Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Given the holidays and weekends in between  22 Dec - 8 Jan it is effectively only 7 working days they are shut down; 

would that be correct? :) 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Elza said:

@Marchhawker!!!!!! Congratulations!! Everything is moving on so nicely :rolleyes::ilikeit: such wonderful  news!!!!

Thank you! 

we've also been requested to get an Australian federal police certificate,  because we've been on a extended visitor visa. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Elza said:

Wow! @TinaH are you very sure about these dates, sorry but just asking as my son in Perth was told  they close only the one week between Christmas and New Year? 😟

@Elza _ no i'm not sure. It was from onthemove @On the move.

Edited by TinaH

On 24/11/2017 at 4:38 PM, Elna57 said:

Name Date Lodged Meds etc req Meds done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted😊 Destination
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017       May 2017 14 Jun 2017 3 Jul 2017 13 Jul 2017  
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017 20 Jun 2016 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16 12 Apr 17   31 May 2017 2 Jun 2017  
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017 25 Aug 2017 30 Jun 2017 25 Aug 2017 27 Aug 2017 Brisbane
melbourne3000 22 Dec 2014 8 Oct 2017   23 Sep 2017 8 Oct 2017 26 Oct 2017   8 Nov 2017 14 Nov 2017  
Elza 10 Feb 2015 11 Nov 2017 14 Nov 2017 13 Nov 2017 6 Nov 2017         Perth
Elna57 25 Feb 2015 22 Nov 2017 23 Nov 2017 23 Nov 2017           Brisbane
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015 24 Nov 2017   173 visa           Brisbane
TinaH 13 April 2015 10 Oct 2017   6 Nov 2017            
DGT 20 April 2015 12 Oct 2017 15 Oct 2017 13 Oct 2017            
data 9 May 2015                  
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                 Melbourne
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                 Melbourne
JTN 10 Jul 2015                  
Nazmeen 17 Aug 2015                 Sydney
KevinLee 24 Sep 2015                  
Tazzy 9 Oct 2015                  
JIG 1 Nov 2015                  
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                 Perth
gsb733 Nov 2015                  
Robyn2259 Jan 2016                  
Jarryd13 Jun 2016                 Brisbane
PatPar Nov 2016                  
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016                  

@Elna57~ Have u received any email requesting to prepare for additional docs prior to the CO allocated date? I can see you submitted your docs on 25th Feb 2015 and immi only requested your docs on 22 Nov and you submitted on 23 Nov for Medical and AOS?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TinaH said:

@Elza _ no i'm not sure. It was from onthemove @On the move.

Ah @TinaH sorry about that, you quoted not said..... me thinks it's the old age thing creeping up on me and the serious stress of awaiting a process..... looking back I see it now..... sorry man!! When I saw like two weeks I nearly passed out! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TinaH said:

I've checked the immi website. They close for xmas and new year (25, 26, 27/12 and 1/1). Pls correct me if i'm wrong.

@TinaH these are the dates I understand they are closed, yes.....hope I'm not wrong...

• Like 1

On 11/24/2017 at 5:33 PM, Onthemove said:

Given the holidays and weekends in between  22 Dec - 8 Jan it is effectively only 7 working days they are shut down; 

would that be correct? :) 

Who knows? Hope they all return to work all fired up and hitting the ground running. :D

On 11/25/2017 at 10:21 AM, TinaH said:

@Elna57~ Have u received any email requesting to prepare for additional docs prior to the CO allocated date? I can see you submitted your docs on 25th Feb 2015 and immi only requested your docs on 22 Nov and you submitted on 23 Nov for Medical and AOS?

Hi @TinaH

No, except for acknowledgments  of receipt of documents relating to new passport details, this was the first communication that we have had from Immigration. I think  @DGT is  absolutely correct in the assumption that a new procedure has been introduced and myself and @Elza were still part of the old  process and got our requests stating that we have 28 days to  submit form 80, do medicals, AOS etc.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 0:37 PM, Elna57 said:

@Marchhawker Let's wait for the update on Friday then I will guess your day. This is quite fun. :D

Hahaha. They beat me to it. :lol:

11 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Hi @TinaH

No, except for acknowledgments  of receipt of documents relating to new passport details, this was the first communication that we have had from Immigration. I think  @DGT is  absolutely correct in the assumption that a new procedure has been introduced and myself and @Elza were still part of the old  process and got our requests stating that we have 28 days to  submit form 80, do medicals, AOS etc.

@Elna57 Can you please tell me what wording was used by DIBP to confirm that they received your Passport renewal.

Did you do a form 929 for you as well as for your husband (if he also renewed)?Or did you manage to do both on ONE form?

• Like 1

@DGT

We each completed our own forms and used the exact same wording in the subject line as the wording in the subject line of our acknowledgement letter. We scanned all forms and the passport bio pages into one pdf file and submitted one email with the scanned file as attachment.

Initially, we just received the ordinary automated acknowledgement of receipt but a few days later another email " we have received ..........and updated your file". 

