Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

14 hours ago, Nannandbaz said:

@KevinLee and @DGT Thanks for this input.

I understand the concept of a "new" system and believe that it is necessary - the time is dragging by at snails pace and I am sure that the information submitted all those many months ago could be outdated  in many  cases. Understandable that Police Clearance, Medical, Form 80 can be applied for now - but is the AOS not only available after the Case Officer has made contact? Thanks!

It is clear from the invitation  letter that I received from PVC that:

My Assurer needs to provide Centrelink the AOS letter that contains a File Ref Number ,Our names and Birth dates.

You must forward the attached letter to your potential assurer. Your potential assurer needs to provide this letter to Centrelink to initiate the Assurance of Support assessment. Centrelink will advise your assurer how to make an application as well as the responsibilities that accompany the commitment. Centrelink will issue an Assurance of Support Acceptance letter to the assurer when the process has been completed. Further information is available at: https://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/34aos

• Thanks 1

@Nannandbaz

56 minutes ago, Nannandbaz said:

Hi roomies,

Any advice/comments would be appreciated. 

We will be visiting our children Dec, Jan and Feb and were wondering  if  we were contacted to proceed with submitting documentation  (as @Onthemove has  referred to - possibly December- and we are one day  apart from each other) ,would we be able to go for Medicals in Aus  -  and proceed with AOS as well?  We could have Police Clearance and Form 80  ready from SA in our possession....any takers.....?

I’ve been keeping fingers crossed for a while now that December may just be the month for contact - even with the “ new system” it’s still no guarantee. Based on progress made during this month, it’s looking very promising that my hopes may come to be.  Am fervently hopeful :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:41 AM, Elna57 said:

@Dirkz

We did all that when anything changed, such as our new passport numbers and received a reply from them confirming that they received the relevant info.

Thank you so much, believe me, you will be the first to hear about it when/if we do get any communication from PVC.

Have a great day and thanks again for your support.

@Dirkz, thanks for your continued inputs.May I please ask your advice?

When you did the NEW passport notification.

Did you do it by email or did you send copies by post / courier,? 

certified copies ? together with Form 929 ?

How did you advise them about your wife's passport renewal ? By separate form or by addendum?

• Like 1

@Nannandbaz Far as I can tell, rules for offshore applications differ to those for onshore applications, but stand to be corrected ;) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Onthemove said:

@Nannandbaz Far as I can tell, rules for offshore applications differ to those for onshore applications, but stand to be corrected ;) 

4 minutes ago, DGT said:

@Dirkz, thanks for your continued inputs.May I please ask your advice?

When you did the NEW passport notification.

Did you do it by email or did you send copies by post / courier,? 

certified copies ? together with Form 929 ?

How did you advise them about your wife's passport renewal ? By separate form or by addendum?

My apologies  @Dirkz  an also to Elna.

@Elna, I see now that it was you that I should have addressed alongside your quote.

Either way Elna can you please advise ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@DGT

Can you please tell me, what does the sponsor need before he/she can go into Centrelink to start the process for AOS? I read up on Orphan's thread but we did not receive a letter with our lodgement confirmation regarding AOS.

Any info please?

@Elna57

The link below will answer all your questions. "Information you need to know about Assurance of Support"

The letter that you will receive will also give quite clear instructions etc.You cannot start the process until you get the letter which contains your REF Number.You also need to provide them with the actual letter.

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/forms/su594

• Thanks 1

@Elna57

I also meant to copy the following from my correspondence

You must forward the attached letter to your potential assurer. Your potential assurer needs to provide this letter to Centrelink to initiate the Assurance of Support assessment. Centrelink will advise your assurer how to make an application as well as the responsibilities that accompany the commitment. Centrelink will issue an Assurance of Support Acceptance letter to the assurer when the process has been completed. Further information is available at: https://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/34aos

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nannandbaz said:

Hi roomies,

We will be visiting our children Dec, Jan and Feb and were wondering  if  we were contacted to proceed with submitting documentation  (as @Onthemove has  referred to - possibly December- and we are one day  apart from each other) ,would we be able to go for Medicals in Aus  -  and proceed with AOS as well?  We could have Police Clearance and Form 80  ready from SA in our possession....any takers.....?

Hi guys this should answer all your question. I always find Aus is so fantastic with information.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/arranging-a-health-examination#

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/health-examinations#

10 hours ago, Dirkz said:

@DGT

Congrats, your last process has started!

It might be a new process for your agent, but we received the same email from PVC Team1 on 7 April 2017.

DGT, the last sentence of the first paragraph you quoted does state the "...requesting of these documents...". So although you are invited to commence preparation you are actually requested to get them for PVC. As soon as you have the PCC and Form 80 ready, it should be send to PVC in one email with all your reference details in the subject line (as you received it from them). But your agent will hopefully do that for you. The other roomies doing their own applications can take note of this.

@Dirkz

Thanks for your good wishes  and other advice.

I would just like to clarify whether this is in fact a new system or not.

Please can you check whether your letter also contained the following words?

