Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

@melbourne3000 OH wow! Congrats!

Now that calls for an update. 

• Like 2

@melbourne3000 congratulations! I can just imagine how your parents feel! Truth be told, I shed a little tear when I read your message.....😂😂

• Like 2

Sorry folks. 

Edited by Elna57
Error

8 hours ago, melbourne3000 said:

hi to everyone.

all lads and ladies 

today about 1500 hrs melbourne time. i received email saying visa is granted.  i chuck sickie at wrk and deliver the news on video call to my parents. my mum started crying. we waited soo long. i can't wait. thus is going to be my first Christmas in 9 years. 

hope all of guys get their happy happy news soon too. ciao

Congratulations that is fantastic news! 

Enjoy every moment :) 

• Like 2

Name Date Lodged Meds etc req Meds done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted😊 Destination
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017       May 2017 14 Jun 2017 3 Jul 2017 13 Jul 2017  
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017 20 Jun 2016 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16 12 Apr 17   31 May 2017 2 Jun 2017  
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017 25 Aug 2017 30 Jun 2017 25 Aug 2017 27 Aug 2017  
melbourne3000 22 Dec 2014 8 Oct 2017   23 Sep 2017 8 Oct 2017 26 Oct 2017   8 Nov 2017 14 Nov 2017  
Elza 10 Feb 2015 11 Nov 2017 14 Nov 2017 13 Nov 2017 6 Nov 2017         Perth
Elna57 25 Feb 2015                 Brisbane
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015     173 visa           Brisbane
DGT 20 April 2015 12 Oct 2017 15 Oct 2017 13 Oct 2017            
data 9 May 2015                  
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                 Melbourne
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                 Melbourne
JTN 10 Jul 2015                  
Nazmeen 17 Aug 2015                 Sydney
KevinLee 24 Sep 2015                  
Tazzy 9 Oct 2015                  
JIG 1 Nov 2015                  
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                 Perth
gsb733 Nov 2015                  
Robyn2259 Jan 2016                  
Jarryd13 Jun 2016                 Brisbane
PatPar Nov 2016                  
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016                  

@Marchhawker   This is sooo COOL :rolleyes:  Simply magic 

@Elna57   D-day has arrived!  Hope you’ll receive that elusive letter - it’s imminent now 

• Like 2

On 10/17/2017 at 2:05 PM, Onthemove said:

Medical Examination (501)

HIV test (707)

Chest x-ray (502)

I made my appointment for my Medical for Wednesday 15th November.  I did mine at the Rosebank Clinic.

My plan was to do the x-rays first and then the medical, however on my way to the clinic the doctors rooms phoned and asked if i could come early and before the x-rays. Moving my appointment up by almost two hours.

I had my documents, photos, passport everything with me and completed.  I has also prior gone into the E Medical site on the internet, logged in with my HAP number and name and completed the information, which i noticed was a document the doctor had during the medical, so i guess this did help to speed things up.

I was given three forms to sign when i arrived, just general information forms, then was directed to a room to do eye test.  The nurse took my photo, took some blood and did the urine sample and then return to the waiting room.  A few minutes later another the doctor called me. He ran through the document i recognised from the internet, basically my medical history. The whole examination was done in a few minutes, doctor was really nice, explaining what was needed and in the end he told me all was fine and that he'd given my an A+.  Medical finished at 14:30.

I went over the road to the x-ray department, was served immediately.  Completed some forms, handed in my passport and pictures then waited a few minutes.  Was called in, took my photos as well and then in a few minutes the x-rays were done, I was asked to wait for the doctor to check, almost immediately she returned and said the doctor says everything is fine. So i was done! Completed by 15:30!

Even though i had completed the Form 26 Medical and Form 160 X-ray, no body asked or looked at either of the forms.

I paid R900.00 for the Medical and R880.00 for the x-rays.  The nurse put the HIV test onto my medical aid!

I am so relieved it's all done, I had no idea how stressed I was until I got home that evening, then everything in me just collapsed!

In one way it's nice i'm doing this alone because there is only one person stuff to do, however, it's emotionally draining because i'm so alone in the process, that is why when i found this forum i was so very happy!!  I now have people to share my experience with and to advise me on my steps to take!!

Thank you to each and everyone of you, just for being there, being part of the group!!! For making my journey lighter and easier!!

