Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

11 minutes ago, Elza said:

Okay, so i thought i would just share a little!!!!

After chatting with my son this weekend, he phoned the citizenship line this morning at about 9am and he said there was already like 200 people  in the line waiting!!! I guess there are a lot of people with different questions, concerns etc. So roomies we do not stand alone here!!!!!!!   So, anyway, he called our agent and they have assured us that it's normal and no need for concern that the current date has passed the processing date. The agent is putting together an update for us and oh yes we did ask about the ex-employee email, and apparently they still get her emails coming through to them! So even though she has left the agency all her mail still gets received and answered!!  Good to know!!!!

Have a lovely day further everyone!!!!!!

That's great news, it's amazing how a little reassurance can take the weight off your shoulders. 

Any day now Elza! We are all cheering you on, to hear something! 

@melbourne3000 and @DGT any update on your AOS? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:43 PM, nazmeen said:

I am a junior member. My name is NAZ.    This is not a reply to the above discussion so i am sorry to butt in , but just did not know how to get on the board.                                                                                                                                                                                                      My  Acknowledgement date.     AUGUST 19  2015 .I am located in canada.   I would appreciate if some one on the board can add me to the chart.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Thanks for the very informative discussion board, i have gained a lot of knowledge  regarding  the 143 visa. A must read for anybody applying for that visa.        

Welcome Nazmeen.Yes we all learnt a lot from our predecessors too.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, Marchhawker said:

Hello and welcome newbie,  @Elna57 will add you :) 

Elna do you think it would be a nice idea to add arrival location as a column? For us its Brisbane :) 

We are going to the Fast Pace City of Australia....Perth.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:31 AM, Tazzy said:

Hi Roomies and @Elna57,

I have been following this thread for an while, very informative. My folks are waiting for a 173 visa, lodged 9th October 2015, so if you would add me too. I see DIBP reference the processing time separately now, but they used to have the same time frame. Crossing  fingers for you all that processing moves along at a speedy rate 👍

Thanks

Welcome to you Tazzy.The more fingers crossed the sooner we will get to go to AUS !

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:09 AM, Elna57 said:

Gooooooooooooood morning roomies!!!

All moved out and into rental. nothing unpacked yet. will take it a day at a time. Hoping for a movecube before I need to unpack.(Wishful thinking!!):D

@nazmeen. Welcome to our little crowded room. @Elza wont move her hindy and make space so we will have to sleep on the floor. One gets used to it though. Lol.

I will add you soon. Got to get used to not having Telkom (our local landline and ADSL provider) and working on mobile. It is a bit slow. But at least can stay in touch albeit at snails pace.

You all have yourselves a fantastic week and keep those chins up. 

VASBYT @Elna57.You are nearly there.....Hopefully the 9th Nov is really the lucky day:)

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Elza said:

Okay, so i thought i would just share a little!!!!

After chatting with my son this weekend, he phoned the citizenship line this morning at about 9am and he said there was already like 200 people  in the line waiting!!! I guess there are a lot of people with different questions, concerns etc. So roomies we do not stand alone here!!!!!!!   So, anyway, he called our agent and they have assured us that it's normal and no need for concern that the current date has passed the processing date. The agent is putting together an update for us and oh yes we did ask about the ex-employee email, and apparently they still get her emails coming through to them! So even though she has left the agency all her mail still gets received and answered!!  Good to know!!!!

Have a lovely day further everyone!!!!!!

@Elza Now I also feel much better!!.I am so pleased that the email address thing is out of the way.Now its just all down to patience.Keep smiling.You are almost there.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Marchhawker said:

That's great news, it's amazing how a little reassurance can take the weight off your shoulders. 

Any day now Elza! We are all cheering you on, to hear something! 

@melbourne3000 and @DGT any update on your AOS? 

@Marchhawker.My son visited Centrelink today.We knew that we are not really supposed to request updates from Centerlink ,but he  just popped in anyway to make sure that they could find us on their system...which they could....and now I feel better.I hate it when I cant see that I have actually been "processed". ....Then again, my children say that I am a control freak .....:D

Centrelink says that it is now out of their hands and it could take up to 8 weeks to process.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DGT said:

@Marchhawker.My son visited Centrelink today.We knew that we are not really supposed to request updates from Centerlink ,but he  just popped in anyway to make sure that they could find us on their system...which they could....and now I feel better.I hate it when I cant see that I have actually been "processed". ....Then again, my children say that I am a control freak .....:D

Centrelink says that it is now out of their hands and it could take up to 8 weeks to process.