However, we are offering the opportunity for clients to commence preparing some of the required documents and checks ahead of assessment in order to streamline the processing of their application

and then further down in the letter

. We anticipate that by requesting these now there will be sufficient time for processing the application and visa grant – assuming all requirements are met – and for the applicant(s) to then arrive in Australia within these validity timeframes, but it is up to the applicant to choose whether to proceed now to prepare these documents or to wait until their case is allocated to a case officer for assessment

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DGT said:

My apologies  @Dirkz  an also to Elna.

@Elna, I see now that it was you that I should have addressed alongside your quote.

Either way Elna can you please advise ?

@DGT

You have to download and complete form 929 and attach a certified copy of your new passport. We did one for my husband and one for myself. You then email the whole lot and I quote : "

When communicating with your case officer please always include your reference number, name and date of birth in the subject line so that we can identify the email as one that is meant as part of your processing.

a.      For example, write in the subject line:  JOHN CITIZEN 4/4/1950 CID 12345678912 (OR CLF2015/123456)"

to  :mailto:parents@border.gov.au

A few days later you will be informed that they have updated your file.

7 minutes ago, DGT said:

@Dirkz

However, we are offering the opportunity for clients to commence preparing some of the required documents and checks ahead of assessment in order to streamline the processing of their application

. We anticipate that by requesting these now there will be sufficient time for processing the application and visa grant – assuming all requirements are met – and for the applicant(s) to then arrive in Australia within these validity timeframes, but it is up to the applicant to choose whether to proceed now to prepare these documents or to wait until their case is allocated to a case officer for assessment

@DGT Please inform us all when you get your answer to this one.

Thanks.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Elna57 said:

@DGT

You have to download and complete form 929 and attach a certified copy of your new passport. We did one for my husband and one for myself. You then email the whole lot and I quote : "

When communicating with your case officer please always include your reference number, name and date of birth in the subject line so that we can identify the email as one that is meant as part of your processing.

a.      For example, write in the subject line:  JOHN CITIZEN 4/4/1950 CID 12345678912 (OR CLF2015/123456)"

to  :mailto:parents@border.gov.au

A few days later you will be informed that they have updated your file.

@Elna57

Thanks very much.

I am probably prone to being too literal in my outlook.

On page 1 on form 929 , two thirds down the page, they say " Please return the completed form by post to the office where you lodged your application ......."

Elna ,did they say that they" updated your file"  or just that they received your email?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nannandbaz said:

Hi roomies,

@Nannandbaz

Our Lodgement date 20 Apr 2015.

We are in the same position.^_^ Leaving for Aus mid Nov and back in SA end Jan 2018.

First of all, make sure that you don't overstay you 90 days allowance (on VISA 600) :) If you have that limitation (we have)

One can do one's medicals in Aus. Check Form 26 to see the possible issues and info that may be required.

The AOS is also done there anyway. Remember that PVC requires action(starting the process) on the AOS within 28 days from receipt of their letter.

Police clearance can be a problem. I know that applicants have received their PC Cert pretty quickly ,but I am not counting on it. The Police say 4 to 8 weeks. So I have made arrangements for someone ,if necessary,to receive them in SA and to Courier to us in Aus. (I am definitely NOT having it posted)

It is highly unlikely that our CO will be involved while we are away. If he is then I am sure that one can request an extension of time.

I understand that we are not allowed to be in Australia when he gets involved?? So worst case, we need to go to Dubai or somewhere where we don't need a visa . I am not sure about exactly when we must be outside of Aus.... Perhaps someone will advise, please.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DGT said:

@Elna57

Thanks very much.

I am probably prone to being too literal in my outlook.

On page 1 on form 929 , two thirds down the page, they say " Please return the completed form by post to the office where you lodged your application ......."

Elna ,did they say that they" updated your file"  or just that they received your email?

@DGT

They acknowledged receipt and I will quote what they said:

"Thank you, email received and details updated."

• Like 1

@DGT

What I have read on PomsinOZ forum, a lot of UK people go to Aus beforehand and whilst there contact Immi and tell them that they are in Aus and Immi then tells them to leave the country when they are about to get their visas. They usually then pop over to Bali or New Zealand and their visas get approved a day or so after they left Aus.  I also considered the whole matter and for now just registered on the NZ website to apply for visitors visa because it is very cheap to fly out to NZ. For now, I am just trying to cope with the house sale, alternative accommodation and the storm damage. ( I am from Durban). Oh, and waiting to hear from PVC. 

• Like 1

@DGT

Yes, it used to be so that we had to submit paper everything, but they are now happy and even suggest that we should communicate electronically. Dirkz also sent his renewals via email and had no problem.

Are you working through a company to handle your Police clearances? It makes life so much easier. They will even quote you on the overseas courier if you choose to have your police clearances couriered overseas. The name of the one I used is Docassist. Excellent service. I received my police clearances back just over two weeks after I couriered them to Docassist. I pais the full amount within a certain couple of days and got huge discount. We paid R850 for 2 police clearances (This doesnt include the R114 each one pays at the Police station.)

