Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Hi @TinaH welcome to the forum. 

To answer your second question first, the medical is recorded online and you don't get the results personally.

I presume you are doing the application for your parents onshore (location: Australia)? 

If so your timeline could be a bit different, but it seems that the AOS department of Centrelink is a bit overloaded and the AOS Acceptance Letter could take some time to get issued. In the past it was issued to the assurer (posted and later emailed), but lately it seems to be sent to Parent Visa Centre directly and as my CO told me, once a week.

It took 4 months to get our AOS Acceptance Letter from Centrelink although they approved it in principle shortly after my son finalized the application. It was a real pain in the neck towards the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Dirkz  Thank you!

I've done and lodged the application for my parent in Australia. The AOS process is a pain as I heard. I've received email from PVC on 10th October but I had to wait till I've received my Notice of Assessment for my tax return in order to submit the application. It's been 2 weeks already and I haven't heard anything from Centerlink yet. So I assume now I just have to wait for Centerlink to call me for interview before I pay the bond? I'm looking forward to end of December when my application will get allocated to CO. 

Wait and wait and wait. I heard my friend who did for her parents 2-3 years ago said it was less than 1 year for parents visa granted. I've been waiting for more than 2.5 years already. T.T and still waiting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TinaH said:

@Dirkz  Thank you!

I've done and lodged the application for my parent in Australia. The AOS process is a pain as I heard. I've received email from PVC on 10th October but I had to wait till I've received my Notice of Assessment for my tax return in order to submit the application. It's been 2 weeks already and I haven't heard anything from Centerlink yet. So I assume now I just have to wait for Centerlink to call me for interview before I pay the bond? I'm looking forward to end of December when my application will get allocated to CO. 

Wait and wait and wait. I heard my friend who did for her parents 2-3 years ago said it was less than 1 year for parents visa granted. I've been waiting for more than 2.5 years already. T.T and still waiting.

Application lodged 13th April 2015

Additional docs requested 10th Oct 2017

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TinaH said:

The most painful one is AOS. I submitted it on  6th November but still haven't heard anything from Centerlink. Do you guys know how long does it usually take? I read some comments from other roomies there are different time frame 4 weeks, 1 month, 2 months. So I guess it's between 4 weeks to 8 weeks?

@TinaH welcome to the group!!! I really do like your question, as i too am wondering and have looked at different time frames.  I remember @melbourne3000 talking about linking your mygov account with Centerlink as she go an email sent first and only later got the documents....  So i am looking at, like you say 4 - 8 weeks!!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TinaH said:

@Dirkz  Thank you!

@TinaH

I am of the opinion that you are in the same posision as I.My Lodgement date is 20 April 2015 and I was also invited to prepare all the outstanding docs... Way before I expected it.

On 22 Oct 2017 I wrote:

I think all of us after (approx. 20 April 2015)) my lodgment date,  will be         "offered the opportunity to commence preparing some of the documents and checks ahead of assessment in order to streamline the processing of their application" (Quote from the letter from PVC.):)

This certainly makes it far less stressful, not having to perform all these things under pressure at the very end.!

It does however, not  mean that we will get assessed out of turn. It would have been great if this new system had been  implemented long ago.

My AOS was submitted on 13 Oct 2017 and we have heard nothing yet. I am further of the opinion that we will not be ASSESSED out of turn even if all our Documents are all received by PVC.my Letter said that they will be kept on file until needed.

See Excerpt from the letter:

-       Please retain scanned copies of all requested documents and submit at the one time when they are all ready. The information will be stored on the visa record until assessment of the visa application takes place.  This will be our next contact with you.

-       If your application is assessed by a case officer before all of the documents are available please then submit the documents as they become available.

I think that I will only hear from PVC  around Feb,March 2018.

@TinaH please can you lcheck on your letter from PVC  after   " NEXT STEPS  "    whether you have the same wording as mine?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi fellow roomies,

The wait is nail-biting;  even worse for those who've already submitted requested documentation or are on the brink of doing so and still no contact.  I'm over 4 months away from my lodgement date and am feeling every bit of anxiety with you guys and gals. We have got to hang in there, stay focused and positive, come hell or high water!

• Like 1

Good morning Roomies!!! 

FINALLY got request for docs, medicals etc this morning. Yay!!!

I was spot on with my date. :D

@Elza booking my ticket .... we are going to party tonight girl. LOL.

Thank you to all roomies for all your support.

• Like 6

@DGT

Once I get over my excitement I will check the wording on our request for you and let you know.

4 minutes ago, Elna57 said:

Good morning Roomies!!! 

@Elna57 I'm so happy for you!, amazing feeling right!! Not long now to wait!! So so very cool!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@TinaH

Welcome. Hope you will enjoy your stay.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DGT said:

@TinaH

I am of the opinion that you are in the same posision as I.My Lodgement date is 20 April 2015 and I was also invited to prepare all the outstanding docs... Way before I expected it.

On 22 Oct 2017 I wrote:

I think all of us after (approx. 20 April 2015)) my lodgment date,  will be         "offered the opportunity to commence preparing some of the documents and checks ahead of assessment in order to streamline the processing of their application" (Quote from the letter from PVC.):)

This certainly makes it far less stressful, not having to perform all these things under pressure at the very end.!

It does however, not  mean that we will get assessed out of turn. It would have been great if this new system had been  implemented long ago.

My AOS was submitted on 13 Oct 2017 and we have heard nothing yet. I am further of the opinion that we will not be ASSESSED out of turn even if all our Documents are all received by PVC.my Letter said that they will be kept on file until needed.

