Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

5 hours ago, Dirkz said:

@Onthemove

Yes the chest X-Ray was the only one requested by the medical exam.

Our procedure was fairly easy. I could get an appointment with the Aus immi doctor in PE wihin a week. Luckily I also knew him. I also enquired about the X-Rays from the receptionist who handled the Immi medicals and she told me who the Immi radiologists were who did the X-Rays (luckily I was also good friends with the radiologist). We than went for the chest X-Rays 2 or 3 days before the medical appt.

Hopefully the medical doctor’s lady who handles the immi cases will give you detailed instructions what is expected from you when you come for your medical exam. Like fasting, drinking water for the urine test, have detailed info of your chronic medication (if you are on any), etc.

Then our medical itself was pretty standard, mainly because we are pretty healthy.

You dare not lie so if you had any serious medical insidents like major operations or psychological problems or TB, make sure you have a record that you were treated successfully. I had TB many years ago and was treated successfully, so I went to see the doctor who treated me a few months ago for some more tests and a letter to prove that I was 100% clean and healthy. I submitted that to the Aus Immi doctor and all was ok.

Even my wife had to enter on her medical form that she was in contact with someone who had TB. That is the first question on the medical Form 26 Part B.

Even though I completed the Form 26 beforehand to help the doctor, he filled in his own Form 26 but the info on my filled-in Form 26 helped.

Sorry for the rambling but if there’s anymore info I can help with, just ask.

Going to have a good cup of coffee in the mall near us now 😄

@Dirkz appreciate for your response, thank you.

The 8 hrs fasting is presumably for testing of blood glucose and cholesterol levels ( which I'm familiar with having regular health checks done). It's good to be informed in advance though and am certain the doctor's secretary will advise instructions of the does and don'ts.  Urine tests I imagine are to test kidney,  liver and possible pregnancy.

Your cup of coffee (or two) was assuredly aromatic and enjoyable.  They are good!  Have yourselves a good evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Marchhawker I like your little fun prediction!!!  I'm spending the day getting my mind updated on all the forms, documents, emails etc. i have already submitted and making up a time line for myself of things to do!!!!

So just to make me feel better i'm going to focus on your "Approval based on 30 days month"  ......End of January!!!  B)

On Friday i went to the police station to start my finger prints.......... got there at 15:45..... they had already left!! The finger print department works until 16:00 Monday to Thursday but leave at 15:30 on a Friday......  B)  So moving that to Monday!!!! I'm so silly!!!!!

• Like 2

Glad to see we are moving into visas being processed that were lodged at end of January 2015. I am still 17 months away until my processing for our lodged in July 2016. Finally out of 2014.

Really looking forward to when we get into 2016  visa processing , then I can start getting excited. The wheels are turning slowly but they are a turning.

Vasbyt one and all.

Cheers

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:33 AM, Onthemove said:

@Dirkz appreciate for your response, thank you.

The 8 hrs fasting is presumably for testing of blood glucose and cholesterol levels ( which I'm familiar with having regular health checks done). It's good to be informed in advance though and am certain the doctor's secretary will advise instructions of the does and don'ts.  Urine tests I imagine are to test kidney,  liver and possible pregnancy.

Your cup of coffee (or two) was assuredly aromatic and enjoyable.  They are good!  Have yourselves a good evening.

We just got back from our medicals.

We had much the same experience as @Dirkz.

Our letter from PVC  has an attachment Specifically relating to the Medicals, with all the required File numbers etc.It tells you exactly what you must do. EASY. Don't worry.

When we called for an appointment, the receptionist entered our HAP numbers into her computer  (obviously she was connected online to the AUS system,)She could see exactly what Tests were required for My wife and I.

I could compare what she had on her system to that which PVC sent me in their attachment. I can only deduce/assume  that all 143 Contr Parent Visas will be the same.

Medical Examination (501)

HIV test (707)

Chest x-ray (502)

We made an appointment and she immediately emailed us all the forms and instructions for our specific visit.

The rest is really obvious.... Chest x-rays, blood , Urine and the Physical examination. Dr asks you about your medical history eg and discusses anything you may have said YES to on your medical questionnaire.

According to Pathcare the HIV blood test is a NON FAST test. You don't have to fast before the test,but if its important to you, just  ask the lady that will send you the "rules":D

Neither is the Urine test.