• Like 1

@DGT

I don’t have the original email on my iPad, it’s on my Mac in the container. 

As far as I can remember it does look like the wording has changed slightly on the “new request for documents preparation email” but the general idea is still the same. I was requested to get my documents ready if I wanted to but would only need to supply it within 28 days from being requested by my CO. Because the HAP no and letter for my assurer to initiate AOS were included in the email, I immediately commenced with medicals and sent my son in Aus the letter to commence AOS. 

All relevant details are in the email. I filled in Form 80 for me and my wife and then emailed them and our PCC’s to PVC in a reply email. They never even responded that my email was received. Then about 2 months later we got the letter from our CO requesting documents within 28 days if we haven’t supplied them yet (which we had) and mentioning that the AOS was still outstanding. I then replied that we’ve submitted the Form 80’s and PCC’s on a certain date and are waiting for the AOS to be finalised. The CO then replied that AOS was very busy and that we should just be patient. It eventually took us 4 months after receiving that initial request for document preparation until we received our visa, mainly due to the AOS process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Dirkz

Thank you se very much for all your replies and advice. We are so grateful that you are still here supporting us.  You are our rock. regards to Elmarie.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@DGT Please inform us all when you get your answer to this one.

Thanks.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:39 AM, DGT said:

@Dirkz

Not to belabor the issue, but I should also have quoted the following paragraph from the letter of invitation that I received from PVC;

I am just trying to establish whether my letter is different to the letter that applicants previously received

.Dirk I know that your computer is in your container and therefore you cant advise.

Can anybody else, that has received a letter a few months ago ,please advise whether their letter contained these sentences?.i.e whether there is a "new system" now.

QUOTE FROM MY LETTER:

·         As this is an invitation to provide documents, and not a formal request, there is no specific timeframe for submission and therefore any extension of time is not required.

·         Once the application is allocated to a case officer a formal request will be made for any requirement still pending at that stage.

• Like 2

@Dirkz   trust this message finds you hearty and well settled.

As you're the most recent to have gone the medical process, perhaps you could advise which x-rays (aside from the chest x-ray for TB) are likely to be called for? Just curious, but would be nice to know, as no other x-ray requirements are mentioned on either of the medical forms (Form 26 and Form 160).  Would appreciate an insight. Thanks in advance :)

• Like 2

@DGT

The wording is definitely different. So you can view it as a “new” version of the system. It seems like the idea has changed a bit due to the lengthy time it takes to process those last steps. When I received that email, I can remember that there was a sentence that said that I could request extention if I were unable to comply in time. But that time was 28 days after receiving the final request from the CO.

This new wording streamlines the process a bit. Just do those things requested as soon as you can and then wait for the contact email from the CO. As I’ve said numerous times, unless Centrelink and AOS have become more proficient, your longest wait will be the Acceptance Letter from Centrelink/AOS. Your CO can do nothing before that letter is received by them. 

• Like 2

@Onthemove

Yes the chest X-Ray was the only one requested by the medical exam.

Our procedure was fairly easy. I could get an appointment with the Aus immi doctor in PE wihin a week. Luckily I also knew him. I also enquired about the X-Rays from the receptionist who handled the Immi medicals and she told me who the Immi radiologists were who did the X-Rays (luckily I was also good friends with the radiologist). We than went for the chest X-Rays 2 or 3 days before the medical appt.

Hopefully the medical doctor’s lady who handles the immi cases will give you detailed instructions what is expected from you when you come for your medical exam. Like fasting, drinking water for the urine test, have detailed info of your chronic medication (if you are on any), etc.

Then our medical itself was pretty standard, mainly because we are pretty healthy.

You dare not lie so if you had any serious medical insidents like major operations or psychological problems or TB, make sure you have a record that you were treated successfully. I had TB many years ago and was treated successfully, so I went to see the doctor who treated me a few months ago for some more tests and a letter to prove that I was 100% clean and healthy. I submitted that to the Aus Immi doctor and all was ok.

Even my wife had to enter on her medical form that she was in contact with someone who had TB. That is the first question on the medical Form 26 Part B.

Even though I completed the Form 26 beforehand to help the doctor, he filled in his own Form 26 but the info on my filled-in Form 26 helped.

Sorry for the rambling but if there’s anymore info I can help with, just ask.

Going to have a good cup of coffee in the mall near us now 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a little fun prediction, i cant help but get a little excited :) 

Current visa date:  29/01/2015 Days to go! 

Approval based on

30 days month

(36 months)

Approval based on 31 day month 

(36 months)

Based on last update prediction 

(990 days)

Marchhawker Lodgement date 25/03/2015 55 9/03/2018 14/04/2018 9/12/2017
Elna Lodgement Date 25/02/2015 27 9/02/2018 17/03/2018 11/11/2017
Elza Lodgement date  10/02/2015 12 25/01/2018 2/03/2018 27/10/2017

Todays date  15/10/2017        
Difference in days between visa and todays date  990