My journey and Contribution, let us not just be trolls. :-D

Marmotte

Greetings to ALL

Had a thread that detailed our journey. I titled it "Don't want to be under the covers only, want to contribute. started on 27 Jan 2013"

..but it got whack :boxing: somewhere somehow....but anyway I am adamant .... so here goes .....

Beware: Each and every application can have a its own path and time line.

This will be a general time line and I will try to update some of the little things that came up along our way to be aware off.

If you have any question fire away.

Application for Visa 189:

This response is also to show how, time lines can vary from application to application.

Decided in Jan 2013 to immigrating to Aus

Feb 2013, Wife got second thoughts :cry: and then got onboard by March 2013 again ...... :ilikeit: Big decisions and emotional too, got to be patient. :hug:
We did our IELTS without agent and wife wrote twice (8) and me once.(7) ummm no comment at this point in time :blush-anim-cl:

• April 2013 IELTS was done.
  • We sign up at agent June 2013
  • From June to early Nov 2013, We ran around for skills assessment to get all paper work done eg. Proof of Bcom :grads: , work experience letters :magic:
    and other bit and bytes and then submission through agent. (This could have been quicker as work and travel etc etc played a role.
    We were not very organize here. :yawn:
  • Got positive feedback from ICAA assessment board. Skills good to go.
  • 14th Nov 2013 Launch EOI . :boxing:
  • 22th Nov 2013 received invitation from Aus immigration to apply for a full application
  • 26th Nov 2013 Lodge application (by Agent )
  • 6th Dec 2013. CO was assign to our case :jester:
  • 6th Dec 2013 Medicals :stretcher:
  • 6th Dec 2013 Also handed in PCC per hand. busy day.
  • 16th Jan 2014 Received SMS that PCC is finalized. :ilikeit:
  • 20th Jan 2014 Fetch PCC per hand
  • 21st Jan 2014 Send PCC to Migrate2oz (agent) via email very early in the morning.
  • 22nd Jan 2014 around 12 o'clock got a call from our agent that PR have been approved. :king:
  • 22nd Jan 2014 received confirmation letter and also confirm on vevo site.
  • 9 December 2014 Need to show our faces to activate visa.
  • That Wednesday Night start planning LSD trip, maybe April 2014 :sleep1:

What a journey, what a ride ....to be continued....

Edited by Marmotte
  • Like 6

Hey there Marmotte, congratulations on the visa grant. This is a wild ride but one that's well worth it. Thanks for sharing your story.

• Like 1

very cool :) all the best for the LSD now.

Thanks for the intro and don't worry, even trolls are welcome here.................the nice kind, not the ones that eat people........lol

Greetings Everybody.

Getting prices for flights (JHB - Perth April/May) ....Eish going to have to go to the tailor and ask him to make my pockets deeper. :glare: It is going to

cost serious money. Currently @ R27000 return two adults. (only non-stop option )

Question: Can we book with IOM for an activation trip or only exit trip.

Also read someone made a comment that Quantas have also have an Activation trip. Anybody heard of this, found nothing on Quantas site.?

Hi Marmotte, are you meaning to say R27000 per adult direct return or for the both of you? If its for both that's actually a great deal! We are also leaving mid April and our tickets were R7182 from Cape Town to Sydney, with 1 stop over in Abu Dhabi. One way though.

@DaffyDuck

That is for both of us non-stop

• Like 1

Greetings Everybody.

Getting prices for flights (JHB - Perth April/May) ....Eish going to have to go to the tailor and ask him to make my pockets deeper. :glare: It is going to

cost serious money. Currently @ R27000 return two adults. (only non-stop option )

Question: Can we book with IOM for an activation trip or only exit trip.

Also read someone made a comment that Quantas have also have an Activation trip. Anybody heard of this, found nothing on Quantas site.?

IOM will only do one way tickets and you can only get one in a lifetime, so while you can use them for an activation trip, but it may not be worth it. The benefit of IOM is the additional baggage, don't waste it on an activation trip, unless you can leave it somewhere.

The Australian national carrier is QANTAS. It's an acronym for Queensland and Northern Territory Airline Service. One of The pet hates of Australians is having their national carriers name spelt wrong. I suspect they are subcontracted by IOM to do the immigrant fare. Not forgetting the airline charges the full price and the immigrant is subsidised by the United Nations.

17yearsoutofrsa.

The Australian national carrier is QANTAS." One of The pet hates of Australians is having their national carriers name spelt wrong.

:blush-anim-cl: This is noted and scouts honor, to never happen again. :ilikeit:

The benefit of IOM is the additional baggage, don't waste it on an activation trip, unless you can leave it somewhere.

This makes a lot of sense, will rather wait to use this benefit.

Thanks for the info.

LSD update.

Tickets bookied at R24585, return JHB Perth

now for accommodation and transport.