Take @Dirkzadvice. Drink a lot of water ...and my advice... drink it...early.....especially if you have an early appointment so that the urine is no longer so concentrated (yellow) and can give a false reading .Guess who that happened to.:)

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:33 AM, Onthemove said:

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DGT said:

We just got back from our medicals.

We had much the same experience as @Dirkz.

Our letter from PVC  has an attachment Specifically relating to the Medicals, with all the required File numbers etc.It tells you exactly what you must do. EASY. Don't worry.

When we called for an appointment, the receptionist entered our HAP numbers into her computer  (obviously she was connected online to the AUS system,)She could see exactly what Tests were required for My wife and I.

I could compare what she had on her system to that which PVC sent me in their attachment. I can only deduce/assume  that all 143 Contr Parent Visas will be the same.

Medical Examination (501)

HIV test (707)

Chest x-ray (502)

We made an appointment and she immediately emailed us all the forms and instructions for our specific visit.

The rest is really obvious.... Chest x-rays, blood , Urine and the Physical examination. Dr asks you about your medical history eg and discusses anything you may have said YES to on your medical questionnaire.

According to Pathcare the HIV blood test is a NON FAST test. You don't have to fast before the test,but if its important to you, just  ask the lady that will send you the "rules":D

Neither is the Urine test.

Take @Dirkzadvice. Drink a lot of water ...and my advice... drink it...early.....especially if you have an early appointment so that the urine is no longer so concentrated (yellow) and can give a false reading .Guess who that happened to.:)

@DGT  thanks for sharing. Glad you got all that behind you. Well done and good luck !

• Like 1

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 29 January 2015.

• Like 2

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 03 February 2015.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@KevinLee Fantastic !!! Can you believe it - at 02h52 this morning their response to my test mail still read 29 Jan 2015!  And my heart dropped thinking “here we go again, getting stuck on a date“ and then a happy surprise with your posting.  :whome:

• Like 2

Hey Roomies. Just look at that! Thanks @KevinLee. Too scared to get excited yet though. :D

4 hours ago, Onthemove said:

@KevinLee Fantastic !!! Can you believe it - at 02h52 this morning their response to my test mail still read 29 Jan 2015!  And my heart dropped thinking “here we go again, getting stuck on a date“ and then a happy surprise with your posting.  :whome:

i had got into the habit of rarely issuing an test email, now i cant help but send them!! so glad its on the move!!

@Elza any news ?? so so close!! 

p.s my prediction is still on the same dates.... :)

Edited by Marchhawker
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2017 at 4:06 PM, Elna57 said:

Name Date Lodged Meds etc req Meds done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted😊
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017       May 2017 14 Jun 2017 3 Jul 2017 13 Jul 2017
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017 20 Jun 2016 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16 12 Apr 17   31 May 2017 2 Jun 2017
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017

25 Aug 2017
Elza 10 Feb 2015                
Elna57 25 Feb 2015                
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015                
DGT 20 April 2015                
data 9 May 2015                
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                
JTN 10 Jul 2015                
KevinLee 24 Sep 2015                
JIG 1 Nov 2015                
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                

• Like 1

@Marchhawker Not a single update yet Roomie. :( I think @DGT has been requested to get their medicals done though. As soon as @Elza receives her request i will update the list.

Have a great Sunday all!

19 minutes ago, Elna57 said:

@Marchhawker Not a single update yet Roomie. :( I think @DGT has been requested to get their medicals done though. As soon as @Elza receives her request i will update the list.

Have a great Sunday all!

:( Sad face for no updates! But happy face because we know it's moving :D 

I was trying to find it yesterday, to see who was next on the list encase I had missed someone, so though whilst I've found the table I would push it up in the thread :) ready for our next update! Which I am sure will be soon. :D 

Having a lovely Sunday thanks Elna, hope everyone else is having a lovely Sunday! :) 

• Like 1

@Marchhawker yes I am  going through an agent in Perth! I thought it would be easier and a lot less stressful!! But, not realizing at that moment that I think it's stressful either way, just with the agent I can stress with the confidence knowing that things are happening  correctly....... So guess what?? I'm  still stressing!! Ha ha 😂🤣😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Marchhawker No I am not using an agent.  It does not seem to make a difference. You?

