Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

@Elna57   it is indeed sad having to give up your home yet looking ahead to a new life in Aus will reap its benefits before too long. Stay positive and the next steps in the visa process will soon be knocking at your door.  Who better to understand your feelings of impatience and the uncertainty of when contact will be made, but the roomies on this thread :unsure:    Be strong - all fingers crossed for you :magic:

• Like 2

@Onthemove.

Thank you very much for your encouraging words. Just what I needed today. Felt like a real hug to me. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dear @Elna57,

You are now going into a bit of an anxious time and all I can say is to stay calm and patient. We also stayed in our house for almost 40 years before we sold and moved into a rental for the last months waiting for our visa. We were fortunate to get a short rental contract with another tenant waiting to move  in when we moved out.

If you can find a rental for about 4 months or delay your house transfer for that time, it would probably suit you the best. Moving into a rental has the advantage of thinning out all the stuff not going with you to Aus.  The disadvantage of course is moving twice.

Storing your stuff while staying with someone now until the visa arrives is sometimes a risk you take due to the fact that your household gets packed and unpacked twice - first to move to the storage, then again to go into the container. We avoided that due to negative remarks received about that course of action. But that depends on the integrity of your moving company of course.

If I can give you some guidelines again, we got our first letter from PVC Team1 in April to prepare our documents, go for our medicals, lodge the AOS, etc. Our HAP number and all relevant info were included in that email from PVC. But then it took another 4 months before we finally got our visa at the end of August.

You might be luckier than us but that was our situation. And we had everything planned and ready. No delay from our side.

Now to cheer you up. We are settling into our townhouse and enjoying it very much! We've bought a few things we need and camping in our townhouse with borrowed furniture, TV, etc. Just busy organising broadband for our unit now. If you earn a bit of dollars here, everything is pretty affordable. And the coffee is top class! My dear wife said we'll never be able to afford coffee here at $3.60 to $4.00 a cup, but we haven't had a day without a cup or two (Flat white or cappuccino). And it's easy to make money here if you're prepared to do something and not just sit on your backside.

So for all the roomies in this tread, just be patient and keep looking forward to a guaranteed better life in Australia. After a month of being here we have almost forgotten about all the crime and lawlessness in good old SA and are really enjoying settling in. We almost don't even miss all our stuff in the container which is still at sea. 

Vasbyt everyone and keep looking forward!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Dirkz

You are right, as always. Thank you for taking time to reply and the encouragement. 

This is why I love our roomies. Always someone to do CPR. :lol:

• Like 1

Keeping to this last conversation, I thought of another option. 

Your house might take about 3 months to register before you have to be out. Getting a rental for a month or two might be impossible. 

So another option is to load the container when you have to leave your house and send it off. Then squad with someone until the visa is granted and then fly out immediately. The only risk involved here is that you have to find accommodation in less time over in Aus when you get there because your container will already be on its way. Ours left 30 Aug and was delayed by 3 days due to bad weather and is expected 16 October. Then another 10 days or so to get through customs. That is in our case though. Yours might be slightly different. But then again we were lucky and found a townhouse that suited us very quick. 

Your last risk in this above scenario is that your visa might be declined and you have to import your container back again. But I’m sure that risk is not negotiable 😉

One tip to all on this thread, don’t try to stock up in South Africa on cheap rubbish because you think stuff in Aus is expensive. Some stuff is cheaper here than in SA 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Dirkz.

Thanks a lot. Busy packing now and googled prices of most things as I went along.  I can confirm that most items were cheaper over in Aus.

Will only be taking my bread and butter sewing machines and some documents plus my dinner service and the latter only because it is catering quality. (Affording myself one little luxury.)

Yes. We have decided to find a rental. We absolutely do not wish to prolong those farewells by staying with friends or family. 

I am already so fed up with THAT question 'when are you getting your visas'

Best advice I think: NEVER tell ANYONE that you are planning to emigrate. Unless you want to feel like a young married couple again facing that question 'so when are you starting a family'.  

Regards

Elna

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi Roomies

Knock me over with a feather!!

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 07 January 2015.
:o

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:05 PM, Elna57 said:

Sorry Elna I think I messed up with the editing of my post .Please ignore.

• Like 1

I notice that since around end May 2017, PAC has included the following Note on page 4 of their Email.

I know there was confusion about this....

ASSURANCE OF SUPPORT

Please refer to the Department of Human Services (Centrelink) which is the agency responsible. The Department is aware that there is some delay in the processing of AoS by DHS. Appropriate allowance will be made for this. Do not request DHS to provide evidence to the Department that you have lodged your AoS unless specifically requested by your case officer. Such requests significantly impact the ability of DHS to process the large number of AoS applications on hand. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Elna57 said:

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 07 January 2015.

