SA Australia Flickr Group

Stuart and Jill

Hi all

I have seen numerous postings where forum members have the most amazing pictures of road trips and visits to share with the rest of the forum but notice that after a while these posts disappear as do the wonderful pics.

I have created a group on the photo sharing website Flickr called SAAustralia in the hopes of making these pictures more visible and accessible to new forum members. Once you have uploaded your pictures to Flickr and shared them with this group they will not only be available to other forum members and people around the world.

The URL for this group is http://www.flickr.com/groups/saaustralia/

If you're not familiar with Flickr, it is a free photo-sharing website. The website only requires you to register once before you have your own place to put your photos. More answers here: http://www.flickr.com/help/faq/

Let me know if you think this is a good idea.

Regards

Stuart

Edited by Stuart and Jill

Fantastic Idea!!!! :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

How many photos can it hold, Stu?

I use Photobucket, but once my quoto of photos reaches 100, any more just won't up load.

Bob, the free account allows you 100Mb of uploaded photos per month. There are other differences between the free, and paid account, which you can read about here. I use Flickr too, and it is imho the best photo hosting service out there.

Visit my photo album here.

Thanks all, I'm glad you like the idea. I think we can have an awesome Flickr group in time.

If you're new to Flickr I recommend you have a look at this posting entitled the newbie's guide to Flickr

How many photos can it hold, Stu?

I use Photobucket, but once my quoto of photos reaches 100, any more just won't up load.

Hi Bob,

Flickr comes in two flavours free and paid for. The free version is not limited in terms of size, you may only post up to a limit every month. At the beginning of each month that limit resets and you may re-upload.

The paid for version which really costs very little has no limitations whatsoever.

This is from the website:

When you have a free Flickr account, you can upload 100MB worth of photos each calendar month. This is a bandwidth limit, and not an amount of space that you have on Flickr servers. Your bandwidth allowance is reset to zero at midnight in Pacific Time Zone (Flickr headquarters time) on the first of each calendar month.

The answers to most questions on Flickr can be found on the Flickr FAQ page

Hope this helps

Regards,

Stuart

Visit my photo album here.

Nice one Hendie, here is my album

A new users walkthrough for Flickr

Go to www.flickr.com

If you already have a flickr username and password, click the link near the top-right of the screen ‘sign-in’ and enter your username and password. If you are new to Flickr click the red ‘sign-up’ button.

Route for new users only (you only do this once)

You will be taken to a screen explaining that Flickr is a Yahoo service, optionally read the rah-rah. Look for the option on the right that says ‘Don’t have a Yahoo ID?’ click the ‘sign-up’ link

You are taken to a screen asking you for some details like name, what you’d like your yahoo id to be etc… Near the bottom of the screen is the rather cryptic verify your id option. You have to type into the box what you see in the picture – this is done to prevent computers creating bogus accounts. Click the ‘I agree’ button.

You should now have a yahoo id and your space on the web for your Flickr account. At first your address will look a little strange – you can customize your address later to what you want it to be. Note this customization of the address can only be done once so think a bit about what you want your space to be called. I chose swforsyth, hence my space on Flickr is http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartforsyth/

Route for all users

Sign in with your username and password: this is now your space and has nothing to do with SAAustralia. When you’ve uploaded your pictures you will link them to the SAAustralia group so others can see your picture.

Some links where you can get a little help:

• http://www.webware.com/8301-1_109-9703620-2.html

• http://www.flickr.com/help/faq/

If you have any problems or are unsure of something PM me or contact me at swforsyth+saOZ@gmail.com

Edited by Stuart and Jill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I All

I see this is quite a old topic - only joined recently I've created an account and added some photo's of Brisbane and surroundings. Not sure if its on there

Need some help a bit Clueless <_<