Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

@Elza woke up to this truly great news!! Wish you smooth sailing. We're also Perth bound - so keep contact and hopefully we can get together near the end of 2018:D

• Like 3

Hi Elza, congratulations - the wait is over at long last.

You said that your lucky date is 9th - well close enough, taking into account that it is a leap year.

Hope all goes well from here on - good luck.

Elna , any day now for you as well, choose a lucky date like Elza. Best wishes

• Like 3

@Elza...what wonderful news...we are very happy for you...hopefully we will know how you are feeling in a couple of months time. Our excitement is building up just knowing we are visiting our families in 2 weeks time (for 3 months) ..and that excitement is huge enough.....let alone an official notification. ....@Elna57...hang in there Elna...thinking of you!!

• Like 2

@Elza....Patience has paid off. We are happy to know things are moving for you.  Best of luck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Elza Wow, what a relieve.

I’m so glad for you and also wish you smooth sailing for the rest of the process. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Elza said:

Finally got my email from PVC yesterday!

Medical is booked in joburg for Wednesday

Police Clearance already issued 06.11.2017.

My son called center link but they were closed yesterday so he will call them on Monday to organise the AoS.

I actually got the email straight from them, they had sent it through to the previous agent employee who no longer worked  there and as it just bouncing back they email it direct to me. So we were asked to completed a form 956 to appoint another agent.  Strangely enough  on Monday our  new agent after my son's queries apparently did complete and forward this form! Well I guess not everything is a well oiled machine, errors do occur!

The important thing is that according to the email, as soon and the ex agent did not reply, like the same day, they sent it to me, so no days were lost 8n the communication.

So I guess I am entering the next leg of my adventure!!!!

@Elza I am so please that you are finally out of the starting blocks. Well done .Your  'case" was not an easy one to endure and I am pleased the email issues were quickly resolved.

Good luck with the outstanding issues.:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JTN said:

By the way Elna, another one to commence chalking up - things are hotting up

Chalking in, chalking in .... will post when GRANTED! chalked in. :D

A voice from the past.......

Congratulations and best wishes to Elza.

Dirk, I am pleased to read that you are well settled and enjoying your new life and thank you for your ongoing input and advice to those in waiting.

Elna, I am pleased to see that your ‘long haul flight’ is almost over - the destination column for us is Noosa, Queensland.

I am still spending time in South Africa sorting out a few business issues and will be making the final move within the next six months.

There is a lot to read here - I respectfully ask if anyone has made arrangements to relocate their pets. Our two dachshunds do not want to be left behind. Any advice would be appreciated.

Best regards to all,

Graham Ross.

• Like 2

@JaneandGraham

I wish! But I am being very patient and pray a lot. 

We are taking our Kitty cat to Aus. The processes are quite similar for dogs and cats.

First, you need to have your doggies microchipped asap if they haven't already been microchipped because the microchip number will have to be recorded on all paperwork from then on. 

Then they will need rabies vacs and a couple weeks later blood drawn by your local vet and sent to Onderstepoort for the RNATT results. Once you have the results back, you then take that to the State vet who will sign and stamp the tests. 

A step by step guide with timelines can be found here : http://www.agriculture.gov.au/cats-dogs/step-by-step-guides/category-3-step-by-step-guide-for-dogs

Other useful links: http://www.agriculture.gov.au/cats-dogs/rabies-neutralising-antibody

http://www.agriculture.gov.au/import/online-services/bicon

The doggies will be flown to Melbourne and will have to spend 10 days in Melbourne in quarantine and 5 days in kennels in SA before export.

There are a couple of pet export companies in SA which one can use to help book flights and do the last couple of days getting the pets ready for export. I am still deciding which company to use. 

To name a few,  Petwings Keringa, Petport. Join the facebook group Dogma. Very useful info there.

Hope this helps. 

@JaneandGraham

Forgot to mention , you have to scroll down to  "The Republic of south Africa" :lol:

Edited by Elna57

@JaneandGraham

Nice to hear from you. Thought you were in the Sunshine Coast already. We haven't take a trip to Noosa yet. Too busy settling.

We also shipped my daughter's yorkie (dog) from PE after they had settled. Had to go through all the tests as Elna has said and fortunately our vet in PE could sign the papers as a state vet. My daughter used Petport and they were very professional. I think they are from Durban. They arranged all the travel flights and pickup at our house. the doggie stayed in Durban a few days and then flew to Sydney where my daughter fetched her after about a week or 10 days. We see the yorkie here all the time.

Well our household stuff was delivered yesterday (after about 10 weeks) and we are unpacking with sore backs and other muscles. 200 boxes are actually more than our townhouse can take. So a few trips to the Recycle Market will be done in the next few days.

Wishing all well in the waiting room :)

• Thanks 1

@Dirkz

Nice to hear all is going so well in Aus. 

Wishing you luck with unpacking. Have a great week.

36 minutes ago, KevinLee said:

Hey Elna, have you received any update from DIBP yet?

@KevinLee

Hi Kevin. Not a word yet. :(:rolleyes:

Waiting patiently though and praying a lot.

Hi everyone!!

My AoS done all documents collected and was handed in this morning 9:00 a.m Australian time... so now I wait....

• Like 2

@Elna57 I think you will get your letter by 24th!!! Isn't this too wonderful and so exiting!! We finally getting to the end!

He, don't you want to update your table with my dates?

:-)  :-)  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Elza said:

@Elna57 I think you will get your letter by 24th!!! Isn't this too wonderful and so exiting!! We finally getting to the end!

He, don't you want to update your table with my dates?

:-)  :-)  

And Melbourne3000! 

I think your guess of the 24th might be right @Elza and I am guessing 16th Dec for us! 

• Like 1

hi to everyone.

all lads and ladies 

today about 1500 hrs melbourne time. i received email saying visa is granted.  i chuck sickie at wrk and deliver the news on video call to my parents. my mum started crying. we waited soo long. i can't wait. thus is going to be my first Christmas in 9 years. 

hope all of guys get their happy happy news soon too. ciao

• Like 4

@Elza  thoughts are with you as you go thru your medicals on Wednesday. Must say, I'll be equally nervous about those; one just never knows what might pop up unexpectedly :huh:

• Like 2

@melbourne3000   what wonderful, wonderful news :excl:  15h00 Melbourne time would have been 06h00 Johannesburg time. I know these times off by heart with my son living in that beautiful city. 

I wish you, your parents and the whole family a wonderous and heartwarming Christmas :santa:  Treasure each moment.

• Like 1

@Elna57 @Marchhawker   soon, very very soon!  Watching 24/11 and 16/12 like a hawk (hahaha). So much anticipation :unsure:

I'm 3 months after you @Marchhawker and so my teeny weeny private wish to receive that letter in December is "Gone with the Wind".  But hey, goal posts are shifted for us all the time, and so I move my little wish to March 2018 (my birth month), by then 33 months in the waiting room.

Keep your spirits up :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elza said:

Hi everyone!!

My AoS done all documents collected and was handed in this morning 9:00 a.m Australian time... so now I wait....

Will update soon @Elza. Thought I might just as well wait for your medicals as well and then post. Let me know when it is all done and dusted.

3 hours ago, melbourne3000 said:

hi to everyone.

all lads and ladies 

today about 1500 hrs melbourne time. i received email saying visa is granted.  i chuck sickie at wrk and deliver the news on video call to my parents. my mum started crying. we waited soo long. i can't wait. thus is going to be my first Christmas in 9 years. 

hope all of guys get their happy happy news soon too. ciao

Great news @melbourne3000. I am sure your parents will enjoy their new adventure in Aus.

• Like 1