For Change of Address we followed the same procedure but did not receive the 2nd email, just the automated reply. However, on the forms for the medicals; I noticed that the address had been updated. 

So it would appear that regardless of whether or not they send the 2nd email, one's file gets updated nonetheless.

Edited by Elna57
Spellos

@Elna57 Thank you very much.This info really helps me a lot. One more question if I may.

How long after you sent the email with your attachment did they respond with the ordinary acknowledgement.

The thing is that my agent submitted my forms 6 weeks ago and has not heard anything yet.....

• Like 1

@DGT

I am driving my poor son up the wall with all my questions. :D He is probably wishing that we get our visas very soon so that I could get off his back.

I keep forgetting that he has already been in Aus many years and has forgotten what it is like to live in a country where one has to double check EVERYTHING. 

@DGT

The reply came almost immediately, much like when one submits the WAparent email. If you still have an active Visitor visa; you can check on your passport numbers by logging into your Immi account. If the numbers have been updated there, the same will reflect on your parent application. Their systems are so brilliant. One update does everything accross the board.

10 minutes ago, Elna57 said:

@DGT

The reply came almost immediately, much like when one submits the WAparent email. If you still have an active Visitor visa; you can check on your passport numbers by logging into your Immi account. If the numbers have been updated there, the same will reflect on your parent application. Their systems are so brilliant. One update does everything accross the board.

OOOOPS! We entered Aus two weeks ago and passport control did not have us on their system !I had to show them the old passports.

What is this "immi account"?

• Like 1

Hi everyone.. I have been using forum from last year .i check it every day ,so informative.  i have applied for my father and brother 143 subclass In November2015. I have questions regarding assurance of support and dependency. How much income need to show (net amount)  to sponsor two adults. Which are the supporting documents to prove dependency of my brother(above 18) on my father . he is currently a student. Congrats and gud luck for those who already been called by immi. 

• Like 1

@VGill

Welcome and thanks for the good wishes. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, VGill said:

Hi everyone.. I have been using forum from last year .i check it every day ,so informative.  i have applied for my father and brother 143 subclass In November2015. I have questions regarding assurance of support and dependency. How much income need to show (net amount)  to sponsor two adults. Which are the supporting documents to prove dependency of my brother(above 18) on my father . he is currently a student. Congrats and gud luck for those who already been called by immi. 

I don't think there is an amount, you just need the $14,000 for the AOS. 

They will take that if any benefits are claimed during the first 10 years.

It's been a while since I've read all the info on the immi website. I might be wrong. I will see if I can find the PDF that Explains all this. I remember it being very informative! 

Not long to wait now until it's your turn! Was your brother under 18 when you applied? And welcome! 

• Like 2

@DGT

Don't despair... it all happens when you least expect it. Good luck buddy. If Immi process works strictly according to date lodged, all folks with lodgement dates before yours, are holding you up.????  I hope this is not the case because I only yesterday (almost a week after we went for our medicals) checked on emedical  and noticed that our medicals had not yet been uploaded to DIBP yet. They did that soon after I phoned to enquire. If I understand the process correctly, the Australian doctors will then grade the results and decide whether they are happy or need more info.

I am not sure about this at all but I somehow get the feeling that it works like that. We will only find out soon when/if you, Elza or myself hear from them, won't we? Then at least other roomies will have an idea of how the process really works.

Re the Immi account: I will quote from the website

https://www.border.gov.au/help-text/online-account/Documents/stat dus_immiaccount.pdf

"ImmiAccount is the 'front door' to our online services. It allows you to:

·        apply for a visa or citizenship online

·        access the My Health Declarations service

·        continue a saved online application

·        import a paper application into your ImmiAccount (service available for certain visa subclasses only)

·        attach documents to an online or imported paper application

·        consent to using eMedical and answer medical related questions where required

·        check the progress of an online or imported paper application

·        update application details online"

This does not include paper applications such as our parent Visa applications, The Visitor visa is now an online Application and that is why one can use Immi account for those. You would have been able to update your passport details online if you were registered on it before you went to Aus. 

To register for Immi account, this is the link:

https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login

Hope this helps other folks as well when they apply for a visitor visa to Australia from South Africa.

@VGill

You can check whether you will meet Income requirements here : http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/60

I found it very complicated and just left it up to my Assurer to do the calculations. It varies according to number of family members are dependent on the sponsor etc.

• Like 2

@VGill

I came across some discussion around this issue, perhaps it will shed some light on it for you.

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/177521-contributory-parent-visa-143-dependent-child-aged-18-over.html

@Elna57

Once again thanks for your inputs and help.

I am not the best when it comes to online issues....often too scared to make a mistake.:)

Now I am too scared to go through the motions to register for an immi account..

I tried and got to where it says

Select the online services you need to

Apply for a visa or citizenship (including sponsorship and nomination)
Included in all Individual ImmiAccounts

I already have the Visitors visa,so I think I should rather not confuse the system ?
  • Like 1