no additional medicals and you can apply outside of the country. 

IMG_3451.PNG

IMG_3452.PNG

• Like 1

Dates seem all over the place... Back to the 26/2/15? 

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 26 February 2015.

• Confused 1

No idea what DIBP is doing, the processing date is flapping.

PROCESSING CONTRIBUTORY PARENT VISAS

In the 2017-18 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.  Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014, processing time for these is expected to exceed 30 months.

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 10 March 2015.

• Like 1

That's absolutely weird, a test email response in this afternoon.

"When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 11 March 2015."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marchhawker said:

So.... We got asked to make payment today!!!!! Woooohooooo

Wow that's great! 

Can you tell everyone how you were requested to make the payment?

Could you just pay with a card or bank transfer, or did you have to pay by bank cheque from a certain bank?

• Like 2

We didn't have an invoice number so couldn't pay via the immi account but We did receive an email with a form attached, which we have completed and sent it back with card details. 

We also rang our bank and told them the money would be taken to stop anyone from stopping the payment.

we used an offshore account already in Australia. 

Edited by Marchhawker
  • Like 1

@Marchhawker

Sorry I forgot this is your 1st VAC. We also paid with a credit card when we applied.  

I was just wondering if the 2nd VAC payment method has changed since we paid ours end of August this year. You will only pay yours in the next two years.

We had to pay the big amount (2nd VAC) with a bank guaranteed check from Commonwealth Bank couriered to PVC in Perth.

We're expecting some hot pre-Christmas weather here in the Gold Coast of Australia..... but it's still a pleasure being here :)

• Like 2