Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

1 minute ago, Elna57 said:

@VGill

I came across some discussion around this issue, perhaps it will shed some light on it for you.

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/177521-contributory-parent-visa-143-dependent-child-aged-18-over.html

Sure your not 21! Your a wizz! So very helpful. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DGT said:

@Elna57

Once again thanks for your inputs and help.

I am not the best when it comes to online issues....often too scared to make a mistake.:)

Now I am too scared to go through the motions to register for an immi account..

I tried and got to where it says

Select the online services you need to

Apply for a visa or citizenship (including sponsorship and nomination)
Included in all Individual ImmiAccounts

I already have the Visitors visa,so I think I should rather not confuse the system ?

Did it not give you the option to "import current visa"?  I know what you mean..... I am the same, often too scared  and then chicken out. :lol:

When does your current visitor visa expire?

4 minutes ago, Marchhawker said:

Sure your not 21! Your a wizz! So very helpful. 

You can see who did a lot of trawling the net before applying for the parent visa? :lol: Scaredy cat, me.  

I am avoiding repacking my boxes that I wish to take to Aus AGAIN! Sorting some more, and cleaning some more. Just when I think I am finally ready, something happens and throws a spanner in the wheels. I hate old Murphy and his laws. He follows me like a Siamese twin wherever I go and whatever i do. So, I have learnt to be prepared to dodge his curveballs at all times. :rolleyes:

@DGT I will log into Immi account some time and see what your options are. Will let you know as soon as I have done whether one can register after the visa has been issued. 

@DGT

Think I have found the answer.

"

If I have submitted a paper visa application can I import it into my ImmiAccount?

If you have lodged a paper visa application for one of the following subclasses and it is still being processed you might be able to import it into ImmiAccount:

• Resident Return visa (subclasses 155 and 157)
  • Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
  • Skilled - Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476)
  • Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
  • Independent ELICOS Sector visa (subclass 570)*
  • Schools Sector visa (subclass 571)*
  • Vocational Education and Training visa (subclass 572)*
  • Higher Education Sector visa (subclass 573)*
  • Postgraduate Research Sector visa (subclass 574)*
  • Non Award Sector visa (subclass 575)*
  • Visitor visa (subclass 600)
  • Protection visa (subclass 866)
  • Temporary Protection visa (subclass 785)
  • Safe Haven Enterprise visa (subclass 790)

* Primary applicant only.

To import your paper application you will need to enter your application ID, date of birth and a travel document number (ImmiCard, passport or Titre de Voyage number).

The Application ID is recorded on your acknowledgement letter.

Note: If the Application ID begins with 'IRIS', you will not be able to import the application.

A Quick Reference Guide on how to import a paper application is available from the ImmiAccountpage."

Because your tourist visa has been issued already, it doesn't look as if you could import it into an Immi account but if " and it is still being processed" you could still have done it?  

I agree with you, rather not confuse them now. 

I am wondering though, whether you are allowed to submit your own form 929 seeing that you are using an agent? If not, ask your agent to check with DIBP whether they have received your documents, especially since  

"OOOOPS! We entered Aus two weeks ago and passport control did not have us on their system !I had to show them the old passports."

Are you still in Australia? You are so lucky. I wish I could be there instead of stressing about the value of the ZARand etc. :rolleyes:

Thanks for information guys. Really appreciate.

My brother 25+ years. When i applied there were no limitations on age for dependency, it can be anything above 18. Person should be dependent financially on parents. Should be a ongoing student . After November 2016 , immi changed it to maximum 23 years. After 23 years person cant be dependent. I heard some people got visa at age 26 in old rules . lets see what happens. Hoping for the best. Thanks again

• Like 1

@Elna57 I have checked out my emedical. After logging into the emedical and clicking the button on the bottom left of the screen (Printing) an information sheet shows.  This has the following information:

• client dersonal details
  • Client visa details
  • Instructions to the client:
    • Just saying my case has been submitted to DIBP and if i need further examination they will notify me etc.
  • Health Case Status:
    • Showing the three examinations done and status is "Completed" and shows which clinic

So no results or time frame of results who who we can get results from.  I think, like you suggested, after submission to DIBP if there is anything wrong they or doctors from that side will communication with me.

• Like 1

@Elza

Thanks Bud. After my phone call, ours are also now showing exactly what you described above. Glad that I checked up whether medicals were uploaded though otherwise I could have only discovered much later that it wasn't done.

5 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Did it not give you the option to "import current visa"?  I know what you mean..... I am the same, often too scared  and then chicken out. :lol:

No it did not give me that option. My visa expires in approx. 1 year. It is a three year visa.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Because your tourist visa has been issued already, it doesn't look as if you could import it into an Immi account but if " and it is still being processed" you could still have done it?  

I agree with you, rather not confuse them now. 

I am wondering though, whether you are allowed to submit your own form 929 seeing that you are using an agent? If not, ask your agent to check with DIBP whether they have received your documents, especially since  

"OOOOPS! We entered Aus two weeks ago and passport control did not have us on their system !I had to show them the old passports."