Edited by Elza
  • Like 4

@Elna57 I am so happy for you, its your date!! My date for you stands, next week Friday, they will contact you!!!

YYYYaaaaaaaaYYYYYYYY!!!! Guys we are moving!!!

It's finally starting to become real!!!!!

• Like 2

@DGT Please don't think me nosy or anything, but  I see you submitted your AoS on the 13 October, and was wondering if you have heard anything from them yet?  I was just trying to see what the average time is from Submission to approval, but it seems to be so all over the place, 11 days, 4 months and the other 1 month!!  Hence my wondering about your submission.....

• Like 1

@Elza   well done on the medicals and appreciate the feedback :)  I believe we need 2 photos: 1 for the medical and 1 for the x-ray.  Is that so? 

Fully understand how you felt after completing the medicals; the tension and anticipation is enormous.  Though both my sons support me as far as possible, morally and otherwise (bless their hearts!) I too am alone running the "gauntlet" so to speak.  Being told to chill and be patient and actually feeling that way, are two very different aspects.

Only going forward for you now - bestest of luck @Elza.  Shouldn't be long now before your visa is granted !!  Happy dance all the way to Perth :jester:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Elza said:

@DGT Please don't think me nosy or anything, but  I see you submitted your AoS on the 13 October, and was wondering if you have heard anything from them yet?  I was just trying to see what the average time is from Submission to approval, but it seems to be so all over the place, 11 days, 4 months and the other 1 month!!  Hence my wondering about your submission.....

You are not nosy at all.This what this forum is all about Elza.

We have heard nothing from Centrelink yet and  according to those before us,there is nothing that we can do but wait.I am bargaining on 4 to 6 weeks......As @Dirkz says ,this is the one issue that can sometimes be a holdup.:mellow:

I shall advise the minute there is movement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Elza     pardon my total laziness at the moment. Please let us have the link to the E Medical site, if possible  :blush:   thanks a bucket in advance

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Onthemove said:

I believe we need 2 photos: 1 for the medical and 1 for the x-ray.  Is that so?

@Onthemove you are correct, i gave a photo to each however they also took my photo as well.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2017 at 10:02 AM, Onthemove said:

Please let us have the link to the E Medical site, if possible

@Onthemove

The link for the E medical site is as follows:  https://www.emedical.immi.gov.au/eMedUI/eMedicalClient  You just need your HAP number to login. 

Edited by Elza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Marchhawker said:

@Elna57 how was your Monday? Not long now :)

@Marchhawker@Elna57 My date for you Elna is still Friday 24th !!!!!!!

• Like 1

@Elza  thanks for the link; appreciate it.  I think you could well be right about @Elna57  receiving her letter this week Friday.   Positive thoughts :)

• Like 1

Hey there Roomies.

Sorry I have been a bad roomie lately. The move was ok. Kitty cat all happy. But we are still battling to get rid of house insurance etc. They are so quick to sign one up but when one needs to cancel they drag their feet. So much red tape. Had to go back to bank 3 times to get change of address right. 

Thank you all for wishing me this Friday. I am hoping Wednesday. Don't know why.  But Friday would be good as well. 

You all have yourselves a great week and stay safe.

@JaneandGraham

Also a voice from the past.  We used Animal Travel (Shirley-Ann - Cape Town) to help get our dachshund across with us.  They were very professional and efficient every step of the way.  My dachshund had had major back surgery 2 months before she travelled and they were very accommodating.  She has settled into life in Sydney as if she had been born here.

Just an update to the remaining roomies, hang in there your turn will be next, let me assure you that the move is very stressful but once you arrive in this beautiful country, your stress fades away like a distant dream.  I have to pinch myself when travelling on public transport and going over the Sydney Harbour Bridge thinking maybe it's a dream.

• Like 1

Hello guys, 

I'm new to this group. Thank you Orphan and Elena for creating this fantastic group. I really enjoy reading it. 

I submitted my application for my parents in April 2015 and got the email from immi  4 weeks ago to prepare additional documents such as AOS, Police Clearance, Form 80 and Medical check.

Police Check, Form 80 and Medical --> Done

The most painful one is AOS. I submitted it on  6th November but still haven't heard anything from Centerlink. Do you guys know how long does it usually take? I read some comments from other roomies there are different time frame 4 weeks, 1 month, 2 months. So I guess it's between 4 weeks to 8 weeks?

Thank you.

• Like 1