@DGT That is exactly what happened to us a few months ago. We waited just for our AOS to be approved. One needs to get a Letter of Acceptance from AOS, and it's not Centrelink but a different division doing it. My son did the same as your son and Centrelink told him the same. And then we waited and waited !!! (from April to August)

Hope your's will be processed faster than ours but be very patient if it's not. Good luck :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DGT said:

We are going to the Fast Pace City of Australia....Perth.

@DGT We will have to get together once we're both there!!! Our families must get together and have a BBQ!!! I have so so many school friends who are living in Perth!!!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dirkz said:

@DGT That is exactly what happened to us a few months ago. We waited just for our AOS to be approved. One needs to get a Letter of Acceptance from AOS, and it's not Centrelink but a different division doing it. My son did the same as your son and Centrelink told him the same. And then we waited and waited !!! (from April to August)

Hope your's will be processed faster than ours but be very patient if it's not. Good luck :)

Thanks a lot @Dirkz.

Is there anything that you can recommend my Son should do to prevent a delay?

• Like 1

Nannandbaz

Hi there.

The movecube is a service offered by Seven Seas and came highly recommended on facebook. One can send over single or more boxes OR choose one of three different sizes of movecubes.

.http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/en-za

Thank you for the info @Elna57 - however could be a bit small for what we are hoping to take over. Will be visiting end of this month for a 3 month stay - and will definitely pay a visit to Centrelink.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elza said:

@DGT We will have to get together once we're both there!!! Our families must get together and have a BBQ!!! I have so so many school friends who are living in Perth!!!!

My wife and I would like that Elza.

Are you North or South of Perth?

• Like 1

@DGT i am heading to Clarkson, not sure of North or South??

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DGT said:

Thanks a lot @Dirkz.

@DGT and @Dirkz the times are so different, looking at the spreadsheet of all our dates together @melbourne3000  got email dated 08 October and AoS was approved 26 October, 2 and a half weeks later!!!  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Elza said:

@DGT i am heading to Clarkson, not sure of North or South??

@Elza You are 40 km North and we are  in Madora Bay ,70 km South of Perth.

• Like 2

@Elza and @Elna57  Take heart girls. The anxiousness, and yet anticipation, you are going through is so totally understandable and palpable; I can almost touch it :blush-anim-cl: Hopefully your minds and hearts will soon be soothed !

I'm heading for Melbourne (or anywhere my son is, as long as I can walk or take the bus/tram to visit.  Haven't seen him since 3 Jan 2015,  which is an absolute eternity ago.

On 05/11/2017 at 6:34 AM, Elna57 said:
Name Date Lodged Meds etc req Meds done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted😊 Destination
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017       May 2017 14 Jun 2017 3 Jul 2017 13 Jul 2017  
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017 20 Jun 2016 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16 12 Apr 17   31 May 2017 2 Jun 2017  
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017 25 Aug 2017 30 Jun 2017 25 Aug 2017 27 Aug 2017  
melbourne3000 22 Dec 2014 8 Oct 2017     8 Oct 2017 26 Oct 2017        
Elza 10 Feb 2015                 Perth
Elna57 25 Feb 2015                 Brisbane
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015     173 visa           Brisbane
DGT 20 April 2015 12 Oct 2017 15 Oct 2017 13 Oct 2017            
data 9 May 2015                  
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                 Melbourne
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                  
JTN 10 Jul 2015                  
Nazmeen 1 Aug 2015                  
KevinLee 24 Sep 2015                  
JIG 1 Nov 2015                  
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                  
gsb733 Nov 2015                  
Robyn2259 Jan 2016                  
Jarryd13 Jun 2016                  
PatPar Nov 2016                  
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016                  

• Like 2

alright guys i just confirm about aos

please tell your son to check his mygov account and if he didnt have one please sign up and link to centrelink. because i recieve my aos in 4 weeks. they send me email on mygov account. and yes i didnt recieve letter from centrelink via paper mail yet. but do receive  email about approval. so i guess they are bit faster on email than paper mail. 

Edited by melbourne3000
  • Like 1

at office centrelink staff dont deal with aos. they will just tell you to call 132850 and you will wait for hours to get little info. 

so right time to call is only 9am-9:15am

so mite lookijg waiting period about 35-40 min.

and at first go submit latest two weeks payslips and last two year of tax returns. so process will faster. 

i applied on 23 sep for aos,

by automatic email sent from immi dep.

my CO sent me email for requiring aos on 8 sep.

and approval date for aos written on certificate 26 oct. 

was little delay because i only submit letter from my employer about being employed not my payslips, so i did have to send payslips via fax. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DGT said:

Thanks a lot @Dirkz.

