Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

5 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Good morning Roomies!!! 

FINALLY got request for docs, medicals etc this morning. Yay!!!

I was spot on with my date. :D

@Elza booking my ticket .... we are going to party tonight girl. LOL.

Thank you to all roomies for all your support.

Wooooohooooo 

That is the best news! Congratulations!! 

PARTY!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DGT said:

Sorry,but I definitely did not ad these mojies . I am so embarrassed. !!!

I quite love them. They add some colour and flavour. :lol:

• Like 1

@Marchhawker Let's wait for the update on Friday then I will guess your day. This is quite fun. :D

• Like 1

Guys, can you believe it? I called Centerlink this morning and after waiting for almost 1 hour, I’ve got someone answered even though I have tried to call them for the past 3 days.

They said due to the increased amount of Contributory Visa, the processing time may take a bit longer, we looking around 8 weeks. So I lodged on 6th Nov, I’m expecting a call for interview in early January. I’m going holiday and won’t come back till the 6th Jan. Hopefully i’ll get the call by then. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@TinaH

I only received the request this morning. My son will start the AOS early tomorrow and we will submit our Police clearances and form 80s asap as well as arrange for medicals. I will update chart a little later when I have gathered my wits. So excited I can hardly contain myself.  We have waited so long for this. I cried like a little baby when my son sent the email through. 

@Elna57~ Have you received the pre requested document email like me and DGT @DGT. I noticed you submitted the application on 25 Feb 2015, I assumed they have sent you an email to request the additional documents prior to your lodgement date? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@TinaH

In my letter it states specifically that you will slow down the AOS process and I quote : " Contact should not be made with Centrelink for progress updates as this will delay the processing of the application. Centrelink will contact the assurer."

Hope that helps.

Just be patient and have faith. 

@Elna57 hahaha I know they asked us not to contact but  I did it anyways, just to make sure they have received my application coz I checked on my centerlink online account and didn't see any records of submission.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Good morning Roomies!!! 

FINALLY got request for docs, medicals etc this morning. Yay!!!

I was spot on with my date. :D

@Elza booking my ticket .... we are going to party tonight girl. LOL.

Thank you to all roomies for all your support.

@Elna57 

CONGRATZ!!!! :)

Pls remember to update us of what happens. Ta.

• Like 1

Hi Roomies,

We have been following the forum.......and all the  roomies who are waiting patiently - ..we share all the anxiety and build up of receiving "those" documents....and we are watching @DGT  @data @onthemove and know we are next on the list (even though there are probably a couple of hundred in between)(yay).....and yes it is nerve wracking ---------but PLEASE  do not do what we did.

We applied in 2012 and were contacted in 2013 (approx. 18 months) requesting all documentation etc etc.

We were in Aus at the time and had a round table with our 2 daughters and families (all living in Melbourne) and we informed them we could not afford the move and that we were withdrawing our application.....we got cold feet.

It is a decision we regret  - and know we made a huge mistake.

The build up  - the anxiety - the fear of the unknown - the" what if's" and the" buts"really got to us......we were scared to take the final step....how short sighted were we!!

So, we are now on round 2 - once on the emotional rollercoaster was not enough for us!

Please persevere and do not make any rash decisions that you may regret. Our decision in June 2015 to reapply, is cast in stone...now our children and grandchildren anxiously await our arrival with PR. However, we leave tomorrow for a 3 month visit and hope to obtain even more detailed clarity on this new journey in our lives.

Hang in there - we will all get there eventually.

Do not know if we would be notified to start preparing our docs while we are in Aus...any predictions at this stage?

Will be following forum in Aus.

Nannandbaz....Nanna being granny Helen and Baz being grandpa Basil

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 04/04/2017 at 11:54 PM, Elna57 said:

Hi Guys and Gals.

I am trying to establish a new thread just for us Roomies to communicate and share our experiences without flooding Orphan's thread "NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information".

I have no idea whether I am doing this right but I guess we will soon find out. :unsure:

As soon as I have a couple of replies, I will post our updated waiting list and we can keep up to date right here.

Hope to hear from some roomies soon.

Regards

Elna

Hi. I'm new to the forum. Does anyone have info on the 173 visa vs the 143 visa and the time getting the 173 to the143?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nannandbaz said:

Hi Roomies, Our decision in June 2015 to reapply, is cast in stone...now our children and grandchildren anxiously await our arrival with PR. However, we leave tomorrow for a 3 month visit and hope to obtain even more detailed clarity on this new journey in our lives.

Do not know if we would be notified to start preparing our docs while we are in Aus...any predictions at this stage?

Your decision to withdraw must have been a very difficult one at the time. I really feel for you and I am sure that this time  your visit will be filled with joy.

I am in Perth with my children right now. also visiting until end Jan 2018. So I know exactly what is going through your mind regarding further notifications etc. from PVC.

Assume that you are also going to fall under the "new" system as @TinaH and I did. If that is so then ,since your Lodgment date ( 25 June 15 )is approx. two months after mine .(20 Apr 2015), you can assume that you might be contacted approx. two months after me (12 Oct 2017)  which is approx. 20 Dec 2017....But PVC is closed. So it is possible that you get contacted somewhere in Jan 2018.

1) The only real problem you could have while out of SA is your Police Clearance. If you have not done it yet, I would do it immediately and arrange for the courier to send it to someone in SA,once it is ready.

It can take approx. 2 to 4 weeks (mine took 2 weeks). If necessary they can courier it to you in Aus.

If you have already done the PC ,remember to take the originals with you now. It is much easier to get them to PVC from within Aus than from SA.

2) It is possible to do your medicals in Australia.