-       Please retain scanned copies of all requested documents and submit at the one time when they are all ready. The information will be stored on the visa record until assessment of the visa application takes place.  This will be our next contact with you.

-       If your application is assessed by a case officer before all of the documents are available please then submit the documents as they become available.

@TinaH please can you lcheck on your letter from PVC  after   " NEXT STEPS  "    whether you have the same wording as mine?

@DGT~ Yes, the wording are exactly same. Regarding the AOS, do you think it's good to follow up with Centerlink? After I submitted online on Centerlink website, I checked back the history but couldn't see my uploaded file. I don't know what is going on. 

• Like 1

@TinaH

In my letter it states specifically that you will slow down the AOS process and I quote : " Contact should not be made with Centrelink for progress updates as this will delay the processing of the application. Centrelink will contact the assurer."

Hope that helps.

Just be patient and have faith. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DGT said:

@TinaH

On 22 Oct 2017 I wrote:

@DGT

Indeed the wording is different. We have 28 days within which to supply our documents etc. 

1 hour ago, TinaH said:

@Elna57~ have you done your AOS yet? I looked at the chart, it seems like they didn't ask you to prepare additional documents?

@TinaH

I only received the request this morning. My son will start the AOS early tomorrow and we will submit our Police clearances and form 80s asap as well as arrange for medicals. I will update chart a little later when I have gathered my wits. So excited I can hardly contain myself.  We have waited so long for this. I cried like a little baby when my son sent the email through. 

• Like 2

Name Date Lodged Meds etc req Meds done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted😊 Destination
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017       May 2017 14 Jun 2017 3 Jul 2017 13 Jul 2017  
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017 20 Jun 2016 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16 12 Apr 17   31 May 2017 2 Jun 2017  
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017 25 Aug 2017 30 Jun 2017 25 Aug 2017 27 Aug 2017 Brisbane
melbourne3000 22 Dec 2014 8 Oct 2017   23 Sep 2017 8 Oct 2017 26 Oct 2017   8 Nov 2017 14 Nov 2017  
Elza 10 Feb 2015 11 Nov 2017 14 Nov 2017 13 Nov 2017 6 Nov 2017         Perth
Elna57 25 Feb 2015 22 Nov 2017               Brisbane
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015     173 visa           Brisbane
DGT 20 April 2015 12 Oct 2017 15 Oct 2017 13 Oct 2017            
data 9 May 2015                  
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                 Melbourne
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                 Melbourne
JTN 10 Jul 2015                  
Nazmeen 17 Aug 2015                 Sydney
KevinLee 24 Sep 2015                  
Tazzy 9 Oct 2015                  
JIG 1 Nov 2015                  
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                 Perth
gsb733 Nov 2015                  
Robyn2259 Jan 2016                  
Jarryd13 Jun 2016                 Brisbane
PatPar Nov 2016                  
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016                  

• Like 1

@TinaH

If you want me add your parents to the list, kindly supply exact dates.

@Marchhawker

Look at that! Can you believe it.

19 hours ago, TinaH said:

@Dirkz  Thank you!

@TinaH Just to clarify the AOS process and maybe help you. It's not clear in your posts how you did the application for AOS. According to how I understand the process works, you should get all the relevant papers and documents which are required for the AOS application and then make an appointment at a Centrelink branch to see the person in charge of doing the AOS and hand it in with them. They will check if all relevant documents are included. Then they will properly go through the documents in their time and promise to contact you in the next week or two for a telephonic interview to "assess" you and confirm the application for AOS. Once they have had the telephonic conversation with you, they will in the next week or two email you the Approval Letter with relevant detail and instructions  to pay the bond at a Commonwealth Bank. The bank needs that letter from Centrelink for you to pay the bond. You then have to take the proof of bond payment bank letter back to Centrelink and only then will your AOS application be sent to Canberra or wherever the main AOS offices are for assessment. That may then take anything between two and 10 weeks. Once your AOS application has been accepted, you will get an AOS Acceptance Letter from Centrelink (probably by email) and your case officer will also be sent the same email.

Because they took so long to send my son the AOS Acceptance Letter, he did go into Centrelink and the kind lady there logged into the system and confirmed that his Application was approved and with AOS for acceptance. Then we knew that all was ok and we just had to wait it out. When our CO asked for it and we still didn't have it after the allocated 28 days after been asked for it, the CO contacted AOS and eventually got that dreaded Acceptance Letter straight from them. 

Only after you get that AOS Acceptance Letter and your CO has it, will you be asked to pay the 2nd VAC and the visa granted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Good morning Roomies!!! 

@Elna57.Well done.I am truly  happy for you. I know that this means a lot to you. I am sure that the rest of the process will be much asier for you and I hope that you will be assessed SOON.!

By the way, your request on 19 Sept 2017, for me to estimate when  you will be contacted ,was also pretty close?  At the time I estimated that  the soonest was 9 Nov 2017 and the latest 7 Dec 2017 ..exactly in the middle.  LOL !......Had to get that in.:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TinaH said:

@DGT~ Yes, the wording are exactly same. Regarding the AOS, do you think it's good to follow up with Centerlink? After I submitted online on Centerlink website, I checked back the history but couldn't see my uploaded file. I don't know what is going on. 

@TinaH

Please see @Dirkz reply to your question on AOS.I would follow his and also @Elna57 remarks (see above) about AOS today

• Like 1