@DGT I hear what Melbourne3000 says and his/her case seems a bit different, maybe because he/she is from West Africa or maybe because they applied onshore?

To answer your question, at the end there was nothing that my son could do to speed up the AOS process. After he checked with Centrelink that his application for AOS was accepted and sent to AOS, we just kept on waiting for that Acceptance Letter from AOS (not from Centrelink) which was holding our visa back.

Just to make it clear regarding the process of doing AOS: Your assurer contacts Centrelink and they give him instructions and papers to fill in for proof of income and living conditions, etc. Once the papers and documents have been handed back to Centrelink, they then go through it and phone your assurer after a week or two to have a telephonic interview with him. If they're happy and he qualifies they will accept his AOS and send it off to their AOS dept which I think is in Canberra. They said to him that it might take up to 7 weeks for AOS to finally approve the AOS. That is when he will get the AOS Acceptance Letter. (it took 11 weeks for us to get ours!)

PVC needs this Acceptance Letter from AOS to finalise your visa. They won't even consider it without that letter!

At the end even our CO contacted her representative at AOS to check on our Acceptance Letter. She even instructed me not to involve my son any further because there was nothing my son could do. There is a system to be followed and that's it.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, melbourne3000 said:

alright guys i just confirm about aos

please tell your son to check his mygov account and if he didnt have one please sign up and link to centrelink. because i recieve my aos in 4 weeks. they send me email on mygov account. and yes i didnt recieve letter from centrelink via paper mail yet. but do receive  email about approval. so i guess they are bit faster on email than paper mail. 

You were pretty lucky if you received your AOS Acceptance Letter so quickly. Are you sure it's not just the confirmation letter from Centrelink that your AOS was approved by them? 

You are correct that they don't send paper mail anymore. They send it in an email. 

I've also opened an account with MyGov here and it links all your Government departments together. It's very handy when you change your address. You only do it on MyGov and it's linked to Centrelink, Medicare, Transport and Licensing, etc. or whatever you linked to it.

• Like 1

Hello All

Firstly welcome to the new comers.

Dirkz, thank you still being with us and passing all information to all of us in this forum - much appreciated

Elna thank you for the Movecube info - any idea how many CBM were the goods? By the way, we also sold our home - had to take a knock but its gone. I have to hand over keys on 31st Dec so it has been crazy for us. Our destination is Melbourne. We leave on the 16th November and return on 25th December so you can imagine - having to pack stuff from a big house to a 2 bedroom apartment / stuff to take to OZ / stuff to sell  - we have had from 1st Nov to do it - and then there is only 3 working days after we get back to finalise - anyway things will happen.

Elza - your favourite date 9th November - 2 days to go so I am sure that , you Elna and Marchhawker will get your call up papers very soon - best of luck. We all holding thumbs and look up to HIM above and say " make a plan "

Very interesting discussion about the AOS - quite daunting, but eventually it will get done.

Take care 

• Like 2

@JTN I asked for a quote on a medium sized movecube . The 3 sizes are 

• Small: Height 1.871m         Width 1.114m       Length 0.964m     Volume 2.01m³
  • Medium: Height 1.871m     Width 1.464m       Length 1.112m     Volume 3.05m³
  • Large: Height 1.871m         Width 1.464m       Length 2.264m     Volume 6.20m

We sold a lot of furniture before we moved out and the small stuff will sort out in rental. It was still a traumatic experience but is over and done now. We are getting on with our lives. We took a knock as well, but like you said, at least THAT worry is one less.

Kitty cat is happy being two houses away from old house and it is good for us too. Still having a lovely sea view. 

Hope we get some update from someone soon. Anyone.

• Like 1

One can order more than one movecube .

@Elna57

You are so wise with only taking a cube (or two). Not so much because it’s cheaper than a container, but because one’s life changes quite a bit when relocating to Australia. And one’s needs change too. And things are not as expensive here as one thinks. 

We’ve been living in a 3 bedroom rental with skeleton stuff For 9 weeks and actually started to enjoy it. Our container is now in Brisbane harbor awaiting quarantine. I’m dreading it’s arrival because I don’t know where we’re going to go with all our stuff! Only missing our beds though. We’ve got two cars, a TV and fridge which we got here. 

Everyone has their own plans and ideas and find it difficult to part with their own stuff, but depending on where you’re going to stay, etc, you don’t need much and what you need you can buy here, sometimes cheaper than in SA

• Like 2