Help Please!

KirstyP

Hi Guys! I posted this on the Brisbane community board and received no replies. Please help if you can.

We are due to arrive in Brisbane early October.... I feel like there is so much to do between now and then

I am a secondary school English teacher, my application to the Queensland Teaching College is going in Monday 1 September - thats if i can get my police clearance by then It will take 3 months for them to process the apllication

I am hoping to get a post from one Jan 2009. The problem is I have a 15 month old son.... any suggestions regarding nursery school? Which ones are good? In which areas? We have been following the high school post re COCC and are thinking Carindale and Mansfield might be the areas for us? My husband will be working in the CBD. How long is the commute for these areas? Traffic?

Am also wondering if you guys have a moms group that meets in the mornings or afternoons for a chat?

Lastly, GYM!!!! is there one in these areas? with a kiddies supervised play area? I am desperate to get back into gym!

PS any recommendations on a good evangelical/charismatic/non-denomonational church in these areas?

Thanks Guys!

Hi Kirsty,

Carindale is about 10km's from the CBD it can take up to 45 mins to get into the city depending on traffic. There are some lovely kindy's in that area or any surrounding suburbs like Tingalpa,Wynnum,Manly etc.The best idea is to get here then look for a kindy as you might look for certain requirements specific to your needs.

There is a lovely Westfield which has all the big stores which also has a medicare office etc.

There are are gyms en route to the CBD, so you would best having a look when you get here.

Not sure about churches.

Good luck

:censored: Hallo Kristy!!

I just picked up my sisters oldest up from COC (Primary) and am going to fetch the younger one in a short while. It is a lovely school. And the church linked to the school is City Point Church www.citipointe.com.au they have a very good program on on Sundays for kids of all ages! I think it is the kind of church you are looking for!

Linked to the church is a daycare. Lovely teachers, very good care. I think if you contacted the church office theywill be able to help you with info.

I know of 2 gyms in the area, one in the shopping center at Carindale and the other on the corner of Creek and Pine Mountain. Have a look here www.whereis.com if you want to see where what is!! Here is a link to one of the gym groups www.fitnessfirst.com.au

I live in the area, so you are welcome to PM me if you need some spesific info!! :)

B) Maria

Hi Maraai

Thanks for the info... I will check out the sites and if I have any further querries I will PM you.

Enjoy your day/evening :-)

Kirsty!

I am also a teacher, got my registration last week and we are also on our way to Brisbane in mid October. We will be in the Bulimba area.

I've been told that we have to start with relief teaching first and work our way up. Please share any other info that you have with regards to schools, posts etc!

Good luck with everything!

Lynette

HI guys - thanks for the replies. I know we cannot do anything till we get there but its so hard to not know what to expect or where to start!

I am on the process of registering. I have no idea whether to begin relief teaching or look for a full-time post. So no help there. This all happened so suddenly sorry!