• Like 1

Name Date Lodged Meds etc req Meds done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted😊
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017       May 2017 14 Jun 2017 3 Jul 2017 13 Jul 2017
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017 20 Jun 2016 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16 12 Apr 17   31 May 2017 2 Jun 2017
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017       25 Aug 2017
Elza 10 Feb 2015                
Elna57 25 Feb 2015                
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015     Not required 173 visa          
DGT 20 April 2015

12 Oct

15 Oct 2017            
data 9 May 2015                
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                
JTN 10 Jul 2015                
KevinLee 24 Sep 2015                
JIG 1 Nov 2015                
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                

@Elna57 i read back thought the forum and saw the dates that DGT received his medical request and when they had them done. I've included them in the list. 

No agent for us.  

Edited by Marchhawker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Marchhawker said:
On 09/10/2017 at 4:06 PM, Elna57 said:

Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017 25 Aug 2017 30 June 2017 25 Aug 2017 27 Aug 2017
Elza 10 Feb 2015                
Elna57 25 Feb 2015                
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015     Not required 173 visa          
DGT 20 April 2015

12 Oct

15 Oct 2017            
data 9 May 2015                
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                
JTN 10 Jul 2015                
KevinLee 24 Sep 2015                
JIG 1 Nov 2015                
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                

Thought I'd also just complete my timeline on the spreadsheet for what it's worth.

Holding thumbs for Elza and Elna59 to receive that email soon.

DGT you seem to have a lucky advantage there to jump the queue :)

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Dirkz said:

DGT you seem to have a lucky advantage there to jump the queue :)

I can also report that My AOS was submitted on 13 Oct 2017 and Police Clearance done on 9 Oct .

I think all of us after (approx. 20 April 2015)) my lodgment date,  will be         "offered the opportunity to commence preparing some of the documents and checks ahead of assessment in order to streamline the processing of their application" (Quote from the letter from PVC.):)

This certainly makes it far less stressful, not having to perform all these things under pressure at the very end.!

It does however, not  mean that we will get assessed out of turn. It would have been great if this new system had been  implemented long ago.

We all also know for sure that they will request Form80. My advice is to do Form80 asap as it takes a fair amount of time to research all the info required.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DGT said:

I can also report that My AOS was submitted on 13 Oct 2017 and Police Clearance done on 9 Oct 

This certainly makes it far less stressful, not having to perform all these things under pressure at the very end.!

It does however, not  mean that we will get assessed out of turn. It would have been great if this new system had been  implemented long ago.

@DGT  Well done :)   

• Like 1

Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017 25 Aug 2017  30 June 2017 25 Aug 2017 27 Aug 2017
Elza 10 Feb 2015                
Elna57 25 Feb 2015                
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015                
DGT 20 April 2015

12 Oct

15 Oct

13 Oct 2017  9 Oct 2017        
data 9 May 2015                
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                
JTN 10 Jul 2015                
KevinLee 24 Sep 2015                
JIG 1 Nov 2015                
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                

@DGT - that is wonderful news, Hopefully Data isnt far behind you!!

lets hope Elna and Elza get contact soon!! 

where is everyone going when they get to Australia? we are Brisbane 

• Like 1

hi guys, I'm new to this thread. but being reading this and last one whole first. 

i apply for 143 aswell for my mother and sister.

file lodged on 22 dec 2014 by post and received acknowledgement om 12 dec2015.

medical and pcc check required on 8 oct 2017.

and now middle of process for aos. any idea how long they take for aos certificate? applied about 5 weeks ago. thanks

• Like 1

@melbourne3000

Welcome to the forum and this thread.

If you read back on all the posts you'll get a lot of info answering some questions you may have.

As I've stated a few times before, the process that held us back was the AoS, or more accurately, getting the Acceptance Letter from Centrelink for the AoS. Your Case Officer can't issue the visa if he/she doesn't have all the right papers AND the AoS Acceptance Letter.

It seems that lately Centrelink's AoS department is overloaded with AoS applications, hence the delay in getting the AoS approved. In our case it took just over 4 months (see table in previous post). Hope it changes for the better. In the mean time just be patient.

• Like 1

Congratulations, DGT , well done - what a pleasant surprise. I see that you are on the ball - Meds done / PC done and AOS submitted - that is classic. Best wishes for rest of visa and moving process.

Elza , Elna and Marchhawker - you guys are next - do not stress - best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1