Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

@Renee

Welcome in our midst. Hope you will enjoy spending time with us.

10 minutes ago, Elna57 said:

I immediately thought, oh well, there goes my blood pressure and my heart rate. :lol:

@Elna57 you are so funny!!!!!  I think i would have had a heart attack if my doctor doing my medical was young and handsome!!!!!! Thankfully i had an elder gentleman doctor!!!! My blood pressure was being protected!!!!!! Ha Ha!!!!! :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elza said:

@Elna57 you are so funny!!!!!  I think i would have had a heart attack if my doctor doing my medical was young and handsome!!!!!! Thankfully i had an elder gentleman doctor!!!! My blood pressure was being protected!!!!!! Ha Ha!!!!! :lol:

I am telling you, Murphy has something against me and I haven't ever even met him! If something can happen, it will always happen to me. :lol: Makes for exciting surprises but boy, causes a lot of stress as well. I couldn't keep my eyes off my doc and on top of his looks, he is such a nice young man with a great personality. My husband sat there watching me whilst I was giggling and fluttering my eyelashes and do things that I did not know I remembered from being a teenager. :D Of course I can't remember much of what was being discussed and husband had to tell me all about it on our way home. Must admit, husband did not take offence that I was blown away by such awesomeness. ( His blood pressure was unusually high during the examination himself) :lol:

• Haha 1

@Marchhawker

Oh wow, CONGRATS!! What a fantastic week this turned out to be.

:ilikeit::yourock:

• Like 3

Name Date Lodged Meds etc req Meds done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted😊 Destination
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017       May 2017 14 Jun 2017 3 Jul 2017 13 Jul 2017  
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017 20 Jun 2016 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16 12 Apr 17   31 May 2017 2 Jun 2017  
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017 25 Aug 2017 30 Jun 2017 25 Aug 2017 27 Aug 2017 Brisbane
melbourne3000 22 Dec 2014 8 Oct 2017   23 Sep 2017 8 Oct 2017 26 Oct 2017   8 Nov 2017 14 Nov 2017  
Elza 10 Feb 2015 11 Nov 2017 14 Nov 2017 13 Nov 2017 6 Nov 2017         Perth
Elna57 25 Feb 2015 22 Nov 2017 23 Nov 2017 23 Nov 2017           Brisbane
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015 24 Nov 2017   173 visa           Brisbane
TinaH 13 April 2015 10 Oct 2017   6 Nov 2017            
DGT 20 April 2015 12 Oct 2017 15 Oct 2017 13 Oct 2017            
data 9 May 2015                  
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                 Melbourne
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                 Melbourne
JTN 10 Jul 2015                  
Nazmeen 17 Aug 2015                 Sydney
KevinLee 24 Sep 2015                  
Tazzy 9 Oct 2015                  
JIG 1 Nov 2015                  
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                 Perth
gsb733 Nov 2015                  
Robyn2259 Jan 2016                  
Jarryd13 Jun 2016                 Brisbane
PatPar Nov 2016                  
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016                  
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, KevinLee said:

@KevinLee  that would be totally awesome.  Fingers and toes crossed big time!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Renee said:

Hi. I'm new to the forum. Does anyone have info on the 173 visa vs the 143 visa and the time getting the 173 to the143?

Rene .Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elna57 said:

@Dirkz

Thank you so much for still popping in and caring about us. And as always, for your good advice.

We are considering going to Aus whilst our visas are being decided. Should we , for some obscure reason, then not get our visas, we would have at least spent some retirement time in Aus with our son whereas previously, we could only stay for a month or less because of work issues.

Any advice there?

We will of course tell Border about our exact intentions as per Unaccompanied personal effects form which has to accompany our Movecube.

@Elna57

If you can not wait any longer and have to be there for Christmas, you can do what you intend to do.

As far as I know the movers can send your cube or container without any visa grant, as long as you have the visa before it reaches the Aus shores. In our case we were promised a 6 weeks travel time, but due to rough seas and transferring the container to another ship in Sydney, our's only arrived in Brisbane some 11 weeks after leaving SA. So you can travel and send your cube off. You should have your visa before it arrives (if you don't get delayed with the AOS acceptance).

If by any chance your visa is declined (which I haven't heard of yet) and your cube arrives in Aus, they will send it back and you need to pay for the return trip. 

Once your CO gets in contact with you, you will have direct communication with him/her and can easily arrange to fly out of Aus with your visitors visa, have your PR visa granted and then return on your new visa and activate your Permanent Residency. As long as you keep an eye on your emails wherever you are.

The only disadvantage of the latter situation is the extra expense of traveling out of Aus again, but that's a small price to pay in your situation.

@Marchhawker So glad for you! Now you're also in the final stretch :)

• Thanks 2

Just in case someone is planning to leave Aus for a few days while waiting for finalization , take note that NZ is no longer best option as S Africans now need a Visa to enter NZ.

Better to go to Bali. Nice an cheap  too.:D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Dirkz

Thanks for the info and the heads up. We are willing to take risks now that we are almost retirees. :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Onthemove said:

Good morning roomies 

Allow me to share some (hopefully) good feedback:

On enquiring I was informed shut down periods are from 22 Dec to 08 Jan (18 days both dates inclusive).  Luckily not longer :D  

@Onthemove~ you mean immi office right? 

I just wanted to say that to all of the parents taking this journey to join their kids in Australia - I think you all are freaking awesome!

I'm massively jealous too of the families that get to have their parents / grandparents living with them in their new home.

• Like 3

Thanks, everyone! We are in complete shock! Wasn't expecting an email for another month! Especially after only moving a day in today's immigration update emails. 

For those who like to check for updates, immigration update there emails at 11:30 am (Aus time brisbane / 3:30am SA time) on a Friday! (tip for all the new reader who read this in the future! ;) ) 

We should have everything done by next week (hopefully and will keep you updated). 

it will be interesting to see how different the 173 visa approval Process is, I don't think we've had one on the thread. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TinaH said:

@Onthemove~ you mean immi office right? 

@TinaH    i would say yes, as my son works for a Victoria State owned organisation and those are their shut down dates.  They re-open on 8 Jan.   I can't imagine them not being in line with the rest of country.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nannandbaz said:

Hi Roomies, a big thank you for all the feedback @DGT, @On the move, @Marchhawker, @Dirkz...greatly appreciated and gives us a lot of encouragement.......by the way @Onthemove we are watching you......every step of the way!!!:)

@Nannandbaz   coincidence, that we're also both heading for Melbourne!  Watching this space will become verry interesting ..... :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marchhawker said:

We've had contact!!!! Update the spreadsheet @Elna57 !!!!!! 

@Marchhawker  totally thrilled for you.  Good wishes for plain sailing the rest of the way ! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TinaH said:

shut down periods are from 22 Dec to 08 Jan

Wow! @TinaH are you very sure about these dates, sorry but just asking as my son in Perth was told  they close only the one week between Christmas and New Year? 😟

• Like 1

@Marchhawker!!!!!! Congratulations!! Everything is moving on so nicely :rolleyes::ilikeit: such wonderful  news!!!!

• Like 2

@Elza  These dates were provided by my son; they are the shut down dates for the Victoria State owned organization he is with (22 Dec - 8 Jan).  It may be that these dates are different to other government departments, but personally I think they are very similar if not the same. 

If anyone has different dates, please share :) 

Apologies for any confusion :(

• Like 2