Are you still in Australia? You are so lucky. I wish I could be there instead of stressing about the value of the ZARand etc. :rolleyes:

My agent say that they submitted the form929,but that they have not heard from DIBP yet

..I can now at least tell them that something is probably wrong because they have heard nothing since .Thanks for your info.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elza said:

@Elna57 I have checked out my emedical. After logging into the emedical and clicking the button on the bottom left of the screen (Printing) an information sheet shows.  This has the following information:

• client dersonal details
  • Client visa details
  • Instructions to the client:
    • Just saying my case has been submitted to DIBP and if i need further examination they will notify me etc.
  • Health Case Status:
    • Showing the three examinations done and status is "Completed" and shows which clinic

So no results or time frame of results who who we can get results from.  I think, like you suggested, after submission to DIBP if there is anything wrong they or doctors from that side will communication with me.

@Elza

It is my understanding that the doctor that you saw will be advised by DIBP that he needs to contact you for further tests if they (the DIBP's doctors) require further info.

• Like 2

@DGT

I remember travelling to Australia shortly after renewing our passports and took my old passport with me just in case. I didn't need my old passport at all though. So, obviously, the new passport details had been updated already.

10 hours ago, Elna57 said:

I remember travelling to Australia

@Elna57 Do you know that i have never actually been to Australia!! Howzat for strange!!!:rolleyes:

• Like 2

@Elza

Wow! Very strange.  So when you do go, you will have to be prepared for a shocker. Everything  actually WORKS there! And so clean and organised. Wish I could be there to see your face. :lol:

I believe DIBP processing  5 March 2015.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Elza said:

@Elna57 Do you know that i have never actually been to Australia!! Howzat for strange!!!:rolleyes:

Well, it will be a even more special experience for you! :)

@Elna57 5th March!! Yay so nice to see it move every week! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elza said:

@Elza I went last Christmas for the first time and was blown away. So clean and the service at the shops etc, etc.... you will enjoy. You have to visit Freemantle asap after you arrive. For me Bunnings was my "go to"  shop. Better not go on and spoil it for you ;-)

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I've created an immi account but I dont think we can import parent visa 143 in yet. There is very limited visa subclass that we can apply through the immi account. 

For medical, the result will send directly to immi office. We are unable to request any result from them.

Now, the only thing that worries me is AOS. I called Centerlink last time and they said average 6 to 8 weeks. I still have 1 month till they allocate CO to my parents' case.

Keep waiting........

• Like 1

I think the immi account we can use to pay our 2nd installment since they said in auto reply email when I checked processing date, they said we can use immi account to pay for an invoice. I have to wait till my CO contacts me. 

On 11/30/2017 at 6:14 PM, Elna57 said:

What does the Ref number and Travel number look like... struggling :(  

On 12/1/2017 at 11:34 PM, TinaH said:

I think the immi account we can use to pay our 2nd installment since they said in auto reply email when I checked processing date, they said we can use immi account to pay for an invoice. I have to wait till my CO contacts me. 

@TinaH

I also tried to log into my immi account after applying for the 143 visa, but could never actually get any info regarding the progress, so I just left it and went with the flow.

Regarding the payment of the 2nd VAC (Visa Application Charge) (the big one),  somewhere on the 143 info and procedures it states that this last payment needs to be done with a bank cheque issued by Commonwealth Bank made out to Immigration (the precise beneficiary name will be supplied), and the cheque must be posted or couriered to the Parent Visa Centre in Perth when requested. That's exactly what my daughter did for us when we were requested to pay the 2nd VAC just over 3 months ago.

I think you can pay for other Immi invoices via the Immi Account, but not for the 143 visa.

57 minutes ago, Dirkz said:

@TinaH

I also tried to log into my immi account after applying for the 143 visa, but could never actually get any info regarding the progress, so I just left it and went with the flow.

Regarding the payment of the 2nd VAC (Visa Application Charge) (the big one),  somewhere on the 143 info and procedures it states that this last payment needs to be done with a bank cheque issued by Commonwealth Bank made out to Immigration (the precise beneficiary name will be supplied), and the cheque must be posted or couriered to the Parent Visa Centre in Perth when requested. That's exactly what my daughter did for us when we were requested to pay the 2nd VAC just over 3 months ago.

I think you can pay for other Immi invoices via the Immi Account, but not for the 143 visa.

So it has to be a comm bank cheque?? Seems odd that is so specific? 

I Know that the VAC payments can definitely be done through an Agent,From any Bank.

I think that the AOS  Guarantee ,for the AUD 14 000 ,needs to be arranged  at Comm Bank. The Guarantor (normally ones Sponsor) needs to arrange for the Guarantee at CommBank.

This is included in the WA Parents email.:It may interest some folks that are following our Blog.

TEMPORARY SPONSORED PARENT VISA

On Friday 5 May 2017, the Government announced the introduction of the new temporary sponsored parent visa for parents of Australians during the 2017–18 Migration Programme year. The new visa will allow Australians to sponsor their parents to stay in Australia for up to five years at a time.

For more information see: Introducing the temporary sponsored parent visa

Kind regards

PARENT VISA CENTRE

• Like 1