This is really good news.:)

As I said it is very risky to predict over a very short period.

Having said that I should have picked up that PAC was working on 10 Dec 2014!!  ...and   It is highly probable that much fewer people would have lodged applications during the period 10 Dec 2014  and 7 Jan 2015, since they were closed for much of that period anyway.

Hence the big jump.?

• Like 2

@DGT

Oh boy!! I am praying so hard I am sure all roomies can hear me. I keep telling myself.. any day now... any day now and my poor son keeps getting messages of 'nothing yet?' Hahhahaha. I have to admit I brought that boy up well.😀 He never gets impatient and just keeps telling me to chill. So my problem is exactly that... I am not the chilling kind of person. 😂  Poor child probably wishes that I was over there so that he could give me a good lecture on how to behave myself.  

I am too happy that I am not there for that lecture. 😆

Either way, please pray for us.. we  would LOVE to be in Aus by Christmas. We have missed too many of those.

• Like 1

@DGT

The note on AoS explains what we experienced a few months ago when we were anxiously waiting for our visa. Our delay was caused by DHS being overloaded by AoS applications. There is not much one can do about that. We just had to follow the rules and be patient!

@Elna57

We all know how eager we get towards the end of the waiting game (ask me!), but there is not much one can do but to have all your ducks in a row and be ready to go for the medical, have your PCC ready, form 80 filled in, and your son be ready with the AoS application. Once you’ve been requested to initiate those last steps, it only gets nerve racking because there is the container to book and flight tickets to buy. And you can’t do that much before you get the AoS finished, which lately seems to take the longest. 

Like your son said, just chill! After waiting so long, a little longer makes no difference 😊

• Like 3

On 03/10/2017 at 3:07 PM, Elna57 said:

Hi Roomies

Knock me over with a feather!!

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

Knocking you over with the feather because its true!!! How amazing!!! So close Elna :)

Edited by Marchhawker
  • Like 1

Hi Guys!!!!

I applied 10th February 2015 for my 143 visa!!  The time is almost there!!!  When would one do the medical and police clearances.......

• Like 1

@Elza. 

Welcome to our room.

You can apply for your police clearance any time now. It takes just over two weeks nowadays. They are valid for 1 year for emigration purposes.

You will receive an email from the PVC team to inform you that you need to submit form 80, go for medicals and submit your police clearance.

Good luck.

Elna

• Thanks 1

@Elna57 Thanks for the reply!  So nice to see how others are dealing with all the stress, planning etc.  I have been feeling quite alone in my little dream for too long now!!  

i think this is a wonderful idea!!  So helpful!!

Thank you!!

• Like 1

@Elza

Please keep us updated re your process. We are all watching you now and can't wait to hear that you have been contacted to go for medicals etc.

Are you using an agent? If not, did you ask for correspondence to be sent directly to you? If so, remember to look in your spam folder as well as mentioned on the border website and add them to your safe sender list.

Have a great week roomies!

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2017 at 4:45 AM, KevinLee said:

Has anyone received an invite  from DIBP lately?

@KevinLee

Hi, no not in this waiting room. The next person to watch here is our new roomie, Elza. I had to shuffle back to the chair I occupied before Dirkz left. :lol:

When did you apply? 

You can add your lodgement date to your profile by clicking on your sign in profile top right hand corner and then edit your profile adding your lodgement date  "about me" (If I remember correctly)

Good luck roomie... stay strong, we are getting there slowly but surely.

@Onthemove

A warm hearty *HUG* to you on this monday morning.  I owe you a big hug. :)

Name Date Lodged Meds etc req Meds done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC req Granted😊
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017       May 2017 14 Jun 2017 3 Jul 2017 13 Jul 2017
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017 20 Jun 2016 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16 12 Apr 17   31 May 2017 2 Jun 2017
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017       25 Aug 2017
Elza 10 Feb 2015                
Elna57 25 Feb 2015                
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015                
DGT 20 April 2015                
data 9 May 2015                
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                
Nannandbaz 25 Jun 2015                
JTN 10 Jul 2015                
KevinLee 24 Sep 2015                
JIG 1 Nov 2015                
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                

Shorter updated list with our new roomie added. @KevinLee OK sorry, yes I see your are on our list already. Hang in there mate.  It has been a long wait but when we finally get there, it will be so worth it.

43 minutes ago, Elna57 said:

@Onthemove

A warm hearty *HUG* to you on this monday morning.  I owe you a big hug. :)

@Elna57  *HUG* received and most welcome.  Feels soo good, thanks