3) Form 80.  Try to do Form 80 before you go as some info might not be at hand in Australia. Save the signed forms in pdf format before you leave and send them to your son to keep so long.

4) AOS  can all be done in Aus.

If you simply do not have the time to do the Police Clearance  before you leave and you would also  rather do the Medicals in SA, then remember that you can wait until you are back in SA because you will not be governed by the 28 days like the "old " system was.  

3 hours ago, Nannandbaz said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Nannandbaz wow, what a story to share. Thank you 😊 

well, we’re one day apart on our group list and all eyes are on each other’s timeline. 

Let’s hope @DGT‘s calculator is spot on and that we both get contacted just before Christmas or soon thereafter. They might just get a spurt of urgency and send us their letter before their year-end closure. What a thing that would be!! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Renee said:

Hi. I'm new to the forum. Does anyone have info on the 173 visa vs the 143 visa and the time getting the 173 to the143?

We are on the 173 and I believe the only difference is we don't require an AOS which I assume means our visa gets approved quicker. 

If you have the funds I would apply for the 143, after being in the waiting room for near three years what an extra eight weeks to have permanent residency! You also lock in the visa fee at the time of applying. 

Once the visa is approved, we have two years to apply for the second part of the visa and pay the AOS and the second fee of the visa. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nannandbaz said:

Hi Roomies,

We have been following the forum.......and all the  roomies who are waiting patiently - ..we share all the anxiety and build up of receiving "those" documents....and we are watching @DGT  @data @onthemove and know we are next on the list (even though there are probably a couple of hundred in between)(yay).....and yes it is nerve wracking ---------but PLEASE  do not do what we did.

We applied in 2012 and were contacted in 2013 (approx. 18 months) requesting all documentation etc etc.

We were in Aus at the time and had a round table with our 2 daughters and families (all living in Melbourne) and we informed them we could not afford the move and that we were withdrawing our application.....we got cold feet.

It is a decision we regret  - and know we made a huge mistake.

The build up  - the anxiety - the fear of the unknown - the" what if's" and the" buts"really got to us......we were scared to take the final step....how short sighted were we!!

So, we are now on round 2 - once on the emotional rollercoaster was not enough for us!

Please persevere and do not make any rash decisions that you may regret. Our decision in June 2015 to reapply, is cast in stone...now our children and grandchildren anxiously await our arrival with PR. However, we leave tomorrow for a 3 month visit and hope to obtain even more detailed clarity on this new journey in our lives.

You can do all you documents in Australia and medicals. The CO will tell you they are ready to request second payment, you need to leave the country (approximately 3 days) then they will grant the visa when you've left and you can return as a permanent visa holder. 

Most people go to Bali or New Zealand for a long weekend. 

Immigration are very flexible and understand people are already here seeing family. :) Just let them know, when they ask you to prepare documentation :) 

Good luck and you have got this. We are all here for you. 

Edited by Marchhawker
  • Like 1

@Elna57 I’m so glad for you that the suspence has ended. It’s not the end yet but at least now you’re in the finishing line.

Concerning the roomies visiting their families in Australia while expecting their email to prepare documents, just make sure you apply for your PCC before you go and fill in Form 80. Both these can be saved as pdf files and taken with you to submit by email when requested.  The medicals could be done in Aus or when you get back. The AOS gets done by your assurer in Aus in any case and should be started as soon as you get the email to prepare documents, do medicals and AOS. The AOS takes the longest at this stage (as has been noted a few times already on this thread).

When you receive that email to prepare docs, etc, you won’t have a CO yet. It states in that email that the next contact from PVC will be from your CO requesting those documents. That is when your application is then getting assessed. And only then can you start corresponding directly with your own CO sorting out possible obstacles like being onshore (in Aus) when the visa is issued. I found our CO very nice and accomodating and was really grateful for her help.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations Elna - at long last - what a relief it must be. Hope the rest of the journey is smooth.

We in Melbourne at the moment with our families. Such a pleasure able to walk around freely - went to the night Noodles Market and the night Victoria Market - it was awesome. Cannot wait to be here permanently.

Well done on your medicals Elza - another hurdle overcome.

Thank you to all others that are sharing their experiences regarding the Medicals / PCC / AOS etc - very helpful

• Like 2

Good morning roomies 

Allow me to share some (hopefully) good feedback:

On enquiring I was informed shut down periods are from 22 Dec to 08 Jan (18 days both dates inclusive).  Luckily not longer :D  

• Like 1

HI Roomies

Went for medicals yesterday. A word of warning to all ladies who still have to go for medicals in Durban, no matter WHAT your age, be prepared to be examined by the most handsome young doctor you have ever seen! I immediately thought, oh well, there goes my blood pressure and my heart rate. :lol:

All in all it was a pleasant experience and the procedure was as @Elza described except for the handsome young doc. The staff, from receptionist to nurse to Xrays were all very friendly and professional.

We paid a bit more than Elza, but we are beyond the point of bargaining. We were being told that we could go home straight after X-rays   so we have no idea about any of our results. Guess we will have to wait and see.

My son also did our AOS application yesterday morning.

I had my form 80 ready but am missing an extra page which I will have to find before I can send that off. (Our desktop crashed a week or so ago)  Police clearances all ready to be sent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Dirkz

Thank you so much for still popping in and caring about us. And as always, for your good advice.

We are considering going to Aus whilst our visas are being decided. Should we , for some obscure reason, then not get our visas, we would have at least spent some retirement time in Aus with our son whereas previously, we could only stay for a month or less because of work issues.

Any advice there?

We will of course tell Border about our exact intentions as per Unaccompanied personal effects form which has to accompany our Movecube.